Windows 10: headset with microphone

Discus and support headset with microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to set up a headset with microphone to my new pc, having issues, shows paired, but microphone is not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dale M Tyroler, Mar 26, 2020.

1. headset with microphone

I am trying to set up a headset with microphone to my new pc, having issues, shows paired, but microphone is not working

:)

Dale M Tyroler, Mar 26, 2020

2. My headset microphone outputs static/very muffled sound

Hi Tom,

In order to help you resolve issues with the microphone on headset, we suggest the you run the built in troubleshooter in you PC. Here are the steps:

• In the Search Box, type Troubleshoot and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and select Recording Audio, and press Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

headset with microphone [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Mar 26, 2020
  4. headset with microphone

Headsets microphone not working

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to ask some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• Were you able to use the microphone of your headset before on your computer?
    • If yes, can you try if the microphone of the headset would work on a different computer?
    • Does the port for the jack on your computer is capable of supporting microphone?

We look forward to your

Jarius Tol, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

headset with microphone

1. headset with microphone - Similar Threads - headset microphone

2. Headset with compatible microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset with compatible microphone: I cannot find a headset with a microphone that works with Windows 10. All of the headsets I have will allow me to hear, none of them will allow me to speak. I am aware of the microphone issue and the need to change things in sound settings. What I cant find is a headset that...
  3. Device driver in Windows 10 Feature Update 1909 breaks USB headset microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device driver in Windows 10 Feature Update 1909 breaks USB headset microphone: Hello all, I have a Lenovo T480 Windows 10 laptop which recently got upgraded from version 1809 to 1909 build 18363.720:. I had a Sennheiser PC 7 USB headset: https://www.eposaudio.com/en/de/gaming/products/pc-7-usb-voice-over-ip-headset-504196 The headset used to work...
  4. My headset microphone is extremely quiet only on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My headset microphone is extremely quiet only on Windows 10: I have a Logitech G231 Prodigy headset and while the headphones work properly, the microphone does not Other people can't hear me, and if i record myself talking normally (either with Audacity or the Windows default voice recorder) i can only BARELY hear anything if i put...
  5. Laptop detect Microphone as "Headset"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop detect Microphone as "Headset": So i'm using Windows 10 1909, My Laptop is HP Laptop 15s-eq0xxx, have only one jack. I have a Condenser microphone which i can use with XLR to 3.5mm Jack. My old laptop has no problem with it, when i plug the jack its ask What is this device is and automatically i can use as...
  6. Multiple Headset Microphones Will Not Function on Multiple Windows 10 Machines

Multiple Headset Microphones Will Not Function on Multiple Windows 10 Machines: Having an issue with my microphones on multiple headsets in Windows 10. I have tested the headphones on a four Windows 10 computers and they work on only one the one which has not been updated for quite some time, so wondering if it was a recent update Strangely enough, the...
  7. Microphone with Razer headset doesn't work with laptop?

Microphone with Razer headset doesn't work with laptop?: Recently bought a new headset and was trying to use them for gaming and no one could hear me and i tried doing everything in my knowledge to try and fix them " going through settings" and genuinely couldn't find anything to get them to work how can i get my headset's mic to...
  8. CPP-4626 Bluetooth headset - microphone not working in windows 10

CPP-4626 Bluetooth headset - microphone not working in windows 10: HI, I have an issue that seems to have come up time and time again from looking on other sites and boards. Windows 10 will connect only to my bluetooth headset as earphones only and disconnects the microphone which I can't seem to make connect again. I've tried many things...
  9. Bluetooth Headset Audio Working But Microphone Not Detected

Bluetooth Headset Audio Working But Microphone Not Detected: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Headset mic is working fine on my phone but on Windows the mic is not being detected. I've tried this with a different headset and same result as well so it is completely an issue with Windows. I have installed the latest drivers, removed and re-paired the...
  10. Headset's Microphone isn't recognized

Headset's Microphone isn't recognized: Good Afternoon, I recently bought a Headset that my PC doesn't totally recognize - it appears connected, but only as audio output and not as audio input. I've tried to troubleshoot my problem, but Microsoft's solutions as well the solutions given by the company that...