Windows 10: Headset unable to use Microphone & Problems with bluetooth

Discus and support Headset unable to use Microphone & Problems with bluetooth in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I've recently purchased a relatively expensive Headset from Sony Model: WH-1000XM3 and have had troubles with it from the start.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LouisTan4, Dec 7, 2020.

1. LouisTan4 Win User

Headset unable to use Microphone & Problems with bluetooth

Hello everyone.

I've recently purchased a relatively expensive Headset from Sony Model: WH-1000XM3 and have had troubles with it from the start.

There are two separate issues which I will try me level best to describe it. I'm on Windows 10.

Issue No. 1
    The headset only has 1 audio jack and whereas my PC has 2 separate audio jacks Mic and Speaker. Initially I tried plugging in just 1 audio jack directly into the speaker ports and tried utilizing both speaker & microphone but obviously failed as the mic did not work.

I then bought the audio splitter and plugged it into both mic and speaker, and similarly, I could only hear stereo audio but when I tested the microphone, it did not work.

Issue No. 2

The headset is compatible with bluetooth and I bought a bluetooth dongle Totolink in order benefit from it being wireless.

The good thing using BT is that both microphone and speakers concurrently just fine.

The issue is however, the audio is not stereo and only hear mono sounds. I tested it using the below youtube video, and the sound comes out from both sides equally.

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TWJaFD6R2s&ab_channel=Dolby"

Things I've attempted to resolve this issue to no avail.
    1 In sound settings, I changed the Playback from Headset to Headphones and started hearing Stereo sound! However for some reason, the microphone then stopped working.

2 I also tried setting headphones as default device and headset to be default communication device. That didn't work too.

3 Tried to update drivers but already using latest

4 Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Roll-back not an option as it started off like that.

I hope somebody can help me out as I don't want to spend money on another headset!.

Thank you.

:)

LouisTan4, Dec 7, 2020
  2. KerooSeta Win User

Bluetooth Headset Microphones Don't work with Windows 10

I cannot get any bluetooth headset microphone to work with Windows 10. I have tried three different bluetooth headsets, most recently a Corsair Gaming H2100. I have no problem getting the audio output to work just fine with any of them, but I cannot get
    it to recognize the microphone. I have followed all of the obvious steps:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the drivers
    • Restart my computer
    • Disable other microphones
    • Set the headset as the default recording device
    • Check the levels and set to 100
    • Remove the device with the device manager and reinstall
    • Unplug and plug back in my bluetooth antenna
    • Make sure that Windows is totally updated
    None of these steps has made any difference. I am able to get wired microphones to work, but this isn't ideal with my current set-up, as I sit about 10 feet away from my computer and use my 55" television as my monitor. So, I have a really nice webcam that
    I use as a microphone. It is fine, but I would really like to be able to use a bluetooth headset sometimes and not have to talk loudly to a microphone across the room.

Happy to have any help. Thanks.

KerooSeta, Dec 7, 2020
  3. bluetooth headset?

Hello,

Can you sugegst me which bluetooth headset i shd buy for any mobile? (at present i'm using nokia 5800)

jabra,plantronics,nokia,samsung,bluedio,other??

Code: http://shop.ebay.in/Bluetooth-Headsets-/119502/i.html[/quote] Plz check above eBay India listing and tell some good options within 1000/- INR.

thx..

freebird_9924, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Headset unable to use Microphone & Problems with bluetooth

External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

Headset unable to use Microphone & Problems with bluetooth

1. Headset unable to use Microphone & Problems with bluetooth - Similar Threads - Headset unable Microphone

2. Problem while using bluetooth headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem while using bluetooth headset.: I was using my JBL 760NC Bluetooth Headset and I was not able to hear any other thing than the chat application which I was using. I was watching a youtube video and I connected to discord voice channel but the moment I connected to discord the chrome sound went mute I tried...
  3. Problem while using bluetooth headset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem while using bluetooth headset.: I was using my JBL 760NC Bluetooth Headset and I was not able to hear any other thing than the chat application which I was using. I was watching a youtube video and I connected to discord voice channel but the moment I connected to discord the chrome sound went mute I tried...
  4. Problem while using bluetooth headset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. headset microphone problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset microphone problem: i am having issues with my headset mic. i can hear everything fine but cannot get anything from my mic. i talked to a customer support rep. and she had my rollback my driver on my realtech high def headphone in sounds. after restarting my pc my mic worked just fine, but then...
  6. headset microphone problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset microphone problem: i am having issues with my headset mic. i can hear everything fine but cannot get anything from my mic. i talked to a customer support rep. and she had my rollback my driver on my realtech high def headphone in sounds. after restarting my pc my mic worked just fine, but then...
  7. Using the microphone of my bluetooth headset crashes bluetooth

Using the microphone of my bluetooth headset crashes bluetooth: Hi,I just bought a bluetooth headset Edifier W820NB and everytime I use the microphone without the cable connected via bluetooth the bluetooth crashes. By "crash" I mean the option to turn bluetooth on and off stop existing, both in the settings menu and in the action center,...
  8. Problems with the headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with the headset microphone.: [ATTACH] (Warning, long post ahead) Hello everyone. I hope you are having a good day. I have been having some serious issues with my headset mic on windows 10. To be clear, it works completely fine on my Xbox one. The headset is an Astro a10, which is supposed to work on...
  9. Headset microphone not used as the default microphone Reoccuring Problem

Headset microphone not used as the default microphone Reoccuring Problem: my headset microphone,specifically a logitech G431,was running fine till one day,it suddenly switched to my default laptop mic.At the time I had no clue what was going on,as I couldnt remember what i did wrong.Time passes and eventually I did something and it was fixed,and...
  10. Unable to use Bluetooth headset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to use Bluetooth headset: Hey , I am unable to use bluetooth headset and wireless mouse simultaneously . The headset starts producing unclear and broken sound , but when i turns off the mose , itthe headset starts functioning properly ....