Windows 10: HEIC / HVEC codecs unreadable in Windows 10.

Discus and support HEIC / HVEC codecs unreadable in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After a recent factory reset on my OS, I started to realize that the newest format for image / video extensions HEIC and HVEC are now not readable by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nowi776, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Nowi776 Win User

HEIC / HVEC codecs unreadable in Windows 10.

After a recent factory reset on my OS, I started to realize that the newest format for image / video extensions HEIC and HVEC are now not readable by Windows 10. I started to use my newer I - Phone SE that always imports content with these extension outputs, I feel stumped as to why it's completely unreadable. Before my computer started to act up, everything was normal and I was able to comfortably edit the HEIC / HVEC files in Filmora Wondershare 9 without any problems. Successfully opened with Windows Media Player, Windows 10 Movies app and even VLC. But now after the factory reset, the files are now no longer unreadable.
    There is a useless codec pack with extreme low reviews that I downloaded in the Microsoft store but that didn't take effect whatsoever.
    Searched the entire internet for codecs that included HEIC and HVEC but to my luck, nothing.
    As an alternate, I'm converting the files to mp4 via VLC and it works fine after opening it with Filmora Wondershare X.
    But there is another hassle to that alternative way since I have so many video files with that extension and it will take hours for conversion on every one of them.
    Final conclusion: Is there a codec pack I can download where Windows 10 can properly recognize HEIC and HVEC extensions?

Thanks,
    HEIC / HVEC codecs unreadable in Windows 10. :)

:)

Nowi776, Feb 26, 2021
  2. LemP Win User

HEIC CODEC info needed

Ask Google --> heic codec windows 7

3. HEIC CODEC info needed

Can you please direct me to site to download a secure/safe CODEC for HEIC items? Thank you very much!

bonnienatalie, Feb 26, 2021
  4. HEIC / HVEC codecs unreadable in Windows 10.

HEIC CODEC info needed

Hello LemP. Thanx for uour reply. I did search Google before sending my question & found multiple links to HEIC-to-JPG extensions or ‘apps’, but none were from sites I’d ever heard of so thought they may not be safe. HOW could i be sure of any of them?

Can you recommend one or more that you know to be safe? A Microsoft support tech said they aren’t permitted to recommend any specific links to help (!))

I wonder, also, why Apple doesnt make/provide a codec that opens HEICs on Windows hardware? They could write it in such a way as to keep it non-hackable, OR just provide it as freeware!

Just not sensible, or fair!

bonnienatalie, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

HEIC / HVEC codecs unreadable in Windows 10.

1. HEIC / HVEC codecs unreadable in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - HEIC HVEC codecs

2. Hvec codec bestand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hvec codec bestand: Voor het afspelen van opnames van mijn dashcam moet ik een HVEC codec bestand downloaden. Via Microsoft lukt dat steeds niet omdat ze de betaling via Ideal niet kunnen verwerken.Weet iemand een andere praktische oplossing?De oplossingen de Microsoft zelf aandraagt werken...
  3. Hvec codec bestand

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hvec codec bestand: Voor het afspelen van opnames van mijn dashcam moet ik een HVEC codec bestand downloaden. Via Microsoft lukt dat steeds niet omdat ze de betaling via Ideal niet kunnen verwerken.Weet iemand een andere praktische oplossing?De oplossingen de Microsoft zelf aandraagt werken...
  4. Hvec codec bestand

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SOLVED - DOWNLOADING HVEC VIDEO CODEC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    SOLVED - DOWNLOADING HVEC VIDEO CODEC: February 21, 2022 Order number 3659634052 HEVC Video Extensions $0.99 Completed Total $1.07 Paid with PayPal *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - HEVC already paid - Reinstalled WIN 10 PRO - Asked to pay again for HEVC License...
  6. HEIC Files not opening despite both Codecs

HEIC Files not opening despite both Codecs: I have installed Windows 10, downloaded the HEVC and HEIC APPXbundle files, installed using Powershell but I still cannot view HEIC files in File Explorer or in Photos or Photo Viewer. If I install CopyTRANS it works but that isn't free for Business.Are there any other tricks...
  7. HEIC Files not opening despite both Codecs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIC Files not opening despite both Codecs: I have installed Windows 10, downloaded the HEVC and HEIC APPXbundle files, installed using Powershell but I still cannot view HEIC files in File Explorer or in Photos or Photo Viewer. If I install CopyTRANS it works but that isn't free for Business.Are there any other tricks...
  8. HEIC COdec for Windows 10 I

HEIC COdec for Windows 10 I: In my Windows 10 I can see hiec images in browsers, but I could not open to edith them Photoshop, programs to make films, etc.... It seems that I need a codec, but I could not find it...
  9. HEIC COdec for Windows 10 I

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIC COdec for Windows 10 I: In my Windows 10 I can see hiec images in browsers, but I could not open to edith them Photoshop, programs to make films, etc.... It seems that I need a codec, but I could not find it...
  10. HEIC COdec for Windows 10 I

in Windows 10 Software and Apps