Windows 10: Healthy recovery partition taking up lot of space

Discus and support Healthy recovery partition taking up lot of space in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have 2 disksDisk 1: 128gb SSDDisk 2: 1TB HDDI see on disk 1 there are 2 healthy recovery partitions taking up 11.69 + 1.08GB space.I want to know if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ashutosh Agrawal2, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Healthy recovery partition taking up lot of space

I have 2 disksDisk 1: 128gb SSDDisk 2: 1TB HDDI see on disk 1 there are 2 healthy recovery partitions taking up 11.69 + 1.08GB space.I want to know if it's safe to delete the 11.69 GB partition. I did some research and found out that partition 3 is being used. but I am not able to understand what partition 3 is. Attaching screenshots. Please help if anyone knows Thanks in advance

:)

Ashutosh Agrawal2, Apr 12, 2023

2. Need to delete an old healthy Recovery partition.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Select the Recovery Partition

Right click it, click 'Format'

You will receive a Warning dialog, click OK to continue.

The next step is to select your file system option, in this case, go with the default which is NTFS.

The formatting process will now begin.

Once complete, the drive will be displayed as a ‘Logical Drive’ in Disk Management.

Right click the ‘Logical Drive’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition. Right click the System volume (usually the C:\ drive where Windows is installed) then click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual
    menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 12, 2023
  3. Unknow drive and recovery drive located on my PC

Hi Cameron,

As per the added information, I suggest that you delete the partition listed below:

1. 99MB Healthy Partition.

2. 450MB Healthy Recovery Partition (This is the system recovery drive that might have been created during Windows 10 installation)

To delete the said partitions, you can follow the steps outlined below:

1. Right click on Start Menu to open Disk Management.

2. Here right click on the respective partition and select Delete Volume.

If you delete a primary partition, the resulting empty space is called unallocated disk space . If you delete a logical drive within an extended partition, the resulting empty space is called
    free space.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 12, 2023
  4. Healthy recovery partition taking up lot of space

Need to delete an old healthy Recovery partition.

How do I delete an old 449MB healthy Recovery partition.

BarryMoore SR., Apr 12, 2023
Thema:

Healthy recovery partition taking up lot of space

1. Healthy recovery partition taking up lot of space - Similar Threads - Healthy recovery partition

2. Healthy recovery partition taking up lot of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Healthy recovery partition taking up lot of space: I have 2 disksDisk 1: 128gb SSDDisk 2: 1TB HDDI see on disk 1 there are 2 healthy recovery partitions taking up 11.69 + 1.08GB space.I want to know if it's safe to delete the 11.69 GB partition. I did some research and found out that partition 3 is being used. but I am not...
  3. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  4. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  5. Recovery Partition Not Showing As "Healthy" in Computer Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Partition Not Showing As "Healthy" in Computer Management: See attached screenshot.Background - I replaced the original NVMe with a larger one, by cloning the original C: drive to the new NVMe. Everything appears to be working correctly - the system boots, etc. The usage of the Recovery Partition also appears correct. However, in the...
  6. Recovery Partition Not Showing As "Healthy" in Computer Management

Recovery Partition Not Showing As "Healthy" in Computer Management: See attached screenshot.Background - I replaced the original NVMe with a larger one, by cloning the original C: drive to the new NVMe. Everything appears to be working correctly - the system boots, etc. The usage of the Recovery Partition also appears correct. However, in the...
  7. Which "Healthy Recovery partitions" to delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Which "Healthy Recovery partitions" to delete: Hello I have a Surface pro Gen 1 (quite old but still doing great) running Win 10. It only has a 64GB SSD, so I need every bit of space I can get on there. There is currently 5 healthy recovery partitions at over 10gb. I would like to hang on to the repair partition, however...
  8. How to recover Healthy Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to recover Healthy Recovery Partition: Hi, I want to delete the Healthy Recovery Partition because it's in the way of C drive and some free unallocated space. After I delete it and merge the unallocated space and with the C drive how can I add back a Healthy Recovery Partition? submitted by /u/SingleHouse...
  9. Healthy EFI Sytem Partition and Healthy Recovery partition next to my C drive - Unable to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Healthy EFI Sytem Partition and Healthy Recovery partition next to my C drive - Unable to...: I have a HP Pavilion with Windows 10. My C drive has only 35 GB free out of 161 GB. I was looking to extend my C drive but the extend volume option is greyed out. When I checked the Disk Management I have one health partition to the left of my C drive and one health partition...
  10. Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition): HI my HDD have 6 partitions,my question is ;one of the partitions is (EFI System Partition) and other is OEM healthy Partition,I don't know what is in it,Iwonder if i can see what is in it?and what hapen if i delete this partition whithout damage my windows or my recovery...