Windows 10: Hearing audio through speakers and headphones simultaneously

Discus and support Hearing audio through speakers and headphones simultaneously in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Aight so I have headphones and my laptop speaker. I had problems with my headphones where when I plugged them in while the laptop was on it didnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stachu., Nov 5, 2020.

1. Stachu. Win User

Hearing audio through speakers and headphones simultaneously

Aight so I have headphones and my laptop speaker. I had problems with my headphones where when I plugged them in while the laptop was on it didnt detect them. However I fixed that issue by uninstalling 'Realtek R Audio' which in the Sound Control Panel was the name of my speakers and headphones i think from the Device Manager. Then I went to this link: https://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/17056/ and downloaded the 64 bit only version. Then when I went into the Device Manager again, and after restarting my laptop Realtek R audio was there again, but now my headphones dont even show up, I have tried showing disabled and disconnected devices but it still doesnt show my headphones. Now when I plug my headphones in, it plays in my speakers and headphones. also in sound settings/bottom right taskbar sound button both dont show the Headphones either.

any help would be good

:)

Stachu., Nov 5, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker

For analog audio, not HDMI, a simple solution is to connect a Y connector at the speaker output (green) and then connect both headphones and speakers. See picture. But connecting the HDMI cable enables HDMI audio by default. You may have to change that from Playback Devices (right-click on the volume icon).

Hearing audio through speakers and headphones simultaneously [​IMG]

spapakons, Nov 5, 2020
  3. sktg51 Win User
    Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker

Hi
    I have recently built my first Desktop. Bit like a Meccano set (yes I am that old). My problem is that I am hearing impaired and want to use my headphones to listen to programs we watch on the TV (from where we have them stored on the computer), while my wife listens to the speakers. The dialogue is too quiet for me, and the music too loud.

We use an HDMI cable for the video from the graphics card (AMD Radeon R9 390) to the TV, but have to make alternate arrangements for audio. I have set up a bluetooth connection to a BOSE Soundlink Mini using Blue Soleil software (the bluetooth connection from the mobo - that I paid extra for over the standard Z87 - does not work). I have my headphone plugged into the front sockets on my desktop. The Z87 uses Realtek HD Audio Manager.

I can use either the headphones or the speaker, but not both. Obviously I want to use them simultaneously.

I have looked everywhere on-line and through the Windows info and I am now very confused. To a luddite like me this should be easy to do.

Can anyone offer advice please.

sktg51, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Hearing audio through speakers and headphones simultaneously - Similar Threads - Hearing audio through

2. i can hear the audio on my speaker and my headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can hear the audio on my speaker and my headphones: i downloaded an audio driver but when i listen to something i can hear it on my speaker and on my heaphones so i try to download an another audio driver but the second audio driver deletes himself en the first one how can i fix thix?...
  3. i can hear the audio on my speaker and my headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i can hear the audio on my speaker and my headphones: i downloaded an audio driver but when i listen to something i can hear it on my speaker and on my heaphones so i try to download an another audio driver but the second audio driver deletes himself en the first one how can i fix thix?...
  4. Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

Audio playing through speakers and headphones.: My audio is playing through speakers and headphones. I've tried to set headphones to default but the option to do so isn't there. All I have is realtek audio speakers. How do I get it to automatically disable speakers when headphones are plugged in? 172751
  5. Audio plays through headphones and speakers

Audio plays through headphones and speakers: So ive tried to update my drivers, ive tried to uninstall/reinstall, ive tried to go to playback devices, ive tried to go to my realtek stuff and none of this is working, it seems different then any of the cases ive seen by looking it up, i have no clue what to do. i went...
  6. Headphones plugged in, but game audio coming through speakers.

Headphones plugged in, but game audio coming through speakers.: I plug in headphones and I can listen to music or youtube through the headphones, but when I try and play a game, the audio plays through my laptop speakers. Is there any way to fix this and have everything playing in my headphones?...
  7. How to get simultaneous audio through both USB headphones and main speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get simultaneous audio through both USB headphones and main speakers: When my USB headphones are plugged in, the main speakers become disabled. How can I get sound through both simultaneously? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-simultaneous-audio-through-both-usb/f0205779-38d2-4857-a31b-101e726156c4
  8. Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.

Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.: I reinstalled my audio drivers today because it wasn't working, I can hear everything now but it plays through both my headphones and speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-playing-through-both-speakers-and/39c750ca-4d00-4b36-846a-6d5ba871da62
  9. Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker

Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker: Hi I have recently built my first Desktop. Bit like a Meccano set (yes I am that old). My problem is that I am hearing impaired and want to use my headphones to listen to programs we watch on the TV (from where we have them stored on the computer), while my wife listens to...
  10. Cannot hear through Bluetooth wireless headphones but speakers okay

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot hear through Bluetooth wireless headphones but speakers okay: Just installed Sennheiser MB Pro 2 UC Bluetooth wireless headset and cannot hear sounds but can hear via desktop speakers (Bose). The Volume Mixer for Device shows: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) Headset Earphone (2 – Sennheiser BTD 800 USB) If choose Speaker,...