Windows 10: Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX?

Discus and support Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a JBL Live 500BT headset and the microphone works flawlessly when the headset is connected over bluetooth. However, when connecting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnnyGui, May 4, 2021.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX?

Hello, I have a JBL Live 500BT headset and the microphone works flawlessly when the headset is connected over bluetooth. However, when connecting the headset through AUX with the 3.5mm jack, and confirming it's a headset when asked by Realtek, only the headphones work and Windows claims there is no sound input device. It's not even working if i connect the headset to the PC's a microphone jack and set the device as a microphone device. The AUX cable does have a secondary microphone but that one only works when the headset is connected to a phone. Is it normal that a bluetooth headset's built-in microphone does not work when the AUX cable is used?

:)

JohnnyGui, May 4, 2021
  2. JohnnyGui Win User

Yes I have but it's still too low.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

So I think I found the culprit. The cable itself I connect the headset with has a low-quality built-in mic as well.
    Connecting the headset with that cable into the microphone aux enables that mic instead of the mic built in the headset.

I was thinking of buying an aux cable without a built-in mic but I'd then need something like the following which I can't find anywhere.

Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX? [​IMG]

Does such a cable actually exist?

JohnnyGui, May 4, 2021
  3. Dude Win User

when you maxed it, did you use the levels tab, and max both sliders?

Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX? [​IMG]

Dude, May 4, 2021
  4. JohnnyGui Win User

Hello,

I have a JBL Live 500BT headset and the microphone works flawlessly when the headset is connected over bluetooth.

However, when connecting the headset through AUX with the 3.5mm jack, and confirming it's a headset when asked by Realtek, only the headphones work and Windows claims there is no sound input device.

It's not even working if i connect the headset to the PC's a microphone jack and set the device as a microphone device.

The AUX cable does have a secondary microphone but that one only works when the headset is connected to a phone.

Is it normal that a bluetooth headset's built-in microphone does not work when the AUX cable is used?

JohnnyGui, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX? - Similar Threads - Headset's Mic working

2. Bluetooth headset no sound or mic not working but it is connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset no sound or mic not working but it is connecting: Bluetooth headset not working no sound or mic not working *Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Accessibility/Other* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-no-sound-or-mic-not-working-but/9afdb7e1-6cc1-4ec4-8a29-a25b4d65ffbe
  3. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  4. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  5. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

6. Headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset mic not working: Hello everybody!I really hope somebody can help me, as I tried everything :I recently bought a Razer Blackshark V2 X headset with a 3.5mm jack. I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop.When I plug the headset in, the audio is fine although th quality is not that great, but the mic won't...
  7. Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working

Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working: Hi there I connected my Bluetooth headset to my windows 10 pc, its shows when connected " voice and music connected". But Bluetooth mic does not work. But my bluetoth mic works in friend's windows 10 desktop.Please helpthanks in advanced....
  8. speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux

speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux: Till today i was having no issues with my speakers, earphones and headset but today when I plugged my earphones into the pc it did not work, I tried the other aux and headphones on both auxes and it did not work. Please look into the problem both the aux are not working...
  9. Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working

Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hi there I connected my Bluetooth headset to my windows 10 pc, its shows when connected " voice and music connected". But every time i tried to use my mic the audio stops and mic works and same vice versa. I want to be able to speak and listen at the same...
  10. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I really need some help. I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset. So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped. It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore. The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer. I...