Windows 10: headset starts to smoke after using from 1 to 5 months

Discus and support headset starts to smoke after using from 1 to 5 months in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 H800 logitech headsets and have to interchange them because after 1-5 months of use the headset starts to heat up and smoke. Since this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pstern0349, Apr 4, 2020.

1. headset starts to smoke after using from 1 to 5 months

I have 2 H800 logitech headsets and have to interchange them because after 1-5 months of use the headset starts to heat up and smoke. Since this happens with each one, I have to assume this is a factory or manufacturing issue, but I haven't seen anyone complaining of this problem. Otherwise, the H800 headset is great to use. I really love the headset, but am concerned about this smoking issue. Is there anyone with the same issue and if so, how do we fix it? Do I sent the headsets back to Logitech for repair? Please advise. Thanks!

:)

pstern0349, Apr 4, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue headset starts to smoke after using from 1 to 5 months :p

cadaveca, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Update Windows 10 after 5 months in storage?

Hi Nitram,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about installing the latest updates on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which were the updates you found to be installed on youe device?
    • Did you check if those update are already installed under View installed updates?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "My PC has been in storage for 5 months"?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if those updates are already installed:

Follow:

• Right click on the Start button and select Programs and Features.
    • Click on View installed updates.

Step 2: Disable anti-virus software.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software.

Step 3: I suggest you to
    run Windows Update troubleshooter

Windows Update troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 4, 2020
  4. headset starts to smoke after using from 1 to 5 months

Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

headset starts to smoke after using from 1 to 5 months

1. headset starts to smoke after using from 1 to 5 months - Similar Threads - headset starts smoke

2. Audio Problems for 1 month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Problems for 1 month: HI,I have some audio issues with my HP Laptop. These problems come only when i use realtek drivers. when i use normal high defintion audio a dont have these prblems. The problems is that when i plug my headphones bass i lacking like there is a high pass filter applied to the...
  3. Audio Problems for 1 month

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Problems for 1 month: HI,I have some audio issues with my HP Laptop. These problems come only when i use realtek drivers. when i use normal high defintion audio a dont have these prblems. The problems is that when i plug my headphones bass i lacking like there is a high pass filter applied to the...
  4. How is it right to ask for PIN all of a sudden after using fingerprint for past 5 months to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is it right to ask for PIN all of a sudden after using fingerprint for past 5 months to...: Hi Microsoft support team,I have been using your products for more than 90% of my life that I lived till now. Never have I ever encountered an issue. I have purchased a Dell Inspiron Laptop in November 2021, set up the windows with PIN, password and fingerprint. It has been...
  5. How is it right to ask for PIN all of a sudden after using fingerprint for past 5 months to...

How is it right to ask for PIN all of a sudden after using fingerprint for past 5 months to...: Hi Microsoft support team,I have been using your products for more than 90% of my life that I lived till now. Never have I ever encountered an issue. I have purchased a Dell Inspiron Laptop in November 2021, set up the windows with PIN, password and fingerprint. It has been...
  6. add 1 month to date

add 1 month to date: ok guys, another learning experience....I want to add 1 month to a duedate and update. How to include: (SET duedate = DATE_ADD(duedate, INTERVAL 1 month ) into this: $sql = "UPDATE payfile SET amtpaid=?, duedate=?, prevbal=?, latechg=?, secdep=?, damage=?, courtcost=?,...
  7. activation of FSX after 1 month

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation of FSX after 1 month: I have activated FSX last month and got the yes reply but now it says my free moth is up but wont tell me how to activate it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-fsx-after-1-month/d2927540-b252-4199-ba03-cfea44f21363
  8. NVMe Drives completely disappeared after working for 5 months

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NVMe Drives completely disappeared after working for 5 months: I have 2 Sabrent Rocket NVMe drives that have been working completely fine. The other night I hit "Update and Shut Down" and went to bed. When I woke up the next morning and powered on my PC, the NVMe drives no longer showed in windows.Both drives still appear in the...
  9. 5 different types of BSOD in 1 month of having new PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    5 different types of BSOD in 1 month of having new PC: In a span of 1 month: Stop Code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE Stop Code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA on chrome Stop Code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Stop Code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation Stop Code: Driver_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER Stop Code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED What failed:...
  10. 24 BSODs in 1 month

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    24 BSODs in 1 month: Lots of BSODs and I'm tearing my hair out. Please help! If someone can look through and give me some clues, that would be great. 1. I've tested memory with memtest so far 2. HDD with chkdsk / HDD tune etc 3. Checked internal cabling, everything is tightly connected 4....