Windows 10: Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes

Discus and support Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Been trying to deal with this issue for a while and have been working with Nvidia support as well.When playing certain games I will get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alan Burke, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes

Hello,Been trying to deal with this issue for a while and have been working with Nvidia support as well.When playing certain games I will get a disconnect sound and then the screen will turn a solid color. After a few seconds the screen will turn off and then back on but whatever game I was trying to play will have crashed. But this doesn't happen with all games and doesn't seem to have anything to do with graphical quality. I have tried updating my drivers, updating my BIOS, running a clean boot, checking to make sure I don't have corrupted system files and ran a stability test on the GPU it

:)

Alan Burke, Aug 15, 2022

2. In-game device disconnection sound

Hi Timur,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

1. What is the make and Model of your computer?

2. Since when are you facing this issue?

3. Did you try installing all the latest drivers from the computer manufacturer's website?

I would like to inform you that this issue you are facing might be due to Sound settings on your computer. So I would suggest you to follow below steps to make changes in Sound Settings and check.

• In search, type Sound and hit Enter.
    • From the bottom panel click on Sounds.
    • Under Program Events, look for Device Connect, Disconnect and Failed to Connect.
    • Choose one option at a time and from the sounds option choose none.
    Check if you still come across the sound.

Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you better.

Nachappa C K, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    connect/disconnect sounds

Thank you for the information.

If the connect/disconnect sounds is only happening when playing an specific game, It might be a game app or a driver issue. we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if the problem persists. Check the steps provided below:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System on the Settings menu.
    • Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
    • Select an app you wish to uninstall.
    • Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Make sure also that your device software drivers are updated.

Post back with the result.

Remon Ont, Aug 15, 2022
  4. TimurFix Win User

Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes

In-game device disconnection sound

While I'm playing my games, I constantly get random device disconnection sound, but nothing is getting disconnected. I can hear it 2-3 times in 1 hour or only one time in a day, so it's completely random. BUT, it's happening in-game only, I never get it
    when I'm on desktop or surfing the internet.

I'm using PC. My USB devices are only keyboard and mouse, both with 2.0 inputs but they are plugged into my motherboard USB 3.0 outputs. Can it be the case? I read that USB 2.0 devices can work with USB 3.0

TimurFix, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes

1. Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes - Similar Threads - Hear disconnected device

2. Sound crash after device disconnects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound crash after device disconnects: My keyboard started to disconnect sometimes lately, but it crashes my sound and it only returns once I replug my headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-crash-after-device-disconnects/6a50bcaa-1b37-4389-bc40-c190eaee50db
  3. Sound crash after device disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound crash after device disconnects: My keyboard started to disconnect sometimes lately, but it crashes my sound and it only returns once I replug my headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-crash-after-device-disconnects/6a50bcaa-1b37-4389-bc40-c190eaee50db
  4. Sound crash after device disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes: Hello,Been trying to deal with this issue for a while and have been working with Nvidia support as well.When playing certain games I will get a disconnect sound and then the screen will turn a solid color. After a few seconds the screen will turn off and then back on but...
  6. I keep on hearing Connecting and Disconnecting sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep on hearing Connecting and Disconnecting sounds: Since yesterday, I keep on hearing Connecting and Disconnecting sounds even though there is no devices connected on my laptop, the USB icon also keep on appearing and disappearing on my taskbar, is there a fix to this?Things I tried:- uninstalling USB Drivers- Updating my...
  7. I keep on hearing Connecting and Disconnecting sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep on hearing Connecting and Disconnecting sounds: Since yesterday, I keep on hearing Connecting and Disconnecting sounds even though there is no devices connected on my laptop, the USB icon also keep on appearing and disappearing on my taskbar, is there a fix to this?Things I tried:- uninstalling USB Drivers- Updating my...
  8. Windows 10 Device connect/disconnect sounds lead to games crashing/stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Device connect/disconnect sounds lead to games crashing/stuttering: Bought a PC at the start of 2020 with all brand new parts and built it with no problems whatsoever. Around 3 or so months in I had this exact issue and fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling my headset drivers. Fastforward to now and the same issue has yet again come back...
  9. device disconnected beep sound while playing games

in Windows 10 Customization
    device disconnected beep sound while playing games: I hear a device disconnected beep sound randomly while playing games. Game lags a little or game screen minimizes at that time. This happens in a gap of around 2-3 minutes. The problem was not there before yesterday. I tried changing keyboard, plugged keyboard and mouse to...
  10. DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS: I removed my device by the safely remove the device, & still get the disconnect-connect sounds, I do not want to take the computer apart or have someone look @ it to say it cost? I guess I can always wile not using it put it in sleep mode? Bob Thanks & God bless...