Windows 10: Heirarchy of Music folders doesn't work properly with VLC player.

Discus and support Heirarchy of Music folders doesn't work properly with VLC player. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version 1903 Note: I'm using "Music" in quotes to refer to the Win 10 official music folder. It has a musical note on the folder image. Moved my music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kupuna, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Kupuna Win User

Heirarchy of Music folders doesn't work properly with VLC player.

Version 1903
    Note: I'm using "Music" in quotes to refer to the Win 10 official music folder. It has a musical note on the folder image.

Moved my music to consolidate on D: drive. Copied folders into top level of D:
    Realized that VLC (my main music player) is programmed only to open in the "official" Win 10 "Music" folder. Moved the "Music" folder onto D: .
    The problem: Since the Win10 "Music" folder is the target for VLC, it is at the same level in the folder hierarchy as all the other folders in the drive. Because of that, I can not get VLC to open another folder. It seems to be locked into the contents of the "Music" folder.
    I'd like to find a way to move the other folders "into" or 'below" (in a parent/child sense) the "Music" folder. Then, I think I could use VLC to let me reach all the other folders in the drive.
    Does this concept make sense? Any other ideas about re-establishing a parent/child setup on this drive?

:)

Kupuna, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Kupuna Win User

File and folder heirarchy problem

Trying to consolidate music files on a SSD. First picture shows top file heirarchy (DHeirarchy of Music folders doesn't work properly with VLC player. :) Second pix shows result when clicking on file selected in pix 1. Third pix shows result of clicking on folder in pix 2. No tracks appear in pix 3.
    I can play the files in the folder of pix 2 by right-click and "play with VLC". VLC shows and plays all the tracks in the pix 2 folder.
    Why can't I see the tracks contained in the folder?

Heirarchy of Music folders doesn't work properly with VLC player. [​IMG]

Kupuna, Nov 4, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Heirarchy of Music folders doesn't work properly with VLC player.

AlienIsGOD, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Heirarchy of Music folders doesn't work properly with VLC player.

1. Heirarchy of Music folders doesn't work properly with VLC player. - Similar Threads - Heirarchy Music folders

2. VLC Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC Player: I am not sure whether this is a Windows 10 issue or VLC player, which is why I ask the question here. I have a number of PC's and on each one when I full-screen VLC player on all the PC's except one, the taskbar is not visible. On one it is visible though. As far as I am...
  3. VLC Media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    VLC Media player: why won't my VTS_01_1.VOB file play in VLC Media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/d7a3507c-2beb-43dd-99ce-3e3a566e886d"
  4. File and folder heirarchy problem

in Windows 10 Support
    File and folder heirarchy problem: Trying to consolidate music files on a SSD. First picture shows top file heirarchy (D:) Second pix shows result when clicking on file selected in pix 1. Third pix shows result of clicking on folder in pix 2. No tracks appear in pix 3. I can play the files in the folder of pix...
  5. VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC Media Player: Have been using VLC Media Player to play DVD's, but now it doesn't recognize that there is a DVD in the drive. Drive will play CD's but doesn't recognize DVD's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/5e2d37b9-cb75-445b-bfa8-8f0a943ba752
  6. Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder

Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder: Hi What happens is the following: for exemple, if have a song named MUSIC FILE NAME and i change it in Windows Media Player to Music File Name the song info and music file name in the music libary folder won't change accordingly. Is this working as intended for being a...
  7. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: How do I safely Uninstall VLC Media Player from Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/vlc-media-player/f6e14894-efaa-4b54-af55-95393646f2d0
  8. VLC PLAYER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC PLAYER: When I open the files through VLC the video is running from top to bottom of the screen and I can't find anywhere to rotate it or another way to open the files. The files are in .VOB format....
  9. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: Using this 3rd party player in windows10 ,seems like a good player for DVD's. The only problem I'm having is it will not play the previews on a dvd? Does anyone use this player and is it possible to play the previews. 32620
  10. VLC Media Player Question?

VLC Media Player Question?: Ok I know its a lot harder to change file type icons in windows 10 then in other versions of windows like the 8 or 8.1. So I was wondering if its possible to just change the file types for a specific program or through the program. For example I'm using the vlc media...