Windows 10: Hearing through internal mic even though it's disabled

Discus and support Hearing through internal mic even though it's disabled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to know if there's any way I can actually disable the mic. I have had the mic disabled through Device Manager since I first had the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DonkeyDong, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Hearing through internal mic even though it's disabled

I want to know if there's any way I can actually disable the mic. I have had the mic disabled through Device Manager since I first had the laptop because I don't need it. But it has never played back even before I disabled it. I now disabled basically every audio device but one of my speakers and I still hear myself. I recently downloaded new software that plays audio into the mic internally a soundboard and my AV didn't go off, so I thought it was safe. It's the only recent major change I've made to my devices though.

:)

DonkeyDong, Mar 19, 2020
  2. WAHGGHAW Win User

Internal mic removed by Windows 10?

I upgraded to Windows 10. Everything seems to work ok.

But the internal microphone (mic) no longer works.
    Nor does it show up on a list of "Recording devices" (even when I select "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices".

I am on HP compaq 610.

Anyone know exactly what to do to restore the internal mic, please?

WAHGGHAW, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Internal mic not picking any sound

Hi,

I have checked my microphone which i found enabled. Also all the devices are shown (Disconnected and disabled).

The Microphone array (internal mic) is set default.

When I check for windows update, no sound driver update is listed in the updates.

PrafullaTayde, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Hearing through internal mic even though it's disabled

Internal mic not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

Step 1.

Check your microphone’s drivers

1. Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers

3. Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select Update Driver Software.

4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software. This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed. You may be prompted to restart your computer to install
    the driver.

Step 2.

Manually turn up the mic gain

1. Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select Sound (Control Panel) from the list.

2. Select the Recording tab.

3. Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select Properties.

4. Select the Levels tab.

Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click Apply.

Refer the below link for reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with any issues with windows.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Hearing through internal mic even though it's disabled

1. Hearing through internal mic even though it's disabled - Similar Threads - Hearing through internal

2. VBS stays on, even though it is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VBS stays on, even though it is disabled.: Recently I noticed that VBS was running even though it was turned off.System information confirmed this as its showing VBS as "running"Windows security settings show that its off, turning it on, rebooting, turning it off again, rebooting, does not fix it.The only way I can...
  3. VBS stays on, even though it is disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VBS stays on, even though it is disabled.: Recently I noticed that VBS was running even though it was turned off.System information confirmed this as its showing VBS as "running"Windows security settings show that its off, turning it on, rebooting, turning it off again, rebooting, does not fix it.The only way I can...
  4. Everybody hears my gaming sound and they hear themselves through my mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everybody hears my gaming sound and they hear themselves through my mic: Hi there, I have two different headsets, one with analogue cinch and one is a USB headset. When I play online games with friends, they can hear themselves and my sound, even when I say nothing at all and no matter whether I use the USB headset or the other one. It happens on...
  5. Hearing built-in mic through speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hearing built-in mic through speakers: I always hear my built-in mic, even though all mics except for my external mic are disabled. This is very annoying as I can hear the white noise from it and if I, for example, tap my finger on it I can hear the sound from it. I can hear it as soon as the computer is beginning...
  6. Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic

Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic: I have an Astro A40 headset that has worked fine for me for over a year now. But, all of a sudden the last month it has started echoing and often playing my internal sounds game Im playing or youtube video Im watching through my mic. I have done everything I can like...
  7. Disk defragmenter running even though it's disabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk defragmenter running even though it's disabled: I just caught disk defragmenter running when I didn't want it to. Windows seems to love running things without my permission. I just doubled-checked the settings under "defragment and optimize drives" and it is off for all drives: Drives are not being optimized automatically...
  8. Disk defragmenter running even though it's disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk defragmenter running even though it's disabled: I just caught disk defragmenter running when I didn't want it to. Windows seems to love running things without my permission. I just doubled-checked the settings under "defragment and optimize drives" and it is off for all drives: Drives are not being optimized automatically...
  9. Windows will not pick up my Microphone even though I can hear my voice through it.

Windows will not pick up my Microphone even though I can hear my voice through it.: I've been trying to get my USB headset to work however windows does not seem to detect the microphone. If I speak into the microphone settings the green bars will not light up. However, if I go into settings and turn on the "Listen to this Device" option I can hear my voice...
  10. Mic too sensitive even though properties are turned down

Mic too sensitive even though properties are turned down: Hello, I face following problem. I installed USB 4.0 external USB port and Bluetooth headphones. The first day I installed them, everything was working perfect! The level of sensitivity of microphone was about the half, (there is no boost bar) and I could work it...