Windows 10: HEIC file viewing

Discus and support HEIC file viewing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by suedama, Feb 25, 2019.

1. suedama Win User

HEIC file viewing

I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any suggestions?

I have tried converting it to JPG using the APowersoft application but it downloads the file to a location that does not seem to exist on my PC - "...Users/[user name]\AppData\temp...

Thanks.

:)

suedama, Feb 25, 2019

2. HEIC

Hi Edward,

We need more information about your concern. Are you trying to convert and open other image format to HEIC? If yes, a certain program will be needed to open that kind of file, we suggest checking the Windows Store for programs that can convert other image
    format to HEIC. Make sure to download the program with the highest rating and good reviews.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Feb 25, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 and HEIC Files

Hi Nola, Windows 10 does natively support the HEIC file format, that was included in an update a while back as HEIC became a default standard, you have nothing to worry about . . .

DaveM121, Feb 25, 2019
  4. HEIC file viewing

Andre Da Costa, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

HEIC file viewing

1. HEIC file viewing - Similar Threads - HEIC file viewing

2. Photo does not display HEIC files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo does not display HEIC files: Windows 10 Home version 1909 Build 18363.535 Photo version 2019.19081.22010.0 HEIF image extension version 1.0.23292.0 Although all the above is properly installed, Photo does not visualize HEIC files....
  3. HEIC EXTENSION

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEIC EXTENSION: Downloaded pictures from an IPhone7 to an HP but can't view pictures because it has an HEIC extension, help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-extension/785dba60-c0a0-4883-b409-cdc4c929c5fa"
  4. Preview Pane for HEIC files in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane for HEIC files in File Explorer?: Windows 10, Build 18363. Should I be able to use the 'Preview Pane' option in File Explorer for HEIC files? It works fine for .jpg files. However, when I click an HEIC file the preview pane just stays blank. Thanks for any help or advice!...
  5. HEIC files to JPG files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HEIC files to JPG files: How do I convert .HIEC files to .JPG files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-files-to-jpg-files/d2dda092-573f-4619-a020-d9b368e256b0
  6. Need to open file extension HEIC and png.

Need to open file extension HEIC and png.: I can't open an image with a file extension .HEIC and .png. Is there a codecs pack that I can download for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-open-file-extension-heic-and-png/34af9241-e4ef-4df8-91e2-f180b826a7ba"
  7. HEIC files

HEIC files: Within the past couple of weeks, Windows 10 seems to have started to recognise HEIC files. However when I open them in Microsoft photos, the quality is very poor. Has anybody else had this problem . . . and hopefully resolved it?...
  8. HEIC Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEIC Files: I cannot open these files. When I open them it says to install a new codec. When I try to install the new codec, it says that I need to update my Windows. When I try to update Windows it says I am up to date. Please help!...
  9. Windows 10 and HEIC Files

Windows 10 and HEIC Files: Husband's iPhone is uploading both jpg and heic to the cloud. I save any of his family pics to my WIN 10 desktop. After research, it looks like HEIC is the winner for both quality AND size. I don't want to keep saving both, but kind of scared to get rid of the jpgs. Every...
  10. Delete HEIC File Type

Delete HEIC File Type: I've noticed that my windows 10 computer cannot delete HEIC files. When I try and delete them, it seems windows cannot find the files and move them to the trash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-heic-file-type/35286b0e-e34d-4369-b22e-ca971a7a1d23"