Windows 10: Headset struggling to stay recognised

Discus and support Headset struggling to stay recognised in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been struggling with using my headset with my PC. It's connected via a Y-adapter cable (female 4-pole 3.5mm to dual male 3-pole for PC)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Niamh McCaffrey, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Headset struggling to stay recognised

Hi all,

I've been struggling with using my headset with my PC. It's connected via a Y-adapter cable (female 4-pole 3.5mm to dual male 3-pole for PC) so that I can use my mic as well for gaming. It was working fine last night but today it keeps flicking in and out of being recognised. In the sound settings it will continuously flick back and forth between default system sound then to headphones and back again. The mic is doing the same but between no input detected and then being recognised for 0.0001 seconds.

The headset I'm using is the Corsair HS50 Stereo Headset.

Thanks in advance Headset struggling to stay recognised :)

- Niamh

:)

Niamh McCaffrey, Nov 14, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset struggling to stay recognised :p

cadaveca, Nov 15, 2019
  3. _Madcat_ Win User
    Razer Tiamat 7.1 V1 headset not recognised after creator's update

After my Win10 updated with the Creator's Update today, my Razer Tiamat v1 headset (including mic) is not being recognised. I have tried:

• a device discovery in control panel (didn't find it)
    • show disconnected devices in sound mixer (not there)
    • installed Razer Surround (no change)
    • tried different USB ports (no difference)

The lights on the headset are on, so power is getting to them via the USB, just they're not being recognised

I had the same issue with the preview version of the Creator's update last year and had to roll it back to get the headset working.

Is anyone else having this issue ? I don't really want to go out and have to buy a new headset...

_Madcat_, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Cybie1111 Win User

Headset struggling to stay recognised

Need a New Headset and Speakers.

It seems that I would stay with logitech for headsets but I would like some suggestions for a 2.1 speaker setup.

Cybie1111, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Headset struggling to stay recognised

1. Headset struggling to stay recognised - Similar Threads - Headset struggling stay

2. windows 10 recognising headset as speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 recognising headset as speakers: hi. so i have an acer aspire es 15 laptop and sony headphones with a mic(im not sure what the model is). the problem is that because windows recognises my headphones as speakers, it ignores the mic on them and so i cant use it with my laptop. please help!...
  3. Struggling to access my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Struggling to access my pc: My business computer (modern, high spec lenovo that is using windows 10 pro) attempted to update overnight. When I switch on the computer I received simply my desktop background with no text and no response. Tried usual CMD +CTRL +DEL etc but nothing came back. So I hard...
  4. Headset not recognised in windows 10

Headset not recognised in windows 10: Hi, i recently got a pair of cooler master mh751 headphones. Audio is just fine, however the mic is not working. Under sounds (in both playback and recording) the headset nor the microphone for the headset is detected. It only shows realtek audio and nothing else (even when...
  5. Slow performance, constant struggles

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Slow performance, constant struggles: Hello I've seen people post results from running a performance test. Could someone please tell me how I run that test and possibly help me identify the origin of this problem (if any - assuming there HAS to be). I have very little on my computer and only use it to visit a...
  6. Slow performance, constant struggles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow performance, constant struggles: Hello I've seen people post results from running a performance test. Could someone please tell me how I run that test and possibly help me identify the origin of this problem (if any - assuming there HAS to be). I have very little on my computer and only use it to visit a...
  7. My Laptop does not recognise the headset microphone

My Laptop does not recognise the headset microphone: Like most people im running windows 10 and i was wondering 2 days ago why my laptop stopped recognising my headset as having a microphone but it still plays audio through it, the headset works fine on other devices and has done on this device for a long time, is there any way...
  8. Windows 10 Struggles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Struggles: I am looking to see if anyone else out here has to go through the same amount of hoops as I do, every time Windows 10 forces an update? Without fail, every update has caused me significant issue. The worst being an update freeze on the first day of my vacation this past...
  9. USB Headsets not recognised only on one PC

USB Headsets not recognised only on one PC: Hello all, I come to you in a moment of despair, where researching hasn't led me to any conclusion or solution to my issue. I've got a freshly built PC with the following: Ryzen 1700 16 GB RAM GTX 1070 B350 PC MATE MSI MS-7A34. BIOS-ul updatat la zi. Windows 10...
  10. Struggling to print CD/DVD

Struggling to print CD/DVD: I like my Epson Stylus photo R300, has always done a good job of printing my CD/DVDs, but alas since upgrading to Win10 64 bit, (Win 10 works automatically for standard printing) but not for printing CD/DVD it gives me the nag that the driver dealing with CD printing is not...