Windows 10: Headset WH-1000XM3 microphone does not connect

Discus and support Headset WH-1000XM3 microphone does not connect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi ExpertsI have connected via Bluetooth my headset WH-1000XM3 to the laptop win10.I can use as outpur device but no as inputWhen I check the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by giammariapace1, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Headset WH-1000XM3 microphone does not connect

Hi ExpertsI have connected via Bluetooth my headset WH-1000XM3 to the laptop win10.I can use as outpur device but no as inputWhen I check the sound control panel I see in recording TaB the device listed ,clicking with the right button I see 2 option 1connect 2disable.I can enable/disable but cannot connect and that's why I believe I canno use the mic.Any hint please?Drivers seems ok and Mic is working on any other connected device type :mostly mobiles.Cheers,Giamma

:)

giammariapace1, Aug 26, 2021

2. Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver)

I recently ran a Windows 10 Pro update on my laptop. Since then my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones don't seem to work correctly.

It seems that before the update I used to have at least 2 audio-devices for the headphones: a stereo device for high quality audio and a "handsfree headset device". After the update they were replaced with the "WH-1000XM3 Hands-Free AG Audio" device:

Headset WH-1000XM3 microphone does not connect 17fecdda-6439-4f84-9124-e5b885932eb8?upload=true.jpg

This device acts as a headset not as a stereo-heaphone set: it only gives mono and low definition sound. So it makes my headphones completely unusable for listening to music.

What I already did:

- removing and reconnecting the device.

- looking for Sony Driver on the web: nothing is to be found.

Can anybody give advice on how to fix this problem?

Peter-Aerts, Aug 26, 2021
  3. Treetop68 Win User
    5230 and headset WH-701 (function of control buttons)

OK, first of all some information on the case's history (the mobile is from Germany, provided by Deutsche Telekom):

• The mobile came without cd and with a short manual only which says "Some headsets consist of of two parts - a remote control unit and headphones. A remote control unit has a mike, buttons for starting or ending a call, volume control and playing music or
      video. To use a remote first connect it with the Nokia AV-jack, then connect your headset with the remote control" (Translation from German manual) - Hm, seems like the controls of the WH-701 should work...

• Step two: Downloading the full manual from the Nokia website - strange, the part on remote controls is missing but no list of accessories as well - OK, don't panic, look for reference.

Headset WH-701 is listed, look for details: http://www.nokia.de/produkte/zubeho...headsets/headsets/nokia-stereo-headset-wh-701

A little star with a small text: "Some buttons can not be used with all mobiles. An overview of all compatible Nokia mobiles you can get here:

http://www.nokia.de/produkte/zubehoer/zubehoer-uebersicht/headsets/headsets/nokia-stereo-headset-wh-701/kompatibilitat

• On this list - Tata - once again the 5230 but also (sic!) the little star with "Some buttons can not be used with all mobiles"

• Because the headset is sold in a blister pack a test was not possible - the retailer does not like ripped blisters. And all information he had was - guess what - the clear statement from the website. And the main problem: If it doesn't works - is it a defective
      mobile or just a mobile "with some buttons not working"?
    And after this long runner up especially for chanchan05 showing that the information available is far from clear and I can and do read manuals once again the main question:

Do the media buttons of the WH-701 work with the 5230 or not? Any experiences on that?

Because if the buttons do work I have a warranty case with the mobile - if not I can spare the effort of sending it back.

Treetop68, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Headset WH-1000XM3 microphone does not connect

Features of WH-701 headset

here is some of the specificatons of WH-701 headset

• 1350 mm
    • Cord: 1350 mm
    • Remote: 12.7 x 12.2 x 76 mm
    • For use with devices compatible with 3.5 mm Nokia AV connector*.
    • With included Nokia AV Adapter AD-52 for use with devices supporting 2.5 mm Nokia AV connector.
    you could try this link, so that you can see the specs of the headset:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-produc...ts/nokia-stereo-headset-wh-701/specifications

:smileyhappy:

YunaCorvin, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Headset WH-1000XM3 microphone does not connect

1. Headset WH-1000XM3 microphone does not connect - Similar Threads - Headset 1000XM3 microphone

2. HI, I cannot get sound to connect to wh-1000xm3 with win 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HI, I cannot get sound to connect to wh-1000xm3 with win 11.: Headset pairs fine and can see it as Bluetooth device but not as a sound output device. Tried Sony Bluetooth speakers and works fine. Other wired headset as well....
  3. WH-1000XM5 Connected music but no microphone

WH-1000XM5 Connected music but no microphone: Hello,On Windows 10, my wireless bluetooth headset only connects as a music device, and not with microphone says "Connected music" in the bluetooth menu.If I go into sound settings there is a microphone/headset device available "WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free AG Audio", but instead...
  4. WH-1000XM5 Connected music but no microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WH-1000XM5 Connected music but no microphone: Hello,On Windows 10, my wireless bluetooth headset only connects as a music device, and not with microphone says "Connected music" in the bluetooth menu.If I go into sound settings there is a microphone/headset device available "WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free AG Audio", but instead...
  5. Unable to connect WH-1000XM3 headset to Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect WH-1000XM3 headset to Windows 10 PC.: I have spent way too many hours now trying to reconnect my bluetooth headset to my stationary PC. I need help.I've reached the conclusion so far, that the issue might be with the microsoft bluetooth drivers.The issue: After recently disconnecting my bluetooth headset from my...
  6. Unable to connect WH-1000XM3 headset to Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect WH-1000XM3 headset to Windows 10 PC.: I have spent way too many hours now trying to reconnect my bluetooth headset to my stationary PC. I need help.I've reached the conclusion so far, that the issue might be with the microsoft bluetooth drivers.The issue: After recently disconnecting my bluetooth headset from my...
  7. Unable to connect WH-1000XM3 headset to Windows 10 PC.

8. Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic: I am trying to use my XM3's wired as a mic, I have a splitter so it can use both input and output, mic works fine on mobile. Solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-sony-wh-1000xm3-as-mic/839f9d0b-9c21-4586-81da-a2317f5b7773
  9. Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic: I am trying to use my XM3's wired as a mic, I have a splitter so it can use both input and output, mic works fine on mobile. Solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-sony-wh-1000xm3-as-mic/839f9d0b-9c21-4586-81da-a2317f5b7773
  10. Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic