Windows 10: HEIC photos not opening in Windows 10 1909 Fresh Install

Discus and support HEIC photos not opening in Windows 10 1909 Fresh Install in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm having an issue where all HEIC photos will not open in a fresh install of Windows 10 1909. I've confirmed that the HEIF Image Extensions app is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RussellG_19, Jan 16, 2020.

1. HEIC photos not opening in Windows 10 1909 Fresh Install

I'm having an issue where all HEIC photos will not open in a fresh install of Windows 10 1909. I've confirmed that the HEIF Image Extensions app is installed.

I've gone through the usual troubleshooting steps of resetting the Photos and HEIF image Extensions apps to no avail. I even went as far as running Powershell to uninstall the apps, and again the issue persists.

Are there any additional troubleshooting steps I can take?

Thanks for any help.

Russell

:)

RussellG_19, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 16, 2020
  3. coody Win User
    How to open Apple HEIC file in windows 10 PC?

I have transferred photos and videos from an iPhone X to the Windows 10 laptop but am unable to open the HEIC file. It displays
    install additional codices to work with this file and download codices at the Microsoft Store. But that extension is not free. Isn’t there a way to open the Apple HEIC and MOV files in Windows 10 for free, or I should download a tool from
    the Apple Store to open the HEIC and MOV files in Windows 10 PC? Thank you for your help.

coody, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

HEIC photos not opening in Windows 10 1909 Fresh Install

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

HEIC photos not opening in Windows 10 1909 Fresh Install

1. HEIC photos not opening in Windows 10 1909 Fresh Install - Similar Threads - HEIC photos opening

2. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIC photos: Good day!I would like to ask for assistance regarding HEIC photos.I already have the HEIF and HEIV extensions but I still cannot open these HEIC photos.I tried to uninstall then reinstall the extensions but I am still encountering the same issue.HEIF - 1.0.61171.0HEVC -...
  3. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIC photos: Good day!I would like to ask for assistance regarding HEIC photos.I already have the HEIF and HEIV extensions but I still cannot open these HEIC photos.I tried to uninstall then reinstall the extensions but I am still encountering the same issue.HEIF - 1.0.61171.0HEVC -...
  4. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Opening HEIC files on photos

Opening HEIC files on photos: Hi, I have a problem when opening HEIC photo files. I have the extension from Microsoft installed. Hope you can help.Thanks,Ethan Lam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-heic-files-on-photos/1b154ecc-aec9-4eaa-b33d-3a87fdeeea0e
  6. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEIC photos: How to view and download codecs on Windows. The computer says I own it but won't download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-photos/da1b3de8-29c2-4717-8577-db94adcb688b
  7. Cannot open HEIC files with fresh install of Winows 10 20H2

Cannot open HEIC files with fresh install of Winows 10 20H2: I have just installed Winows 10 ver 20H2 as a clean install, not an update, on a new drive. When I try to open a HEIC file I get the error message: "We can't open this file" in Photos. I have gone to the MS Store and Launched the HEIF Image Extensions, still will not open....
  8. Unable to open HEIC files in Microsoft Photos...

Unable to open HEIC files in Microsoft Photos...: I went to the app store to load HEIF Image Extensions with no problem, then went on to read in description that it also requires the HEVC Video extensions in order to read the HEIC files in Microsoft photos, the issue is that when i go to the app store it says HEVC Video...
  9. Freshly installed Windows 1909 freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freshly installed Windows 1909 freezes: I’ve just installed Windows 10, 1909 using the USB flash drive. But most often my PC is not booting in the login screen because it freezes at the start. So it is impossible even unlock my computer. If it manages to get to the login screen, it freezes. Sometimes I am able to...
  10. heic photos

heic photos: Hello and thank you for taking my question. I sell on ebay for a living and I just got a new laptop so I could import my photos faster from my iPhone to my PC via OneDrive and then into my ebay listings. However, my photos did not change from heic to jpeg. 6 of about 600...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. heic eindows 10 1909

2. open heic file windows 10 1909

3. windows 10 1909 user account photos

4. heic 1909 we cant open file,
  5. heic support in windows 10 pro 1909