Windows 10: HEIC EXTENSION

Discus and support HEIC EXTENSION in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Downloaded pictures from an IPhone7 to an HP but can't view pictures because it has an HEIC extension, help... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PH55-1, Jan 1, 2020.

1. PH55-1 Win User

HEIC EXTENSION

Downloaded pictures from an IPhone7 to an HP but can't view pictures because it has an HEIC extension, help

:)

PH55-1, Jan 1, 2020

2. Need to open file extension HEIC and png.

Hi Sharon,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

You need to install an extension for HEIC Image formats.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/heif-image-ex...

Detailed steps are in this tutorial:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-open-heic-an...

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jan 1, 2020
  3. suedama Win User
    HEIC file viewing

I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any suggestions?

I have tried converting it to JPG using the APowersoft application but it downloads the file to a location that does not seem to exist on my PC - "...Users/[user name]\AppData\temp...

Thanks.

suedama, Jan 1, 2020
  4. HEIC EXTENSION

Need to open file extension HEIC and png.

I can't open an image with a file extension .HEIC and .png. Is there a codecs pack that I can download for Windows 10?

SharonSpencer1, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

HEIC EXTENSION

1. HEIC EXTENSION - Similar Threads - HEIC EXTENSION

2. Why is Microsoft photos showing this when I try to open an image with .HEIC extension: "The...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is Microsoft photos showing this when I try to open an image with .HEIC extension: "The...: Then I go to Microsoft Store and the HEVC Video Extensions is charging $0.99 to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-photos-showing-this-when-i-try-to/dfce272f-f3c4-488b-bbf9-427db5a9f870
  3. Why is Microsoft photos showing this when I try to open an image with .HEIC extension: "The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft photos showing this when I try to open an image with .HEIC extension: "The...: Then I go to Microsoft Store and the HEVC Video Extensions is charging $0.99 to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-photos-showing-this-when-i-try-to/dfce272f-f3c4-488b-bbf9-427db5a9f870
  4. Why is Microsoft photos showing this when I try to open an image with .HEIC extension: "The...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Finding heic extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding heic extensions: I have downloaded the heic software; however, my computer does not look for heic extendions. When I search a folder for photos it only looks for the jpg type extensions. How do I ask my computer to also look for heic?...
  6. Finding heic extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding heic extensions: I have downloaded the heic software; however, my computer does not look for heic extendions. When I search a folder for photos it only looks for the jpg type extensions. How do I ask my computer to also look for heic?...
  7. Finding heic extensions

8. photos with heic extension synced from iphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos with heic extension synced from iphone.: i installed windows 11 and now my iphone photos are syncing with a .heig. I need them .jpeg format to upload. I am a realtor and this is causing me a serious problem....
  9. photos with heic extension synced from iphone.

photos with heic extension synced from iphone.: i installed windows 11 and now my iphone photos are syncing with a .heig. I need them .jpeg format to upload. I am a realtor and this is causing me a serious problem....
  10. Photos can not open .HEIC/HEIF files even the extension is installed

Photos can not open .HEIC/HEIF files even the extension is installed: Hello,I cant open the .heic photos with windows photos app.I downloaded the .HEIF extension from the store.I tried to restart the app several times, under the Settings app. Did not worked.I'm using the latest windows, 20H2 19042.985.What can I do?Thanks in advance....