Windows 10: Hearing Negative things about updating from 1803

Discus and support Hearing Negative things about updating from 1803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got a little notification on my Windows 10 laptop saying 1803 won't be supported after Nov. 12th. I was going to update but I've been hearing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CD1295, Aug 12, 2019.

1. CD1295 Win User

Hearing Negative things about updating from 1803

I got a little notification on my Windows 10 laptop saying 1803 won't be supported after Nov. 12th. I was going to update but I've been hearing negative things. If it's not the loading stopping, it's stuff like Chrome running slow. What's going on?

:)

CD1295, Aug 12, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Hearing Negative things about updating from 1803

input of slides and negatives

Hi Rebecca,

I realize that you are facing issues with input slides and negatives. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if that helps. A clean boot state will help us to determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Hearing Negative things about updating from 1803

1. Hearing Negative things about updating from 1803 - Similar Threads - Hearing Negative things

2. Updated Windows and now can't hear Multiple things.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updated Windows and now can't hear Multiple things.: I updated windows 10 on my laptop and before I used to be able to listen to friends on discord while watching netflix, or youtube, etc. But then I updated it and whenever I talked or I heard noise from discord, it would stop the audio from youtube or netflix, so I searched...
  3. Updating from 1803 to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating from 1803 to 1909: Error message after a few hours of downloading and updating. 'Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer then restart the installation' after it downloads 100%, reaches a stage where it says something like you computer...
  4. updating from 1803 to 1909

updating from 1803 to 1909: I am trying to update from windows 1803 to 1909, I get this error message after a few hours of downloading and updating. 'Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer then restart the installation' after it downloads...
  5. update about 1803 version to 1903

update about 1803 version to 1903: why upgrade message from version 1803 to 1903 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-about-1803-version-to-1903/c9ce1e6a-cb3e-4799-b724-2e1d3c8759c7
  6. Negative screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Negative screen: When I press CAPS Lock and Num Lock Keys and then plug in or unplug a USB device the screen turns negative for a while. This negative screen doesn’t affect the computer performance. I did some troubleshooting steps like screen color calibration, then I unplugged all the USB...
  7. 1809 Update will download but not update from 1803

1809 Update will download but not update from 1803: When I run the Update/Upgrade Assistant or Troubleshooter it reports a Pending Update. I can not see the update on Update and Security Settings Pages. The Troubleshooter declares Fixed when it indicates Pending Download and select Update Now. Nothing changes. I used the...
  8. Update from 1803 to 1809

Update from 1803 to 1809: Where is my update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-from-1803-to-1809/72928f34-ca67-4bb8-83bb-b8d875e48a5f
  9. Question about 1803 update

Question about 1803 update: I've downloaded the 1803 ISO with the MCT. Can I use that to update my other PC without losing anything? I'm trying not to have download the update again. Thanks 109174
  10. About the taskbar in 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    About the taskbar in 1803: Once I resolved my issue of not being able to sign in after upgrading to Spring Creator’s, I noticed something about the taskbar. In 1803, is the taskbar glass by default, just like Start? I know that Classic Shell has the ability to make it glass in Windows 10, but even if...