Windows 10: Heavy disk usage

Discus and support Heavy disk usage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Disk at 100, system using 70-80%. It’s trying to update windows. It stalls. I open trouble shooter, it stalls and keeps loading forever. Restarted it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/7sevenheaven, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Heavy disk usage

Disk at 100, system using 70-80%. It’s trying to update windows. It stalls. I open trouble shooter, it stalls and keeps loading forever. Restarted it, shut down and on multiple times. Please help

submitted by /u/7sevenheaven
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/7sevenheaven, Jun 23, 2020

2. Off the chart (literally!) disk usage

Glenn, we would like to check if you are still experiencing a high disk usage on your end, if yes, we would like to ask if you can try to follow the steps below for as a workaround:

• Go to Start menu and select Settings
    • Select System
    • Select Notification & actions
    • Then turn off all notification and check if disk usage would still get a high usage.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Heavy disk usage

Heavy Fluctuating disk usage in Windows 10

I have a Dell Laptop with 16GB RAM, intel-i76500U CPU@2.5GHZ with 2TB hard disk and windows 10. I consistently see my hard drive usage go to 100% and then fluctuate to as low as 10% very rapidly again and again. It leads to heavy system lag while I am using
    very few and simple applications like chrome, word etc. I have already performed a complete clean boot 3 days ago. What can be the reason and how system performance can be improved?

LalitKhatri1992, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Heavy disk usage

1. Heavy disk usage - Similar Threads - Heavy disk usage

2. How to diagnose heavy CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to diagnose heavy CPU usage: Windows Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2728 Surface Pro i7 Fresh boot - CPU usage at 100% see image How do I troubleshoot this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-diagnose-heavy-cpu-usage/62af061f-288d-42d5-8be8-b49cc523a8a2
  3. How to diagnose heavy CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to diagnose heavy CPU usage: Windows Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2728 Surface Pro i7 Fresh boot - CPU usage at 100% see image How do I troubleshoot this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-diagnose-heavy-cpu-usage/62af061f-288d-42d5-8be8-b49cc523a8a2
  4. How to diagnose heavy CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 100% disk usage whenever i open games, or heavy applications

100% disk usage whenever i open games, or heavy applications: pc- asus vivobook x540uar ram- 8gb graphics- intel hd graphics 620 i5 10th gen i used to run heavy applications and games like velorant, android studio, far cry games, etc on my laptop....it may lag at high graphics, by applications used to run smoothly at low...
  6. Heavy Data usage of Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Heavy Data usage of Windows10: I bought a windows10 2020 july version. My computer is Dell intel core i5 8 th gen. So my problem is my windows consume a lot of data , without microsoft team or anything else it uses 1 mb/ 1 or 2 sec . My daily 4 GB pack will be exhausted in 2 or 3 hours. I tried metered...
  7. Heavy data usage by System,csrss.exe

Heavy data usage by System,csrss.exe: I am using only google chrome in my computer through wifi but certain software also start using my wifi data For example System,csrss.exe And my data starts draining fastly How can I fix it,As I am having limited data [ATTACH]...
  8. Heavy Internet usage

Heavy Internet usage: Hey... I check whole pc but there is no update is running but my whole internet data is automatically used. When I checked the task manager it show BITS service is using that data. But if no update is running then what is happening....PLz help to solve this...
  9. Heavy Network Usage

Heavy Network Usage: Hello, Some Unknown service is continuously downloading content in the background. I cannot trace out the application/service which is using the network via task manager and resource monitor. Task manager is showing heavy network activity, but none of the process is showing...
  10. Heavy Fluctuating disk usage in Windows 10

Heavy Fluctuating disk usage in Windows 10: I have a Dell Laptop with 16GB RAM, intel-i76500U CPU@2.5GHZ with 2TB hard disk and windows 10. I consistently see my hard drive usage go to 100% and then fluctuate to as low as 10% very rapidly again and again. It leads to heavy system lag while I am using very few and...