Windows 10: Headset with no sound during calls

Discus and support Headset with no sound during calls in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using the Sony WH-1000xm4 headphones, I run Win10 20H2 build 19042.630 last updated on a Razer Blade 15 2020. On a normal use there is NO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steoeo, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Steoeo Win User

Headset with no sound during calls

Hi,
    I'm using the Sony WH-1000xm4 headphones, I run Win10 20H2 build 19042.630 last updated on a Razer Blade 15 2020.

On a normal use there is NO PROBLEM at all, the sounds are great, I can hear everything and if I go to playback devices on sound settings I can see the "test" bar on the side working.

The problem starts when I am on a call I'm using Discord but I have the same problem with skype, zoom or any other call program. People can hear me but I cant hear any sound at all.

Those are my settings I ticked the same boxes in both the Hands-free version and the normal one in both recording and playback

Headset with no sound during calls 58c8717f-d6b3-43c7-b02d-7cd97053cb42?upload=true.png

Headset with no sound during calls 1d139e63-54a6-4213-b27d-2a69e74ab257?upload=true.png

Headset with no sound during calls 2721a3a8-28f5-4f77-8c4a-4c65519e2e6e?upload=true.png

Headset with no sound during calls e4072e25-e187-4a00-be2f-f85a5246ec45?upload=true.png

If I use the Hands-Free Handset version from the playback devices, the sound is all muffled.
    Now, I tried upgrading/deleting/forgetting/reconnecting device and drivers, I run the troubleshooter no problem found, I tried to change settings on the call program. Nothing worked.
    I read about a solution where I had to Disconnect the Headset device WH-1000XM4 Hands-Free AG Audio from playback, I tried it and solved the problem, I could hear both the call and other sounds BUT doing that disconnected the microphone from the headphones.
    Help me out guys, I'm going crazy.

:)

Steoeo, Dec 2, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset with no sound during calls :p

cadaveca, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue Headset with no sound during calls :p

Solaris17, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Headset with no sound during calls

Headset not playing sounds after mute and unmute

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Did you connect your headset to any other device and check if the issue re-occurs?
    I suggest you to set your headset as default and check.To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Type sound in the search bar.

• Right click on
      headset/microphone
      , click on default.
    If issue persists,

As you said with other headset it is working fine,so,the issue might occur with your headset only.

In that case, I recommend you to contact the headset support.

You can also refer this article

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Headset with no sound during calls

1. Headset with no sound during calls - Similar Threads - Headset sound during

2. My sound cuts in and out during voice calls.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound cuts in and out during voice calls.: I'm having a very frustrating problem. When it comes to voice calls on for example Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Vonage, the speaker and microphone will sometimes cut out randomly for several seconds. This issue does not affect sound overall so I don't know I have the problem...
  3. My sound cuts in and out during voice calls.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My sound cuts in and out during voice calls.: I'm having a very frustrating problem. When it comes to voice calls on for example Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Vonage, the speaker and microphone will sometimes cut out randomly for several seconds. This issue does not affect sound overall so I don't know I have the problem...
  4. My sound cuts in and out during voice calls.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. JBL Wireless headphones sounding terrible during calls

JBL Wireless headphones sounding terrible during calls: I recently bought a pair of JBL TUNE 600 BTNC, and I've been using them a lot for gaming and music. However, they have many problems when I use them during calls. Firstly, when i connect them wirelessly, over bluetooth to my laptop, the Sound Settings shows me two different...
  6. Video during calls

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video during calls: Why can't I see the video from my working camera in my Skype Profile. Consequently, no one can ever see me in a Skype call. I'm running Window 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-during-calls/4de28abd-7e91-4e1e-ac40-38ac826b7f04
  7. USB headset microphone cuts out during calls

USB headset microphone cuts out during calls: I have a USB headset that works fine. I have bought multiple headsets and the issue persists. For my work, I handle confidential information so all calls i answer in business software is also being recorded on my computer through Zoom recordings. During the calls my headset...
  8. Sound randomly stops playing during a call

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound randomly stops playing during a call: So, when i'm on a call on discord, Google meet or using the voice chat in game, the sound will stop playing completely from my headset, I already tried changing some settings but nothing worked, the only workaround that I have is to change the default playback device to my...
  9. Bluetooth Headset Switching to Headphone mode during a call.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Headset Switching to Headphone mode during a call.: I'm using some bluetooth headphones with my Windows 10 machine. They create two separate playback devices in the Sound list, Headphones and Headset. Headphones is Stereo audio and set to Default device. Headset includes microphone recording audio as well and is set to default...
  10. No headsets sound

No headsets sound: Hi, Since I upgraded to Windows 10x64 anniversary edition on my HP Probook G2 laptop, I don't have anymore sound on headsets. After installing and uninstalling several drivers I got my sound back, but for some reason it doesn't work anymore. What I tried: -...