Windows 10: Headset struggling to stay recognised

Discus and support Headset struggling to stay recognised in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been struggling with using my headset with my PC. It's connected via a Y-adapter cable (female 4-pole 3.5mm to dual male 3-pole for PC)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Niamh McCaffrey, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Headset struggling to stay recognised

Hi all,

I've been struggling with using my headset with my PC. It's connected via a Y-adapter cable (female 4-pole 3.5mm to dual male 3-pole for PC) so that I can use my mic as well for gaming. It was working fine last night but today it keeps flicking in and out of being recognised. In the sound settings it will continuously flick back and forth between default system sound then to headphones and back again. The mic is doing the same but between no input detected and then being recognised for 0.0001 seconds.

The headset I'm using is the Corsair HS50 Stereo Headset.

Thanks in advance Headset struggling to stay recognised :)

- Niamh

:)

Niamh McCaffrey, Nov 14, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset struggling to stay recognised :p

cadaveca, Nov 15, 2019
  3. _Madcat_ Win User
    Razer Tiamat 7.1 V1 headset not recognised after creator's update

After my Win10 updated with the Creator's Update today, my Razer Tiamat v1 headset (including mic) is not being recognised. I have tried:

• a device discovery in control panel (didn't find it)
    • show disconnected devices in sound mixer (not there)
    • installed Razer Surround (no change)
    • tried different USB ports (no difference)

The lights on the headset are on, so power is getting to them via the USB, just they're not being recognised

I had the same issue with the preview version of the Creator's update last year and had to roll it back to get the headset working.

Is anyone else having this issue ? I don't really want to go out and have to buy a new headset...

_Madcat_, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Cybie1111 Win User

Headset struggling to stay recognised

Need a New Headset and Speakers.

It seems that I would stay with logitech for headsets but I would like some suggestions for a 2.1 speaker setup.

Cybie1111, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Headset struggling to stay recognised

1. Headset struggling to stay recognised - Similar Threads - Headset struggling stay

2. USB headset suddenly not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB headset suddenly not recognised: I'm running windows 10 on an Acer predator PC from a good few years back now. I got a new Logitech headset with a wireless USB dongle to plug in. Have been using this for a while now. Suddenly last night it stopped working and I got a notification that the USB device is not...
  3. USB headset suddenly not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB headset suddenly not recognised: I'm running windows 10 on an Acer predator PC from a good few years back now. I got a new Logitech headset with a wireless USB dongle to plug in. Have been using this for a while now. Suddenly last night it stopped working and I got a notification that the USB device is not...
  4. Not recognising my headset anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not recognising my headset anywhere: Alright so, recently I realised that whenever I plug headset, no new option comes up. For some reason I only have realtek array and external microphone. I tried with multiple headset, but I cant find them on device manager or anywhere just the ones I said. Any ideas why and...
  5. Not recognising my headset anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not recognising my headset anywhere: Alright so, recently I realised that whenever I plug headset, no new option comes up. For some reason I only have realtek array and external microphone. I tried with multiple headset, but I cant find them on device manager or anywhere just the ones I said. Any ideas why and...
  6. Not recognising my headset anywhere

7. headset being recognised as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset being recognised as headphones: i cant seem to get my headset and mic to connect as headset but instead it connects as headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-being-recognised-as-headphones/1162f263-5661-40a5-8178-f13ebcc55f37
  8. headset being recognised as headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset being recognised as headphones: i cant seem to get my headset and mic to connect as headset but instead it connects as headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-being-recognised-as-headphones/1162f263-5661-40a5-8178-f13ebcc55f37
  9. Bluetooth Headset Recognised as Headphone

Bluetooth Headset Recognised as Headphone: I try to connect to a new headset for the first time. There are 2 separate bluetooth drivers were installed when the device is connected, for headphone no microphone and for headset with microphone. The device is only recognised as headphone so the microphone is not...
  10. Headset not recognised in windows 10

Headset not recognised in windows 10: Hi, i recently got a pair of cooler master mh751 headphones. Audio is just fine, however the mic is not working. Under sounds (in both playback and recording) the headset nor the microphone for the headset is detected. It only shows realtek audio and nothing else (even when...