Windows 10: Headset Sound Distortion, Keyboard Malfunctions, Other Malfunctions

Discus and support Headset Sound Distortion, Keyboard Malfunctions, Other Malfunctions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 64-bit MB: MSI Z77 Mpower Keyboard: Dell (Generic) Headset: Plantronics Gamecom 780 Symptoms: Sound from the headset will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Starker, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Starker Win User

Headset Sound Distortion, Keyboard Malfunctions, Other Malfunctions

MB: MSI Z77 Mpower

Keyboard: Dell (Generic)

Headset: Plantronics Gamecom 780

Symptoms:

Sound from the headset will occasionally distort with a buzzing timbre regardless of currently running application.

Headset will stop producing sound and recording on microphone regardless of currently running application. Very rarely, this will be accompanied by a complete loss of keyboard functionality and can only be fixed with a PC restart.

Attempted Solutions:

Reinstalled motherboard audio drivers.

Reinstalled headset drivers.

:)

Starker, Dec 20, 2018
  2. mewmew Win User

USB Malfunction

I have Windows 7 64 bit on my ASUS laptop and am having problems with the USB for my ddr mat.

USB headset, mouse, keyboard all work. The DDR mat driver installs and works on other computers and laptops but on my laptop it gives me a driver not found, USB has malfunctioned/damaged. I have tried it in all of the different USB ports on the laptop, nothing works.

Any ideas?

mewmew, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Specific Keyboard Keys Malfunctioning

My keyboard keys have recently been malfunctioning. Sometimes, the keys do not register at all, and sometimes, it as to be pressed and held with force to register. Only a few select keys are effected, namely the: right arrow key, \, e, g, h, and 8 and 9 on the numerical keypad.

The keyboard was the factory keyboard included with my Asus X751LD laptop.

This started after I used a Java application. It is very unlikely to be a hardware issue, as the laptop was never moved or subjected to drops. Another possible factor is I have used Autosofted Keyboard Presser.

The keys function, although with lag, after startup, but stop working within a few seconds.

I have tried the following to no avail:

• Restarting
    • Restarting in Safe Mode
    • Updating keyboard drivers in Device Manager
    • Updating Java

These sites did not help:

Does anyone know how to fix this?

(Was a pain typing this, makes me understand just how much I use the e key)

Edit:

I tested the keyboard with a Linux live CD. First time I booted, the keys will not registrar in a notepad app unless I repetitively press them around 20 times. I rebooted into Linux again, this time the keyboard worked OK, but missed keystrokes occasionally. In both situations it was the same keys as described above that were malfunctioning.

After rebooting into Windows, the keyboard functioned like the 2nd situation above (occasional missed strokes) for around 5min. Then no amount of pressing on the malfunctioning keys could make it register.

George Tian, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Headset Sound Distortion, Keyboard Malfunctions, Other Malfunctions

keyboard malfunction

hi. I have a problem with my laptop. all of the keys in the keyboard are malfunctioning. its so sudden. I used this a week ago, and everything seemed fine. but now i'm only using on-screen keyboard. pls help.

jannethdegracia, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Headset Sound Distortion, Keyboard Malfunctions, Other Malfunctions

1. Headset Sound Distortion, Keyboard Malfunctions, Other Malfunctions - Similar Threads - Headset Sound Distortion

2. Malfunction sound and other icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malfunction sound and other icons: Speaker icon and other icon in system tray does absolutely nothing. Any advice is helpful. Please help. I tried to restart and shutdown with no success. I run update on the PC but it is up to date....
  3. Malfunction sound and other icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malfunction sound and other icons: Speaker icon and other icon in system tray does absolutely nothing. Any advice is helpful. Please help. I tried to restart and shutdown with no success. I run update on the PC but it is up to date....
  4. Malfunction sound and other icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard malfunction: I bought a Lenovo v14-ikb type-81ya windows 10 home os , it's been not over a year that the keyboard started to malfunction , I have updated all the drivers yet in vain some keys like n,h,m,y,u6,7 doesn't work at once but when tapped multiple times it registers the keys and...
  6. keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard malfunction: I bought a Lenovo v14-ikb type-81ya windows 10 home os , it's been not over a year that the keyboard started to malfunction , I have updated all the drivers yet in vain some keys like n,h,m,y,u6,7 doesn't work at once but when tapped multiple times it registers the keys and...
  7. Keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard malfunction: When pressing the windows key the computer suddenly shutdown, onscreen keyboard works, how can I the keyboard to its original function?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-malfunction/625080ec-1b8e-4f45-b753-ceac079b631e
  8. Keyboard Malfunction

Keyboard Malfunction: So I have two keyboards, Razer Ornata and a HyperX alloy, both keyboards will randomly open shortcuts and stop typing. they do it randomly and whenever. I have to restart my PC every time this happens to fix it, anyone got any idea why this is happening. I've changed USB...
  9. Keyboard malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard malfunctioning: some keys are not working, but the troubleshooter says normal. tried auto driver update for keyboard, but says driver is already updated to latest one. I have tried connecting external keyboard but those same keys weren't working; so the problem lies inside! now typing on...
  10. Keyboard malfunction

Keyboard malfunction: my keyboard is malfunctioning. Every time I type "a" or "s" both appear as "sa". Im currently using auto correct to type this message. Any advice on what can be done to resolve this problem? Example; I need to hesad to the gsasa satsation to refuel my csar...