Windows 10: Health Check says NO, However CPU IS listed as a compatible CPU for upgrade to Win 11

Discus and support Health Check says NO, However CPU IS listed as a compatible CPU for upgrade to Win 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows update tells us CPU does not meet the requirements to upgrade to Win 11.The CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5 1600, 6 Core , 12 Thread running at 3.7 gig.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PerdidoBeach, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Health Check says NO, However CPU IS listed as a compatible CPU for upgrade to Win 11

Windows update tells us CPU does not meet the requirements to upgrade to Win 11.The CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5 1600, 6 Core , 12 Thread running at 3.7 gig. running windows 10 ver. 21H1All other specs are met.The Microsoft spec site lists the AMD 1600 as a compatible CPU.So, why are we unable to upgrade ?

:)

PerdidoBeach, Oct 7, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Win 11 compat app

Both your CPU and graphics card should be ok- your CPU is on the list:
    Windows 11 CPU List Released | WePC

and your graphics card is new enough to support DirectX 12.

These requirements are set by the installer of Win 11. Detailed specs for Win 11 have been released by MS and are given in other such threads here and on elevenforum, but may change slightly before official release.

dalchina, Oct 7, 2021
  3. bobkn Win User
    PC Health Check - Windows 11

To give a short answer, neither PC has a CPU that's on the current approved list.

Your desktop has a Gen 4 CPU. Win11 requires a Gen 8 or later. I hope that changes before release.

bobkn, Oct 7, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Health Check says NO, However CPU IS listed as a compatible CPU for upgrade to Win 11

“Your organization manages updates on this PC” Win 11 PC Health Check

Hi, in the following you will see a second tool which you can try- 3rd party. Note these do not give a comprehensive account. In the rest of the the data I have collated, as the site ie getting many of these queries, you will find other aspects to check.

This suggests you or a 3rd party tool has set a registry value equivalent to a group policy. Organisations use group policy, that's where that comes. (Individual users with Pro up can use that too). You don't say if you have Home or Pro.

Have you perhaps disabled or configured Windows Update by some means?

2 tools to check compatibility:
    PC Health Check - Windows 11
    – may not (yet) be completely reliable.
    You could try this tool... it will tell you "why" you are failing...

3rd Party tool to check for Win 11 compatibility - GitHub | Windows 11 Forum

Specifications:
    Introducing Windows 11
    Find Windows 11 specs, features, and computer requirements
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...specifications

Full specification:
    https://download.microsoft.com/downl...ndows%2011.pdf

Graphics:
    Only machines after about 2015 can support Direct X 12 graphics.
    Try dxdiag.exe on yours e.g. from a Run box

CPU:
    You can check to see if your CPU is in this list:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...tel-processors

TPM
    Check whether you have TPM 2 and if it’s enabled: run
    tpm.msc
    from e.g. a run command.

dalchina, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

Health Check says NO, However CPU IS listed as a compatible CPU for upgrade to Win 11

1. Health Check says NO, However CPU IS listed as a compatible CPU for upgrade to Win 11 - Similar Threads - Health Check says

2. i7-7700 is on the updated list of compatable cpu's, yet the health check says not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i7-7700 is on the updated list of compatable cpu's, yet the health check says not...: i7-7700 is on the updated list of compatable cpu's, yet the health check says not compatable. Is the pc health check not updated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i7-7700-is-on-the-updated-list-of-compatable-cpus/4fcf56ef-de0b-449a-a9fe-3f99550228fe
  3. i7-7700 is on the updated list of compatable cpu's, yet the health check says not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i7-7700 is on the updated list of compatable cpu's, yet the health check says not...: i7-7700 is on the updated list of compatable cpu's, yet the health check says not compatable. Is the pc health check not updated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i7-7700-is-on-the-updated-list-of-compatable-cpus/4fcf56ef-de0b-449a-a9fe-3f99550228fe
  4. My CPU is on the supported CPU list, but on the PC Health Check App, it says it doesn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CPU is on the supported CPU list, but on the PC Health Check App, it says it doesn't...: My CPU is the Intel Core i5-6400 @ 2.70 GHz, which appears on the list as shown below.All other requirements have been met. I run Windows 10 21H2.Does anyone know what's wrong?...
  5. My CPU is on the supported CPU list, but on the PC Health Check App, it says it doesn't...

My CPU is on the supported CPU list, but on the PC Health Check App, it says it doesn't...: My CPU is the Intel Core i5-6400 @ 2.70 GHz, which appears on the list as shown below.All other requirements have been met. I run Windows 10 21H2.Does anyone know what's wrong?...
  6. PC health check says I don't have a compatible CPU for upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC health check says I don't have a compatible CPU for upgrade to Windows 11: PC health check says I don't have a compatible CPU for upgrade to Windows 11, but I can find my CPU listed in the 'compatible CPU' list on Microsoft website?Here is my CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHzI'm running Windows 10 Home 21H1In the list of compatible CPU's there...
  7. PC health check says I don't have a compatible CPU for upgrade to Windows 11

PC health check says I don't have a compatible CPU for upgrade to Windows 11: PC health check says I don't have a compatible CPU for upgrade to Windows 11, but I can find my CPU listed in the 'compatible CPU' list on Microsoft website?Here is my CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHzI'm running Windows 10 Home 21H1In the list of compatible CPU's there...
  8. it says my cpu is not compatible with win 11 but it is

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    it says my cpu is not compatible with win 11 but it is: windows pc health check says intel 15 6500 is not suported but it clearly states that cpu is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-my-cpu-is-not-compatible-with-win-11-but/e5c42b80-6971-424a-997c-01a099ae8e3f
  9. Health Check says NO, However CPU IS listed as a compatible CPU for upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Health Check says NO, However CPU IS listed as a compatible CPU for upgrade to Win 11: Windows update tells us CPU does not meet the requirements to upgrade to Win 11.The CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5 1600, 6 Core , 12 Thread running at 3.7 gig. running windows 10 ver. 21H1All other specs are met.The Microsoft spec site lists the AMD 1600 as a compatible CPU.So, why...
  10. Health Check says NO, However CPU IS listed as a compatible CPU for upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Health Check says NO, However CPU IS listed as a compatible CPU for upgrade to Win 11: Windows update tells us CPU does not meet the requirements to upgrade to Win 11.The CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5 1600, 6 Core , 12 Thread running at 3.7 gig. running windows 10 ver. 21H1All other specs are met.The Microsoft spec site lists the AMD 1600 as a compatible CPU.So, why...