Hell Freezes Over: Users Now Want the Start Screen in...

Discus and support Hell Freezes Over: Users Now Want the Start Screen in... in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; If you’re a long-time Windows user, you most likely know that, when Windows 8 came out, the whole world was complaining that Microsoft removed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Dec 21, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

More

:)

labeeman, Dec 21, 2014
  2. Deke Ryan Win User

Microsoft designer hotkeys not working after sleep

Probably when HELL freezes over!

Deke Ryan, Dec 21, 2014
  3. rayford crowder Win User
    How do I open the printer command with windows 10?

I have been through hell and back trying to get this printer started up that I don't want to have to start over.

rayford crowder, Dec 21, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I'm not surprised at all. But I wonder if you can take the 4,500 votes for the start screen as a majority wanting/needing it in Win10. I know that there are people who do need it but I would want to see it(start screen) as an option in addition to the new start menu.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Dec 21, 2014
  5. Winuser Win User
    IMO I think MS should give us a choice between the start screen and start menu. If MS had given us a choice in 8, it would have been better accepted.

Winuser, Dec 21, 2014
  6. labeeman Win User
    If that had happen we would not be looking at Windows 10 for a few more years.

labeeman, Dec 21, 2014
  7. Rickkins Win User
    Yea, I'm gonna have to call horse ploppy on this one...

Rickkins, Dec 21, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Care to elaborate??

BunnyJ, Dec 21, 2014
  9. ThrashZone Win User
    With the start menu the way it is Microsoft might as well abandoned the attempt to bring it back,
    There are no real options putting icons on it makes no sense,
    Welding Bing search default on it really makes no sense :/
    All we/ I have ever asked for were options to change the freaky defaults I don't believe that's an unreasonable request ?

ThrashZone, Dec 21, 2014
  10. Edwin New Member
    labeeman, must you open this can of worms again?! *Wink*Wink*Wink

Edwin, Dec 21, 2014
  11. Arelem Win User
    That 4500 vote are amongst a technical few that have downloaded and installed the preview, thus giving them the privilege to "vote". If the voting were open to all users, not just these technical few, I'm pretty sure it would be a very different result.

Arelem, Dec 22, 2014
  12. labeeman Win User
    I did not open it Softpedia did. 4500 votes is only .3% of windows 10 testers not a very big vote.

labeeman, Dec 22, 2014
  13. Edwin New Member

I hear ya! *Smile

Edwin, Dec 22, 2014
  14. MikeHawthorne Win User
    Hi

I haven't changed my mind, I much prefer the traditional start menu with it's improvements for Windows 10 to the very inefficient Metro screen.

How inefficient it is depends on how you use your computer, (I ended up with over 400 icons!) but for me is was a pain.

I installed Classic Shell and ignored it.

I especially like having the right click options on the new Start Button.

I haven't had any desire to install Classic Shell in Windows 10 and I use it the way it was designed, (with the exception of adding Rocketdock which I've used on every OS I've used for many years).

I don't see why they couldn't offer the Metro screen for those who want it.
    It will obviously still be the interface on touch screens.

But I'm happy to never see it again on a PC.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Dec 22, 2014
  15. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Dec 22, 2014
Thema:

Hell Freezes Over: Users Now Want the Start Screen in... - Similar Threads - Hell Freezes Users

1. Not This Again Re: What Fresh Hell Is This...

in Windows 10 News
    Not This Again Re: What Fresh Hell Is This...: Microsoft pushing Win10 version 1803 to PCs specifically set to avoid it We saw it happen three times with Win10 1709. Now we’re getting reports of Win10 1803 being pushed to Pro PCs with “branch readiness” set to Semi-Annual Channel -- the setting that’s supposed to...
  2. Update hell & goodbye MS

in Windows 10 News
    Update hell & goodbye MS: Hi folks This is more of a report than a query.When Windows 10 insisted itself on to our PCs we were given to understandthat updates would be forced rather than optional.All well & good if greater security & stability is the payoff. But it didn't work out quite like that...
  3. Windows 10 Automatic Driver Updates Hell Corner

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Automatic Driver Updates Hell Corner: So it's been a month that i have been having a glitching windows that i have been clueless at first of why it is doing that , been having "Stub" errors on running anything that requires administrative rights from first go then works from the second go , at first received...
  4. Microsoft Store Hell Corner

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store Hell Corner: I have 2 laptops running windows 10 version 1709 that managed to develop issues almost the same time : Laptop 1 : Lately managed to hide a lot of store apps icons and tiles from start menu but I can still run them from store itself also leaving at the bottom of start...
  5. Windows 10 users should check the Telemetry Re: What Fresh Hell Is...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 users should check the Telemetry Re: What Fresh Hell Is...: Windows 10 users should check the Telemetry Re: What Fresh Hell Is This Re: MS Version 1709?? @lehnerus2000 pointed me to this article "Report: Forced Windows 10 version 1709 upgrades that bypass Windows Update" https://www.ghacks.net/2018/03/08/re...indows-update/ in...
  6. What Fresh Hell Is This Re: MS Version 1709??

in Windows 10 News
    What Fresh Hell Is This Re: MS Version 1709??: When I plugged in and booted up this morning I was greeted with this "Your Device Needs The Latest Security Updates." Imgur I have been on 1703 (win 10 pro) since I got the machine in early Dec. The culprit that started this unwanted and unstoppable upgrade appears to...
  7. 3GP Hell, It won't go away!

in Windows 10 News
    3GP Hell, It won't go away!: i'm having a real annoying problem with a 3gp file keeps downloading automatically everytime i start my Win 10 system. so everytime i start my pc this 3gp file keeps downloading and playing automatically every time i start my pc.. and it also saves itself to appdata/temp...
Hell Freezes Over: Users Now Want the Start Screen in... solved