Windows 10: Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices

Discus and support Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've troubleshooted with two headsets, both of them I'm getting output from, but neither microphones are working. I've uninstalled drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeviEdgington, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices

So I've troubleshooted with two headsets, both of them I'm getting output from, but neither microphones are working. I've uninstalled drivers, unplugged/restarted etc..

And one of them is a 3.5mm jack while the other is USB so it's not a port issue either.

Would anybody be able to provide me with some help? Thanks

:)

LeviEdgington, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Dude Win User

Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.)

Post a screenshot of device manager with sound and video game controller expanded

Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices [​IMG]

3. Headset doesn't show up in playback or recording devices

I've seen similar posts, but none of them have helped me.

I recently bought a headset for use with my laptop, but when I connect it and open the sound tab, (right click on the sound icon in the task-bar and click playback devices) it only shows the speakers, and when I click on the recording tab it shows the laptop's
    microphone and a thing that says stereo mix, but not the headset's microphone

If I right click then it shows that I have show disabled and disconnected devices turned on.

I have tried going to device manager and uninstalling the Realtek High Definition Audio driver and then restarting my laptop, as well as updating the driver but nothing has worked.

How can I see my headset in the sound playback and sound recording tabs?

AwesomeBoy12321, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices

Rig 400 Headset not showing up in Device Manager, Recording Devices, or Playback Devices.

Hello. I recently bought a Rig 400 headset. I made sure to plug in the playback plug into the audio jack, and I plugged the Recording plug into the headphone jack. I made sure to check if it was in recording devices, playback devices, or Device Manager.
    It was in none of those sections. It would really be amazing if anybody could help me.

Aidan Coker Hall, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices

1. Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices - Similar Threads - Headsets showing Playback

2. Headset not showing in recording devices when connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset not showing in recording devices when connected: Hi Everyone,Am using Sony Headphones connected via bluetooth to my PC as a headset.Initially they worked with no issues however now I am unable to use the microphone.The microphone does not show up in recording devices.Strangely when disconnected the headphones, they show up...
  3. Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device: I just got a new LG HBS-SL5 bluetooth headset that connects to my PC but the PC does not seem to recognize them as an audio device. I cannot use them for audio or as a mic. I have tried updating the driver, unpairing and repairing, and rebooting both the headset and PC. I...
  4. Earphone or external mic not showing up in playback device or recording device windows 10

Earphone or external mic not showing up in playback device or recording device windows 10: Hi Guys, I am having issue with 3.5 mm combo jack , I can use 3.5mm jack using earphone no issue with audio in earphone. Device details : Acer Nitro 4 AN515-31 Windows 10 HOME version : 2004 OS build : 19041.388 Audio driver : [ATTACH] Issue : 1. when i insert...
  5. Headset mic not showing up in recording devices

Headset mic not showing up in recording devices: I am using realtek I have a hp 8100 compact elite small form factor I have plugged my turtle beach 70p recon headset into my pcs headset port It pops up on realtek but it only gives the option to pick headphones line in or mic I have checked sound and looked for...
  6. My headphone don't show up in Playback or Recording devices.

My headphone don't show up in Playback or Recording devices.: So I have had this headset for a while now and I have had no problems with it. Then I realized my microphone isn't working. So I looked up all over google and youtube of how to set up a microphone so I was doing that but everything was saying go into Playback Devices and your...
  7. Headset not showing as a Playback Device

Headset not showing as a Playback Device: Whenever I plug in my headset it's detected, but the only playback device that I can select is my laptop speaker, I've already checked if its disabled in the control panel. Overall I can't find any solution to this problem....
  8. Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices

Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices: Hi, my son has done a Windows 10 update a few days ago on his PC and since then the microphone on his headset is not working. We have tried all the fixes like uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drives but it simply has stopped working and it was working fine before the...
  9. Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.: Whenever I use my Game DVR and record something on my Windows 10 computer the audio playback is picking up my voice from my monitor and NOT my headset, how do I get it to playback from my headset microphone? ***Changed Original Title From: Capture Voice Problem***...
  10. Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.)

Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.): I use an Acer Aspire with a hard drive pulled from a new Asus gaming laptop. Ever since making the change, every headset which I connect via the 3.5mm audio port have not appeared in the sound devices panel, although I can still hear sounds on my computer through them,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. plantronics showing in recording but not playback