Windows 10: .heic image compatibility not working

Discus and support .heic image compatibility not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have installed the utility to allow Windows 10 to support the .heic files from an iPhone but the Photos app still cannot open some of them. Either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HairyFool, Jan 7, 2021.

1. HairyFool Win User

.heic image compatibility not working

I have installed the utility to allow Windows 10 to support the .heic files from an iPhone but the Photos app still cannot open some of them.

Either it brings up a message that the file type is not supported or it just shows a blank window.

Occasionally when I step into a photo it flashes up for a second then goes blank.

This is not specifically an issue with the App. If I right click a file and select Print the Windows print dialogue opens but the preview is blank.

:)

HairyFool, Jan 7, 2021

2. HEIC

Hi Edward,

We need more information about your concern. Are you trying to convert and open other image format to HEIC? If yes, a certain program will be needed to open that kind of file, we suggest checking the Windows Store for programs that can convert other image
    format to HEIC. Make sure to download the program with the highest rating and good reviews.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Jan 7, 2021
  3. gammonGo Win User
    How to view Apple's .HEIC pictures

Tried resetting (twice). It did not work.

I also tried uninstalling (so that I could reinstall). But that doesn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

saple1.heic did not work either.

.heic image compatibility not working [​IMG]

I'm trying to avoid installing Irfan or the other suggestions. I may end up liking that. But I don't need any high end image applications and I don't want too much clutter. As it stands, systems nowadays already have multiple applications which try to vie for each file type and I want to stick to one or the other, preferably the defaults. But it looks like I may have to do so.

gammonGo, Jan 7, 2021
  4. suedama Win User

HEIC file viewing

I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any suggestions?

I have tried converting it to JPG using the APowersoft application but it downloads the file to a location that does not seem to exist on my PC - "...Users/[user name]\AppData\temp...

Thanks.

suedama, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

1. .heic image compatibility not working - Similar Threads - heic image compatibility

2. HEIF/HEIC image not automatically converted to JPG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIF/HEIC image not automatically converted to JPG: i am using iphone with latest ios.in that there is setting of automatically change image format while transferring to pc.in windows 11 while i transfer images, it's not automatically converted to jpg.while in windows 10 it was converting.HEIF/HEIC image not automatically...
  3. HEIF/HEIC image not automatically converted to JPG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEIF/HEIC image not automatically converted to JPG: i am using iphone with latest ios.in that there is setting of automatically change image format while transferring to pc.in windows 11 while i transfer images, it's not automatically converted to jpg.while in windows 10 it was converting.HEIF/HEIC image not automatically...
  4. HEIC File .HEIC download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIC File .HEIC download: need HEIC add on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-file-heic-download/c257654c-cb9a-4939-9f05-8608ea15edbf
  5. HEIC File .HEIC download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HEIC File .HEIC download: need HEIC add on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-file-heic-download/c257654c-cb9a-4939-9f05-8608ea15edbf
  6. HEIC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HEIC: HIhow to i convert a HEIC file to a JPEG file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic/68cb28a0-6f29-413e-96cb-a4fbd8ce6f57
  7. HEIC images fuzzy using HEIF image extensions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HEIC images fuzzy using HEIF image extensions: iphone has moved to using HEIC for the image format so now they have to be converted before you can view them on a PC. I have downloaded the HEIF Image Extensions app by Microsoft from the App Store but when I use it although the thumbnails I can view look fine when I open...
  8. HEIC Image Viewer - Support Converter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIC Image Viewer - Support Converter: Hello Community, I would like to know if there are Release Notes and Installation Instructions for HEIC Image Viewer - Support Converter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-image-viewer-support-converter/ca5ae1a0-e3ae-4d0c-a746-ba920a831d62"
  9. HEIC images from IPhone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIC images from IPhone: I installed the HEIF-extension but still i can´t open imagefiles from my IPhone with the .HEIC extention. Can´t see how to uninstall for reinstallation. Is there sombody who can help?...
  10. Cannot install HEIC image extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot install HEIC image extensions: Hi, I am having trouble getting the HEIC image extensions to install to my PC. On selecting this app from the Microsoft store, I clicked on the Install button, and selected the two PCs I want to install them on. Nothing happens. The Install button is now greyed out but...