Windows 10: Headset Problem

Discus and support Headset Problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a laptop with a built it microphone, but I use my headset for audio input and output. But after the 2004 windows update the microphone on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sam_Wake, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Headset Problem

I have a laptop with a built it microphone, but I use my headset for audio input and output. But after the 2004 windows update the microphone on my headset stopped working and windows only uses the built in mic on my laptop which sounds horrible. My mic does work on other devices. This has happened before but it was fixed in some magical way. Please help reddit!

submitted by /u/Sam_Wake
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sam_Wake, Jul 4, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset Problem :p

cadaveca, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Headset problems

Hi Ricky,

We'd like to verify a few information regarding the problem you encountered with your USB headset.

• Is this the first time you're trying to install or connect your USB headset to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port on your computer?
    • When you connected your headset, did the PC recognize it?

To help us isolate and address the issue, we suggest that you perform the hardware troubleshooter. Follow the steps below:

• Open your Control Panel.
    • Under System and Security, click Find and fix problems.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Hit Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Headset Problem

Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue Headset Problem :p

Solaris17, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Headset Problem

1. Headset Problem - Similar Threads - Headset Problem

2. headset problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset problem: For the past week only the right side of my headset has been working, and thus NO MATTER WHICH COMPUTER I PUT IT IN.I could only find answers that say to check things on the PC side, however, as I have already mentionned, in my case, it's a headset side issue and not a pc...
  3. headset problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset problem: For the past week only the right side of my headset has been working, and thus NO MATTER WHICH COMPUTER I PUT IT IN.I could only find answers that say to check things on the PC side, however, as I have already mentionned, in my case, it's a headset side issue and not a pc...
  4. headset problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mic and audio problems with Turtle Beach PX22 headset windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic and audio problems with Turtle Beach PX22 headset windows 11: Hello, I recently tried connecting my PX22 headsets to my PC as described in the official Turtle Beach page.After connecting, the mic doesn't seem to be working, as in voice recordings I've attempted the mic doesn't even pick up sound. Additionally, only the left side of the...
  6. Mic and audio problems with Turtle Beach PX22 headset windows 11

Mic and audio problems with Turtle Beach PX22 headset windows 11: Hello, I recently tried connecting my PX22 headsets to my PC as described in the official Turtle Beach page.After connecting, the mic doesn't seem to be working, as in voice recordings I've attempted the mic doesn't even pick up sound. Additionally, only the left side of the...
  7. Sound problem using realtek speakers and headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem using realtek speakers and headset: I got a laptop with Windows 11 and there's a problem while on calls on Messenger, Meet, and Discord. I like to play movies or listen to music while video calling my girlfriend or watching movies together. But the audio disappears or even just calls I can't hear the ring of...
  8. Sound problem using realtek speakers and headset

Sound problem using realtek speakers and headset: I got a laptop with Windows 11 and there's a problem while on calls on Messenger, Meet, and Discord. I like to play movies or listen to music while video calling my girlfriend or watching movies together. But the audio disappears or even just calls I can't hear the ring of...
  9. Windows 11/ Problems with my audio headset connection Poly Savi 7300 Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11/ Problems with my audio headset connection Poly Savi 7300 Office: Poli Savi 7300 Office headset does not work with Windows 11 PCI am using a Poly Savi 7300 Office wireless headset. The headset is wireless, the base is connected by USB to the computer. This is a direct connect with no hub or docking station in between.The headset is...
  10. Windows 11/ Problems with my audio headset connection Poly Savi 7300 Office

Windows 11/ Problems with my audio headset connection Poly Savi 7300 Office: Poli Savi 7300 Office headset does not work with Windows 11 PCI am using a Poly Savi 7300 Office wireless headset. The headset is wireless, the base is connected by USB to the computer. This is a direct connect with no hub or docking station in between.The headset is...