Windows 10: Headset quieter and duller when in another window?

Discus and support Headset quieter and duller when in another window? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, am the proud owner of a Logitech G X Pro headset. I like to listen to music while I play games, via YouTube. But when I'm not in the Youtube... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sebastianfrue, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Headset quieter and duller when in another window?

Hello,

am the proud owner of a Logitech G X Pro headset. I like to listen to music while I play games, via YouTube. But when I'm not in the Youtube window, but in the game window, the sound gets quieter and duller. When I go back to the Youtube window is the sound normal again?

Which settings do I have to change where`?

Sincerely yours,

Sebastian Frühwirth

:)

Sebastianfrue, Jun 27, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset quieter and duller when in another window? :p

cadaveca, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue Headset quieter and duller when in another window? :p

Solaris17, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Headset quieter and duller when in another window?

Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Headset quieter and duller when in another window?

1. Headset quieter and duller when in another window? - Similar Threads - Headset quieter duller

2. Headphone audio suddenly much quieter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone audio suddenly much quieter: Recently the audio in my headphones has become much quieter to the point where I need to have the volume set within the 80-85 range to hear things at normal volume. I switched to another USB port on my computer which worked and had the correct volume, however it has recently...
  3. When Joining a Voice call all other applications go quieter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When Joining a Voice call all other applications go quieter.: When ever i join something like a Discord Vc, in game voice chat, or even open the sound settings them self, the volume of everything except the voice chat seems to go quiet. I have used the trouble shooter and disabled audio enhancements, gone to the Communications tab in...
  4. Help! System sounds are quieter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! System sounds are quieter.: Hello. Today I noticed that the system sounds have become quieter. I am underHello. Today I noticed that the system sounds have become quieter. I connected a mouse and heard a faint sound. Sound seems to be muffled now. But I didn't change any sound settings. I have the...
  5. Help! System sounds are quieter.

Help! System sounds are quieter.: Hello. Today I noticed that the system sounds have become quieter. I am underHello. Today I noticed that the system sounds have become quieter. I connected a mouse and heard a faint sound. Sound seems to be muffled now. But I didn't change any sound settings. I have the...
  6. Audio is a lot quieter than usual

Audio is a lot quieter than usual: I normally use some wired earbuds using the headphone jack on the front of my computer, and they work well.I haven't used my computer for almost a month, but when I got back to it, the same wired headphones suddenly were a lot quieter. Before they sounded loud at about a...
  7. Another High Pitch Headset Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Another High Pitch Headset Problem: for context, this is my previous Question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-audio-sound-like-a-radiohigh-pitch-or-a/86c5bd4a-5b20-4514-8bdb-325b0ac3badeSo I've bought 2 External DeviceI don't know 1 of them but I know the other one, because it's...
  8. Audio volume getting quieter and quieter on some applications/programs, but not others,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio volume getting quieter and quieter on some applications/programs, but not others,...: This is an absolutely bizzare one for me. Im getting per application volume dropping. or even per web page. it started with some web page video players playing their audio very quiet namely Crunchyroll my first thought was its a crunchyroll specific Issue, so I turn on...
  9. Earbuds are quieter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Earbuds are quieter: I usually have the volume of my earbuds at 10 with bass boost, loudness equalization, and windows sonic. Every once on a while it just becomes super quite. I have to push the volume to 60. submitted by /u/RandomLemon12 [link] [comments]...
  10. Ingame sound gets quieter when I play?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ingame sound gets quieter when I play?: Howdy, since today my sound becomes quieter (ingame) and ihc doesn't know why. I have already switched off the checkbox "do not do" when detecting communication. Still does not work... Ingame sound wird leiser wenn ich spiele?