Windows 10: HEIC photos

Discus and support HEIC photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good day!I would like to ask for assistance regarding HEIC photos.I already have the HEIF and HEIV extensions but I still cannot open these HEIC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RchardG, May 28, 2023.

1. RchardG Win User

HEIC photos

Good day!I would like to ask for assistance regarding HEIC photos.I already have the HEIF and HEIV extensions but I still cannot open these HEIC photos.I tried to uninstall then reinstall the extensions but I am still encountering the same issue.HEIF - 1.0.61171.0HEVC - 2.0.6.61302.0Windows 10 Pro N

:)

RchardG, May 28, 2023
  2. Flo2021 Win User

.heic in Windows

Hi Sumit, thanks for the reply.

Your suggestion is another viewer for the .heic format, which I will go for if I need to do Batch Conversions.

My main, rather pressing, question is more towards a blanket add-on for all other software/programmes/Apps that do already read .jpg, .png, .gif (and so on). How can .heic be added to the list of file formats for all of them? Or is that a matter of the software producer, on a one-by-one basis? Like I mentioned before, I use a 'very small' cataloguing software which incorporates photos and the programmer/software owner replied that it is a matter of Windows and not individual software.

Am I on the right track to understand this?

Cheers, Flo

Flo2021, May 28, 2023
  3. heic photos

Hello and thank you for taking my question. I sell on ebay for a living and I just got a new laptop so I could import my photos faster from my iPhone to my PC via OneDrive and then into my ebay listings. However, my photos did not change from heic to jpeg.
    6 of about 600 changed but they weren't my actual photos that I took on my iPhone. I'm still in the learning phase. Did I miss something? Thanks much!

PS I don't know what OneDrive cloud storage is associate with so I'm not sure which category to choose from the dropdown menu.

* Moved from Education

PatriciaRausch, May 28, 2023
  4. HEIC photos

Help with .HEIC format photos.

As for me, this link says: HEIC Image Viewer is a widely used tool to view, print, convert photos, pictures and images.

Please try to find HEIC in Microsoft Store.

Igor Leyko, May 28, 2023
Thema:

HEIC photos

1. HEIC photos - Similar Threads - HEIC photos

2. How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...: I use tags, comments, subject, author, and ratings to organize by photos 20K, most of which are from my iPhone. With the HEIC file type which I would prefer to use I cannot add "tags", "subject", or "author" ... so, my whole organization scheme fails. I cannot find any way to...
  3. How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...: I use tags, comments, subject, author, and ratings to organize by photos 20K, most of which are from my iPhone. With the HEIC file type which I would prefer to use I cannot add "tags", "subject", or "author" ... so, my whole organization scheme fails. I cannot find any way to...
  4. How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Converting HEIC Formatted Photos/Videos on Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting HEIC Formatted Photos/Videos on Windows 11 PC: My wife took a bunch of videos and pictures with her new iPhone 15 Pro Max on a recent cruise. We were not savvy enough to format the camera to "Most Compatible" so she took everything in HEIC. Yesterday she downloaded everything to our PC. To our surprise : - , most will not...
  6. Converting HEIC Formatted Photos/Videos on Windows 11 PC

Converting HEIC Formatted Photos/Videos on Windows 11 PC: My wife took a bunch of videos and pictures with her new iPhone 15 Pro Max on a recent cruise. We were not savvy enough to format the camera to "Most Compatible" so she took everything in HEIC. Yesterday she downloaded everything to our PC. To our surprise : - , most will not...
  7. Can I bulk convert heic images to png with photos app on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I bulk convert heic images to png with photos app on Windows 11?: Recently switched from a MacBook Pro to a Windows 11 laptop. The overall experience with Win11 is great. However, there is a minor issue I need some assistance from Microsoft community.I have a iPhone 14 Pro Max and it is easy to open and convert heic images to png on my Mac...
  8. Can I bulk convert heic images to png with photos app on Windows 11?

Can I bulk convert heic images to png with photos app on Windows 11?: Recently switched from a MacBook Pro to a Windows 11 laptop. The overall experience with Win11 is great. However, there is a minor issue I need some assistance from Microsoft community.I have a iPhone 14 Pro Max and it is easy to open and convert heic images to png on my Mac...
  9. Why is Microsoft photos showing this when I try to open an image with .HEIC extension: "The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft photos showing this when I try to open an image with .HEIC extension: "The...: Then I go to Microsoft Store and the HEVC Video Extensions is charging $0.99 to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-photos-showing-this-when-i-try-to/dfce272f-f3c4-488b-bbf9-427db5a9f870
  10. Why is Microsoft photos showing this when I try to open an image with .HEIC extension: "The...

Why is Microsoft photos showing this when I try to open an image with .HEIC extension: "The...: Then I go to Microsoft Store and the HEVC Video Extensions is charging $0.99 to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-photos-showing-this-when-i-try-to/dfce272f-f3c4-488b-bbf9-427db5a9f870