Windows 10: Headset won't work for Mic and Headphones at same time.

Discus and support Headset won't work for Mic and Headphones at same time. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Latitude E7270 with windows 10, and frequently use it for video conferencing. No matter which program I am on, and regardless of whether... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DevenEnds, Jan 18, 2021.

1. DevenEnds Win User

Headset won't work for Mic and Headphones at same time.

I have a Dell Latitude E7270 with windows 10, and frequently use it for video conferencing. No matter which program I am on, and regardless of whether my headset is my Bluetooth one or my USB wired one, any time I try to use the headset microphone, the headphones won't play back sound. If I fix it so that I can hear, then I can't use the headset microphone. I can have one or the other, but not both. This has happened with 4 different devices, so it would seem that this is a laptop problem, I'm just not sure if it's the laptop's hardware or a software issue.

:)

DevenEnds, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Helmut Win User

Headset mic

Depends on the specs of your hardware, you have not given enough detail.

PCs are normally separate Headphone and Mic sockets.
    Laptops a Combo socket (TRRS).

Headsets usually come with adapters to cater for both scenarios.

My headset has a Combo plug (TRRS), and an adapter for separate Headphones and Mic sockets.

You can plug the Headset Combo plug in to a Headphone only socket, but the Mic won't work. there is no second R contact.

Helmut, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

The speakers are 'plugged in' already as it is a laptop. With no external mic, headphones or external speakers plugged in, the Sound Control Panel lists three things under 'Playback' - HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output' - the Speakers under 'Playback' is set as the default.

Under 'Recording' with no external mic plugged in these are listed - 'Microphone', 'Line In' and 'Stereo Mix' (Disabled) - the microphone (in this case, the internal one) is set to 'Default' under 'Recording' as well.

I don't have my headset here to test an external mic right now, but with normal external headphones plugged in, there is no change to the Sound Control Panel under 'Playback' - the same three listings (HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output') with 'Speakers' set as the Default. If I make a noise, say, play a video, I can see the sound meters move to the sound, but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Darkstrike, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

Thema:

1. Headset won't work for Mic and Headphones at same time. - Similar Threads - Headset won't Mic

2. my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time: I have a new mic so I plugged it into my computer. It turned on and all was good until I tried to speak it was on I could see the LED so i unplugged everything and it worked but once I plugged my headphones back in the headphones didn't work.so how do i get it to work at the...
  3. my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time: I have a new mic so I plugged it into my computer. It turned on and all was good until I tried to speak it was on I could see the LED so i unplugged everything and it worked but once I plugged my headphones back in the headphones didn't work.so how do i get it to work at the...
  4. Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.: Hi All,In my 20 years playing on computers daily, I have never once been this unsure as to what a problem is.I today received my Ducky one 3 mini keyboard in the post. I plugged it in and began to load up discord to talk to my friends. I was unable to get both my headset...
  5. Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.

Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.: Hi All,In my 20 years playing on computers daily, I have never once been this unsure as to what a problem is.I today received my Ducky one 3 mini keyboard in the post. I plugged it in and began to load up discord to talk to my friends. I was unable to get both my headset...
  6. Mic and headphones dont work at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic and headphones dont work at the same time: I have a combined mic and headphones but they don't work properly. they work just fine on my dad's windows 11 computer which has only one circular plug input but it won't work on my windows 10 which has 2 circular inputs. the casing is explosive 1.1D 1 I think, that's what...
  7. Mic and headphones dont work at the same time

Mic and headphones dont work at the same time: I have a combined mic and headphones but they don't work properly. they work just fine on my dad's windows 11 computer which has only one circular plug input but it won't work on my windows 10 which has 2 circular inputs. the casing is explosive 1.1D 1 I think, that's what...
  8. Mic and headphones dont work at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Bluetooth Headphones Audio and Mic not work at same time.

Bluetooth Headphones Audio and Mic not work at same time.: Hi, I have bluetooth headset that works fine with my mobile, mic and audio works at same time. But in windows 10, i can use one at a time. if i use headphone for ausio mics stop and vice versa. if in sound properties i select Playback tab i hear the sound but as soon as...
  10. Mic and headphones won't work at the same time

Mic and headphones won't work at the same time: You see I have a mic which you plug into the audio jack, then I plug my headphones into the mic as it has another audio jack on it. This worked fine on my laptop which had windows 8 on it, but on my new windows 10 computer I can only use one or the other. If I plug them into...