Windows 10: Headset Won't Pick Up Game Audio and Discord Audio/Mic

Discus and support Headset Won't Pick Up Game Audio and Discord Audio/Mic in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently got a new laptop and it works great except for the fact that I can't get my Beats Studio 3 to pick up audio from both a discord call and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ethan O, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Ethan O Win User

Headset Won't Pick Up Game Audio and Discord Audio/Mic

I recently got a new laptop and it works great except for the fact that I can't get my Beats Studio 3 to pick up audio from both a discord call and whatever game I'm playing same goes for if I try to watch a video or play a song, I can only hear discord audio and not the music/video. I've messed with the settings and got it to work before, but doing the same thing again doesn't work and it resets each time I reconnect the device. Nothing is muted and all the volumes are turned up basically to max, so I would be able to hear it even if it was quiet.

:)

Ethan O, Apr 21, 2020

2. windows 10 game bar not recording discord audio

it is all games and I have made sure the mic is on but that doesn't help. all that does is pick up my voice mot my friends. I am using discord and it is not picking up any audio from discord. it does not matter the game or anything the problem is not recording
    audio from discord.

CharlieHarken, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Zoladex Win User
    Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Hi
    Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input.

I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall windows and now when i select headset it just mutes my laptop mic and audio manager just shows the one mic, but two audio outputs.

It was working before the reset and i have tested the headset on another computer and it is working find.
    So far i tried device manage audio driver install, for both Realtek driver and High Definition driver but either resolve the issue.

Any suggestions why windows would pick up one and not the other?

I currently have it set to headphone plugged in so that i can use my laptop mic, but ive been told i sound really bad *Sad

Cheers,
    Zola

Zoladex, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Dragondog Win User

G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

I have no problem with the audio, only with the mic.

I don't have another headset to check with.

I am having this issue in all games and applications.

Dragondog, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Headset Won't Pick Up Game Audio and Discord Audio/Mic - Similar Threads - Headset Won't Pick

2. Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.: I've had this problem for a long while now where my mic will not pick up my voice or any form of noise, I've recently gotten a new USB Headset and found the issue persisting along with a new addition of my mic picking up any output audio playing from my pc. I've tried many...
  3. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  4. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  5. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Desktop audio picked up in discord

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop audio picked up in discord: Basicaly i have bought a new pc and i've figure out that in some way or another my destop audio ( google, games,apps like spotify,.. ) is getting picked up. My friends on discord can basicaly hear everything i do. I have checked that it is not my headset wich picks it up...
  7. Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio: I bought the CM MH751 headset and plugged it in as normal using the cable splitter so that the headset and mic are in their correct jacks. The audio to the headset is working correct and the mic is detected but it will not take audio input. I have done troubleshooting for...
  8. Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio

Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio: Hi, I am using a headset with microphone and when playing any games online friends have informed me that they can hear my game audio and themselves talking from my microphone. I have also tested to play music and mute the mic, via the physical switch on the headset, and...
  9. Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone

Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone: Hello! My issue at the moment is on my old PC, I had a B&O Play control center with my realtek HDA card, which had an option for acoustic echo cancellation. Normally this should be found in the enhancement tab, correct? The problem is, on my new PC I have Realtek HDA(SST) and...
  10. Mic picking up audio output from headset.

Mic picking up audio output from headset.: Hello, So i recently got a new laptop, and when I went in a call with my friends, they told me they could hear every sound from my PC, for the past 3 hours I've been trying to look for solutions, but none of them are helpful, please help me. Ps, my laptop has IDT sound stuff....