Windows 10: HEIC files

Discus and support HEIC files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Within the past couple of weeks, Windows 10 seems to have started to recognise HEIC files. However when I open them in Microsoft photos, the quality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaryFrost1, Apr 15, 2019.

1. HEIC files

Within the past couple of weeks, Windows 10 seems to have started to recognise HEIC files. However when I open them in Microsoft photos, the quality is very poor. Has anybody else had this problem . . . and hopefully resolved it?

:)

MaryFrost1, Apr 15, 2019
  2. suedama Win User

HEIC file viewing

I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any suggestions?

I have tried converting it to JPG using the APowersoft application but it downloads the file to a location that does not seem to exist on my PC - "...Users/[user name]\AppData\temp...

Thanks.

suedama, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Andre for Directly, Apr 15, 2019
  4. HEIC files

HEIC

Hi Edward,

We need more information about your concern. Are you trying to convert and open other image format to HEIC? If yes, a certain program will be needed to open that kind of file, we suggest checking the Windows Store for programs that can convert other image
    format to HEIC. Make sure to download the program with the highest rating and good reviews.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

HEIC files

1. HEIC files - Similar Threads - HEIC files

2. .HEIC file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .HEIC file: How do I make my pc recognize .HEIC file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-file/45bb4fc2-b502-427d-add0-96bbed9cb6ed
  3. Photos will not open HEIC files on Win10, even with HEIF codec installed

Photos will not open HEIC files on Win10, even with HEIF codec installed: OS: Newly purchased Windows 10, fully updated I've installed the HEIF Image Extensions from the Microsoft Store and rebooted my machine. When I try to open a file with .heic extension, Photos just says it can't open the file. [ATTACH] I'm not interested in any third party...
  4. It is possible to open HEIC files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It is possible to open HEIC files?: Need to download a third part. submitted by /u/jlocatell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gi9e03/it_is_possible_to_open_heic_files/
  5. HEIC We can't open this file.

HEIC We can't open this file.: To get the HEIF Image Extensions I went to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/heif-image-extensions/9pmmsr1cgpwg?activetab=pivot:overviewtab > Get. Afterwards it said "This Product is Installed". When I clicked on an HEIC file it launched Photos, but gave the message,...
  6. Photo does not display HEIC files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo does not display HEIC files: Windows 10 Home version 1909 Build 18363.535 Photo version 2019.19081.22010.0 HEIF image extension version 1.0.23292.0 Although all the above is properly installed, Photo does not visualize HEIC files....
  7. Why are my HEIC files low resolution?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why are my HEIC files low resolution?: When I tried to open a HEIC file in Windows 10 build 1903, I was told I needed a new codec from Microsoft. After installation the pictures came out with unacceptably low resolution....
  8. Preview Pane for HEIC files in File Explorer?

Preview Pane for HEIC files in File Explorer?: Windows 10, Build 18363. Should I be able to use the 'Preview Pane' option in File Explorer for HEIC files? It works fine for .jpg files. However, when I click an HEIC file the preview pane just stays blank. Thanks for any help or advice!...
  9. How to open HEIC file in windows desktop

How to open HEIC file in windows desktop: I downloaded photos from i Phone in miccroSD CARD but unable to open. It says download HEIC codecs. The payment option is in US $ whereas I have Debit/Credit card of Indian Rupee. Please guide Avinas Mehta....
  10. Does OneDrive automatically convert HEIC files to jpg's?

Does OneDrive automatically convert HEIC files to jpg's?: Windows 10 Pro Build 18362 I've seen articles describing a Setting in OneDrive for HEIC to JPG conversion. And I've also seen articles that indicate OneDrive does the conversion automatically. Wanted to ask here to get a definitive answer: Does OneDrive automatically...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. miccorsoft photos we cant open this file heic problem

2. MICROSOFT PHOTOS HEIC FILES

3. windows photos display heic files

4. does windows photos display heic files