Windows 10: HEIF and HIF files not showing/appearing in explorer or any other app

Discus and support HEIF and HIF files not showing/appearing in explorer or any other app in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Morning all, I have a canon R6 and have installed all proprietary software..... I have installed the HEIF Codec and all updates to windows.Yet I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by StephenReece2, Jan 25, 2022.

1. HEIF and HIF files not showing/appearing in explorer or any other app

Morning all, I have a canon R6 and have installed all proprietary software..... I have installed the HEIF Codec and all updates to windows.Yet I can't see HEIF or HEF/HIF images in file explorer or any other software package and i've installed a lot of free-opensource image viewers.All images are visable in camera so aren't corrupted.

:)

StephenReece2, Jan 25, 2022

2. Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions and HEIF Image Extensions

Restarted photos app several times and refreshed, but the HEIC files in the same folders as JPG files do not show up in the photos app. They dont even show up as grey/blank photos. The photos are from an iPhoneX and were imported by the photos app.

The HEIF files open in the photos app when i double click on the files and windows explorer also successfully shows the preview for the files.

I am running the latest windows 10 (regular channel) and installed the recommended HEVC and HEIF apps yesterday from the app store. I have also restarted the PC after installing the HEVC/HEIF apps. Hardware is Dell Precision tower 5810.

Not sure how to proceed.

Thank you

swingingsultan, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    HEIF Image Extensions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community

High Efficiency Image File (HEIF) format is used for photos to keep down file sizes. It can also use the codes like HEVC to significantly improve file compression, while providing a netter image quality. I would request you to install the codecs:

HEIF Image Extensions
    and

HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer

If you are having issues installing like you mentioned query, I would suggestion you to follow the troubleshooting steps provided here:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jan 25, 2022
  4. Clayto222 Win User

HEIF and HIF files not showing/appearing in explorer or any other app

Nothing shows in file explorer apps

I have several apps for exploring Folders and Files on my new Lumia 435. All of them show the same malfunction, that is they dont show anything apart from the Catagories such as Apps,Documents, Downloads ,etc. It suggests there is nothing on my phone, not
    even Windows 8.1 itself. Whereas in fact I have downloaded quite a lot of apps in the past couple of weeks but they do not appear in either Apps or Downloads.

There is one exception, Pictures. The few photos I have taken, to try out the cameras, are here and open when clicked.

I have added as a Category, or shortcut, my SD Memory Card. Apparantly there is nothing there, although I have downloaded nearly all of my Apps to the card, including the file explorers themselves. All that is shown is the amount of storage, used and unused.

The explorer apps I am using include Aerize Explorer. Media Explorer, Files&Folders. How do I get them populated with my files?

Clayto222, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

HEIF and HIF files not showing/appearing in explorer or any other app

1. HEIF and HIF files not showing/appearing in explorer or any other app - Similar Threads - HEIF HIF files

2. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  3. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  4. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer: This problem started half a year ago, my explorer was bugging out and i thought, oh it'll just go away on its own, it did not, explorer keeps showing and endlessly loading green bar at the top of my window, and i cannot access any files at all, here is a picture of the...
  6. Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer: This problem started half a year ago, my explorer was bugging out and i thought, oh it'll just go away on its own, it did not, explorer keeps showing and endlessly loading green bar at the top of my window, and i cannot access any files at all, here is a picture of the...
  7. Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer

8. HEIF and HIF files not showing/appearing in explorer or any other app

HEIF and HIF files not showing/appearing in explorer or any other app: Morning all, I have a canon R6 and have installed all proprietary software..... I have installed the HEIF Codec and all updates to windows.Yet I can't see HEIF or HEF/HIF images in file explorer or any other software package and i've installed a lot of free-opensource image...
  9. HEIF Image Extensions app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIF Image Extensions app: Downloaded this app along along with HEVC Video Extension app from the MS store. Haven't been able to open either one although they show up as being installed. Tried resetting both and still can't get them to work....
  10. Opening the windows explorer, or any other windows apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening the windows explorer, or any other windows apps: I recently updated my windows 10 KB4541738 and after the update, windows is not opening as intended. Windows apps are not opening, explorer does not open even when manually running it, settings doesn't open at any way, and also creating another user is unavailable. Tried...