Windows 10: Hebrew font

Discus and support Hebrew font in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to add a Google font called Suez One to my Windows 10. I can add the font but it won't show in Hebrew. Also, I don't want to type with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkNeidert, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Hebrew font

I would like to add a Google font called Suez One to my Windows 10. I can add the font but it won't show in Hebrew.

Also, I don't want to type with this font. I want the font to display properly in Inkscape, Inkscape relies on Windows 10 for all its fonts.

How do I get it into Win 10 so I can use Inkscape to manipulate the characters of the Aleph-Beit?

[Moved by moderator from Word forum; there doesn't seem to be a Windows topic that suggests that it includes fonts, so please move again as needed.]

:)

MarkNeidert, Nov 5, 2020

2. All Hebrew fonts lost

Many Hebrew fonts were moved into an optional feature in Windows 10. Installing the fonts from an older version of Windows is
    not recommended! Instead, there are a couple of ways to get the optional font feature installed.

Most of the optional font features are associated with languages. In this case, if you were to add Hebrew into your language settings, the optional Hebrew font feature would be installed automatically. You can also install any of the optional font features
    manually.

Both of these are done in Settings.

• Click the Start button.
    • Click Settings.
    To add the Hebrew language to your language profile:

• In Settings, click Time & language.
    • Click Region & language.
    • If Hebrew is not included in your languages, click the "+" icon next to Add a language.
    • Scroll to find Tamil, then click on it to add it to your language list.Once you have added Hebrew to your language list, then the optional Hebrew font feature and other optional features for Hebrew language support will be installed, provided you are online.
      This should only take a few minutes.
    To manually add the optional Hebrew fonts feature:

• In Settings, click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Click on the link, Manage optional features.
    • If "Hebrew Supplemental Fonts" is not listed among the installed features, click on the "+" icon next to Add a feature.
    • Scroll to find "Hebrew Supplemental Fonts". Click on that item, then click on Install.
    • Click on the back arrow in the upper corner of the window.
    You should see the Hebrew feature in the list as installed or in the process of being installed.

For more details, or if you have a similar issue with fonts missing after upgrading to Windows 10, see the topic,

Some fonts are missing after upgrade

PeterCon [MSFT], Nov 5, 2020
  3. Valideas Win User
    All Hebrew fonts lost

Outlook 16 is not working properly on Windows 10;

Received emails: In the From and Subject tabs there are ??? for Hebrew letters. When opening the email the content is OK (but subject & From is still ???)

Old emails: (PST imported from previous from Windows 8.1/Outlook 13 PC) are completely correct even in the the Subject/From bars.

New emails: In the To and Subject tabs there are ??? for Hebrew letters.

Forwarding a "good" old email cause same problems as a new email.

Above is on private PC.

My large employer has not deployed Office 16 for some problems. Is this a known problem?

Should I uninstall Office 16 and use Office 13 instead?

Valideas, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Hebrew font

All Hebrew fonts lost

What I ended up doing:

I went to my old laptop, went to the Fonts section in control panel, grouped the fonts by type, went to the Hebrew font section, selected all Hebrew fonts, and emailed them to myself. I then went on my new laptop, downloaded the files, selected them all
    and installed them.

Also, to share with anyone else that is interested: In the interim, I discovered a site in which you can download many other Hebrew fonts. opensiddur.org/tools/fonts/. Enjoy!

While I was able to solve my problem in a roundabout manner, I am disconcerted that such a glitch could happen.

Teacher919, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Hebrew font

1. Hebrew font - Similar Threads - Hebrew font

2. How do I get Hebrew letters to appear in Hebrew in my incoming emails I use Juno webmail....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Hebrew letters to appear in Hebrew in my incoming emails I use Juno webmail....: Juno said it's a Microsoft issue. Right now it comes in in gibberish copied and pasted below: ôðééúê äú÷áìä åäåòáøä ìèéôåì. áñéåí äèéôåì, ú÷áì úùåáä áëúá. ááøëäAlso, how would I be able to type in Hebrew?...
  3. How do I get Hebrew letters to appear in Hebrew in my incoming emails I use Juno webmail....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get Hebrew letters to appear in Hebrew in my incoming emails I use Juno webmail....: Juno said it's a Microsoft issue. Right now it comes in in gibberish copied and pasted below: ôðééúê äú÷áìä åäåòáøä ìèéôåì. áñéåí äèéôåì, ú÷áì úùåáä áëúá. ááøëäAlso, how would I be able to type in Hebrew?...
  4. How to type with Hebrew vowels after Hebrew Keyboard added. Just won't type vowels.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to type with Hebrew vowels after Hebrew Keyboard added. Just won't type vowels.: I have windows 11 with the Hebrew keyboard downloaded by using adding a new language. I can type the Hebrew block letters but can not type and vowels., When I added the Hebrew language to my English language keyboard it only gave me the option of Basic. My question is there...
  5. How to type with Hebrew vowels after Hebrew Keyboard added. Just won't type vowels.

How to type with Hebrew vowels after Hebrew Keyboard added. Just won't type vowels.: I have windows 11 with the Hebrew keyboard downloaded by using adding a new language. I can type the Hebrew block letters but can not type and vowels., When I added the Hebrew language to my English language keyboard it only gave me the option of Basic. My question is there...
  6. how can i write in script hebrew on windows 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i write in script hebrew on windows 11: how can i write in script Hebrew on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-write-in-script-hebrew-on-windows-11/e53a4897-9263-422e-b25b-ef2f3d51396d
  7. Lucida Sans Unicode font not displaying Hebrew punctuaton maqaf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lucida Sans Unicode font not displaying Hebrew punctuaton maqaf: Hello Microsoft community and support,We have observed that our customers using our product on Edge, Chrome, or Firefox on windows are unable to see the unicode character “־” U+05BE which is a Hebrew Punctuation Maqaf. In our product we use the following font families in...
  8. Lucida Sans Unicode font not displaying Hebrew punctuaton maqaf

Lucida Sans Unicode font not displaying Hebrew punctuaton maqaf: Hello Microsoft community and support,We have observed that our customers using our product on Edge, Chrome, or Firefox on windows are unable to see the unicode character “־” U+05BE which is a Hebrew Punctuation Maqaf. In our product we use the following font families in...
  9. XBOX App wont display Hebrew fonts in Topics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX App wont display Hebrew fonts in Topics: Hi,The Xbox App for Win10 is not showing Hebrew fonts but rather ???? instead of topics.It used to be OK until now.How can I fix it or make the topics appear in English and not Hebrew topics such as New, coming soon, leaving soon....etc....?This problem does NOT exist in any...
  10. XBOX App wont display Hebrew fonts in Topics

XBOX App wont display Hebrew fonts in Topics: Hi,The Xbox App for Win10 is not showing Hebrew fonts but rather ???? instead of topics.It used to be OK until now.How can I fix it or make the topics appear in English and not Hebrew topics such as New, coming soon, leaving soon....etc....?This problem does NOT exist in any...