Windows 10: Headset

Discus and support Headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Plugging in my headset does not mute the speaker? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset/94f93133-bfca-4a0e-b6bd-7e4a2c872dde Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mike Russell37, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Headset

Plugging in my headset does not mute the speaker?

:)

Mike Russell37, Feb 12, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset :p

cadaveca, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue Headset :p

Solaris17, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Headset

Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Headset

1. Headset - Similar Threads - Headset

2. Headset Microphone not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Microphone not working.: My headset mic isn't being detected in any voice chat. And my laptop has been using the laptop mic instead which all you hear is a fan buzzing. I tried using the Set Up Microphone by going to Recording and clicking on microphone then configure. I've tried using that but the...
  3. How do/Can i swap headset left/right channel?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do/Can i swap headset left/right channel?: I just bought a new headphone, turns out the headphone has 2 cable, 1 for audio, 1 for mic, but my laptop only has one 3.5mm audio jack (hole), then i use splitter for my headphone, its working well, but the audio channel got swap, so the left sound on the right, and the...
  4. Headset won't play audio.

Headset won't play audio.: Alright, so I recently got a new headset, Turtle Beach Stealth 400, and I wanted to play my games using it (as all people do) but when I booted up any game the audio came out of my laptop and nothing from the headset. So I checked if it was plugged in right, it was, then I...
  5. My Audio won't play on my headset.

My Audio won't play on my headset.: Alright, so I recently got a new headset, Turtle Beach Stealth 400, and I wanted to play my games using it (as all people do) but when I booted up any game the audio came out of my laptop and nothing from the headset. So I checked if it was plugged in right, it was, then I...
  6. USB headset not detected?

USB headset not detected?: Hello, I recently bought an Onikuma K5 headset for my PC (Over Powered PC, windows10 ). Whenever I plug my headset in the USB port it doesn't show up in my devices or in my audio settings. I'll have the headphone and mic jacks plugged into my computer as well, and I can't...
  7. I want to increase my Bass on my headsets, but I don't have the "Enhancements" Tab or even...

I want to increase my Bass on my headsets, but I don't have the "Enhancements" Tab or even...: Please Help me.. I already uninstalled and installed the latest drivers and made almost all the tutorials relevant to this topic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-increase-my-bass-on-my-headsets-but-i/13e7863c-8f70-4fe1-8c7c-90fa0edde8fa
  8. New laptop has some issues with my headset.

New laptop has some issues with my headset.: When I connect my headset, sounds play through it and the mic works fine, but the headset does not show up in playback or recording devices. I'm not sure what could be causing this. How do I fix it? Thanks...
  9. Windows MR headset audio break

Windows MR headset audio break: Hello I am having issues with my windows MR headset and it seems no one else is having this issue and/or can't find a solution. After a little bit of use the headset will randomly boost the volume 4 times louder the the base volume and distorts and add lots of white noise....
  10. Bluetooth headphones connecting and pairing, but Windows defaults them to headset and...

Bluetooth headphones connecting and pairing, but Windows defaults them to headset and...: I am trying to connect a pair of Bose SoundSport Free bluetooth headphones to my Windows 10 computer. When I first pair them, they show up as both headphones and headset, and show as the selected playback device on the Volume Mixer (as headphones). As soon as I attempt to...