Windows 10: Headset

Discus and support Headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Plugging in my headset does not mute the speaker? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset/94f93133-bfca-4a0e-b6bd-7e4a2c872dde Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mike Russell37, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Headset

Plugging in my headset does not mute the speaker?

:)

Mike Russell37, Feb 12, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset :p

cadaveca, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue Headset :p

Solaris17, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Headset

Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Headset

1. Headset - Similar Threads - Headset

2. Corsair Wireless USB headset not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corsair Wireless USB headset not working: Hi my Corsair headset all of a sudden stopped working. I have tried everything from rebooting, reinstalling drivers, editing playback devices, etc. The problem is it shows up in device manager under "Sound, video and game" it does not show up in audio manager in the recording...
  3. Windows does not recognize connected external professional microphone, headset microphone

Windows does not recognize connected external professional microphone, headset microphone: I have an issue with my external microphones. While connecting a microphone with a built in microphone it seems to work but if i try to connect one that has separate audio/mic jacks or just a professional microphone the computer does not recognize my them. Have checked all...
  4. Headset Problems

Headset Problems: I'll keep it brief, so I can explain it to you what's happening. My headset is a warfare sniper elite fps(among those lines). I plug it in my jack(it's only 1 jack, that works for both audio and microphone) I can hear stuff, but my microphone doesn't work at all. I go to...
  5. Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in

Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in: Hello, I've been having this issue where my headset and microphone (Turtlebeach Recon 50) is showing as plugged in when disconnected. When plugging in, sound comes through the headset but no sound goes the microphone. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers multiple times...
  6. headset pairs but won't connect

headset pairs but won't connect: my Senso ActivBuds S250 worked fine until last week when stopped connecting. They show as paired but won't stay connected. They work well on other devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-pairs-but-wont-connect/1515e6b2-a0c2-445c-a701-ed657a3ce29c
  7. Headset Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic: I recently just built a new pc. Everything was fine until I plugged in my Astro A 10 headphones and the mic that is already on wasn't detected. Any solutions/answers on how to get my mic to be recognized? I have Windows 10 64 bit. I have yet to activate windows yet though....
  8. Bluetooth headset is connected and paired but shows as disconnected in Sound setting

Bluetooth headset is connected and paired but shows as disconnected in Sound setting: Hi, i have HP x360 spectre laptop using Intel AC8260 for Bluetooth communication and Windows 10 64-bit. I've recently bought a pair of Jabra Elite 65t has Bluetooth headphones. They work without any problem with by mobile devices. I managed to pair them on this...
  9. Old headset isn’t working with a new computer

Old headset isn’t working with a new computer: I bought a Surface Studio 2 laptop but my old Lenovo Explorer Windows Mixed Reality headset isn’t working with a new laptop. However it used to work without any problems with my old computer. The headset is recognized and tracking is working fine. But there is no image in the...
  10. Game and media audio coming out of headset virtual device rather than headphone device,...

Game and media audio coming out of headset virtual device rather than headphone device,...: On two separate Bluetooth headsets I own, when a chat application is available the game and media audio from the system comes out of the "headset device" rather than the "headphones device" (eg. WX-1000XM3 Hands Free instead of WX-1000XM3 Stereo), while chat audio comes...