Windows 10: HEIF AND HEVC Media Extensions

Discus and support HEIF AND HEVC Media Extensions in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I purchased the above mentioned extensions from Microsoft and got a message from them saying they were attempting to install them on 3 of my pc's. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Mylobotomy, Feb 20, 2019.

1. HEIF AND HEVC Media Extensions

I purchased the above mentioned extensions from Microsoft and got a message from them saying they were attempting to install them on 3 of my pc's.

I haven't heard anything in half an hour. How do i tell if they are installed.

:)

Mylobotomy, Feb 20, 2019
  2. mama_nerd Win User

heif image extension - windows 10 1803

I tried to download the image exension from the microsoft store for both hevc and heif. The hevc one installed, but the heif image extension says i own it, it won't let me uninstall it, but it shows an ! in the store entry, and it doesn't work.

It does not show up in the apps listing nor in the control panel programs and features... I can't view HEIC files, it gives a link to download the "codec" from the microsoft store, which doesn't work.

I have a different windows 10 machine where these work fine... it's my main production machine that is failing.

I don't know what to try next.

mama_nerd, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Ronit B Win User
    Opening HEIF files and HEVC Videos on Windows 10

Very impressed with Apple being the first to adopt HEIF and HEVC on iOS 11. Only problem is, no other platform seems to support it as of now.

Even though HEVC is supported on Windows 10 out of the box, the videos don't actually plan in any app on Windows 10.

HEIF is not supported at all.

Does anyone know of any apps or programs that would let me play HEIF and iOS 11 HEVC videos on Windows? Or maybe a codec pack?

Note: I do not want to convert these images and videos while exporting to Windows; want to keep them in their native formats.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

Ronit B, Feb 20, 2019
  4. HEIF AND HEVC Media Extensions

Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions and HEIF Image Extensions

Restarted photos app several times and refreshed, but the HEIC files in the same folders as JPG files do not show up in the photos app. They dont even show up as grey/blank photos. The photos are from an iPhoneX and were imported by the photos app.

The HEIF files open in the photos app when i double click on the files and windows explorer also successfully shows the preview for the files.

I am running the latest windows 10 (regular channel) and installed the recommended HEVC and HEIF apps yesterday from the app store. I have also restarted the PC after installing the HEVC/HEIF apps. Hardware is Dell Precision tower 5810.

Not sure how to proceed.

Thank you

swingingsultan, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

HEIF AND HEVC Media Extensions

1. HEIF AND HEVC Media Extensions - Similar Threads - HEIF HEVC Media

2. HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions cannot be installed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions cannot be installed.: HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions cannot be installed. Just refund https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heif-and-hevc-media-extensions-cannot-be-installed/1bba18fb-3884-4d91-8afd-6167bba1676a
  3. HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions cannot be installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions cannot be installed.: HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions cannot be installed. Just refund https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heif-and-hevc-media-extensions-cannot-be-installed/1bba18fb-3884-4d91-8afd-6167bba1676a
  4. HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions cannot be installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ฉันไม่สามารถติดตั้ง HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions ได้

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ฉันไม่สามารถติดตั้ง HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions ได้: ฉันไม่สามารถติดตั้ง HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions ได้ ฉันสามารถขอเงินคืนจำนวน 0.99 ได้ไหม https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E0%B8%89%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%AA/5479055f-10b0-4fff-8ceb-f66e1282867a
  6. ฉันไม่สามารถติดตั้ง HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions ได้

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ฉันไม่สามารถติดตั้ง HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions ได้: ฉันไม่สามารถติดตั้ง HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions ได้ ฉันสามารถขอเงินคืนจำนวน 0.99 ได้ไหม https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E0%B8%89%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%AA/5479055f-10b0-4fff-8ceb-f66e1282867a
  7. ฉันไม่สามารถติดตั้ง HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions ได้

8. HEVC Video Extensions and HEIF Image Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEVC Video Extensions and HEIF Image Extensions: I installed the HEVC video extensions and I also installed the HEIF image extensions.I still can't open HIF files.I couldn't find a way to contact MS support for MS-Store apps!...
  9. HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions

HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions: Bought these and cant find them. When i go to my purchase, it says it was already installed on my PC. When i click "Launch", it brings me to the "movie & TV" page and nothing shows....
  10. How to download HEIF and HEVC Media extensions

How to download HEIF and HEVC Media extensions: I bought this app from Microsoft so I could open photos from a cell phone. I can not find the app to install. How do I put this on my computer. Nothing came up to install or open it. ***Original title: HEIF and HEVC Media Extention app***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. heif and hevc media extensions

2. hei f and hevc media extensions

3. heif and hevc media extensiones

4. Heif and hevc media extension,
  5. hei f and hevc media extensions download,
  6. hevc video extensions download free,
  7. uninstall web image extensions,
  8. hevc video extension windows 10 download,
  9. my hevc extension wont work,
  10. heif media extension download,
  11. heif and hevc media image extensions,