Windows 10: HEIC files

Discus and support HEIC files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Within the past couple of weeks, Windows 10 seems to have started to recognise HEIC files. However when I open them in Microsoft photos, the quality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaryFrost1, Apr 15, 2019.

1. HEIC files

Within the past couple of weeks, Windows 10 seems to have started to recognise HEIC files. However when I open them in Microsoft photos, the quality is very poor. Has anybody else had this problem . . . and hopefully resolved it?

:)

MaryFrost1, Apr 15, 2019
  2. suedama Win User

HEIC file viewing

I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any suggestions?

I have tried converting it to JPG using the APowersoft application but it downloads the file to a location that does not seem to exist on my PC - "...Users/[user name]\AppData\temp...

Thanks.

suedama, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Andre for Directly, Apr 15, 2019
  4. HEIC files

HEIC

Hi Edward,

We need more information about your concern. Are you trying to convert and open other image format to HEIC? If yes, a certain program will be needed to open that kind of file, we suggest checking the Windows Store for programs that can convert other image
    format to HEIC. Make sure to download the program with the highest rating and good reviews.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

HEIC files

1. HEIC files - Similar Threads - HEIC files

2. I still can't view HEIC files despite installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions from the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I still can't view HEIC files despite installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions from the...: I installed the Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions and the Video extension too from the Microsoft Store, but when I try to open my HEIC photos it comes up with "Download codecs from Microsoft store"... Is there a fix?...
  3. How to open Apple HEIC file in windows 10 PC?

How to open Apple HEIC file in windows 10 PC?: I have transferred photos and videos from an iPhone X to the Windows 10 laptop but am unable to open the HEIC file. It displays install additional codices to work with this file and download codices at the Microsoft Store. But that extension is not free. Isn’t there a way to...
  4. Need to open file extension HEIC and png.

Need to open file extension HEIC and png.: I can't open an image with a file extension .HEIC and .png. Is there a codecs pack that I can download for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-open-file-extension-heic-and-png/34af9241-e4ef-4df8-91e2-f180b826a7ba"
  5. HEIC file viewing

HEIC file viewing: I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any suggestions? I have tried converting it to JPG using the APowersoft application but it downloads the file to a location...
  6. HEIC Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEIC Files: I cannot open these files. When I open them it says to install a new codec. When I try to install the new codec, it says that I need to update my Windows. When I try to update Windows it says I am up to date. Please help!...
  7. Windows 10 and HEIC Files

Windows 10 and HEIC Files: Husband's iPhone is uploading both jpg and heic to the cloud. I save any of his family pics to my WIN 10 desktop. After research, it looks like HEIC is the winner for both quality AND size. I don't want to keep saving both, but kind of scared to get rid of the jpgs. Every...
  8. how do I open a heic file

how do I open a heic file: How do I open a heic file in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-a-heic-file/835941ec-1fa2-4574-be21-24564b9d4d66"
  9. Delete HEIC File Type

Delete HEIC File Type: I've noticed that my windows 10 computer cannot delete HEIC files. When I try and delete them, it seems windows cannot find the files and move them to the trash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-heic-file-type/35286b0e-e34d-4369-b22e-ca971a7a1d23"
  10. Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions...: Restarted photos app several times and refreshed, but the HEIC files in the same folders as JPG files do not show up in the photos app. They dont even show up as grey/blank photos. The photos are from an iPhoneX and were imported by the photos app. The HEIF files open in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows photos display heic files

2. does windows photos display heic files