Windows 10: Hell Freezes Over: Users Now Want the Start Screen in...

Discus and support Hell Freezes Over: Users Now Want the Start Screen in... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you’re a long-time Windows user, you most likely know that, when Windows 8 came out, the whole world was complaining that Microsoft removed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Dec 21, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Hell Freezes Over: Users Now Want the Start Screen in...

More

:)

labeeman, Dec 21, 2014
  2. Deke Ryan Win User

Microsoft designer hotkeys not working after sleep

Probably when HELL freezes over!

Deke Ryan, Dec 21, 2014
  3. How do I open the printer command with windows 10?

I have been through hell and back trying to get this printer started up that I don't want to have to start over.

rayford crowder, Dec 21, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I'm not surprised at all. But I wonder if you can take the 4,500 votes for the start screen as a majority wanting/needing it in Win10. I know that there are people who do need it but I would want to see it(start screen) as an option in addition to the new start menu.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Dec 21, 2014
  5. Winuser Win User
    IMO I think MS should give us a choice between the start screen and start menu. If MS had given us a choice in 8, it would have been better accepted.

Winuser, Dec 21, 2014
  6. labeeman Win User
    If that had happen we would not be looking at Windows 10 for a few more years.

labeeman, Dec 21, 2014
  7. Rickkins Win User
    Yea, I'm gonna have to call horse ploppy on this one...

Rickkins, Dec 21, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Care to elaborate??

BunnyJ, Dec 21, 2014
  9. With the start menu the way it is Microsoft might as well abandoned the attempt to bring it back,
    There are no real options putting icons on it makes no sense,
    Welding Bing search default on it really makes no sense :/
    All we/ I have ever asked for were options to change the freaky defaults I don't believe that's an unreasonable request ?

ThrashZone, Dec 21, 2014
  10. Edwin New Member
    labeeman, must you open this can of worms again?! *Wink*Wink*Wink

Edwin, Dec 21, 2014
  11. Arelem Win User
    That 4500 vote are amongst a technical few that have downloaded and installed the preview, thus giving them the privilege to "vote". If the voting were open to all users, not just these technical few, I'm pretty sure it would be a very different result.

Arelem, Dec 21, 2014
  12. labeeman Win User
    I did not open it Softpedia did. 4500 votes is only .3% of windows 10 testers not a very big vote.

labeeman, Dec 21, 2014
  13. Edwin New Member

I hear ya! *Smile

Edwin, Dec 21, 2014
  14. Hi

I haven't changed my mind, I much prefer the traditional start menu with it's improvements for Windows 10 to the very inefficient Metro screen.

How inefficient it is depends on how you use your computer, (I ended up with over 400 icons!) but for me is was a pain.

I installed Classic Shell and ignored it.

I especially like having the right click options on the new Start Button.

I haven't had any desire to install Classic Shell in Windows 10 and I use it the way it was designed, (with the exception of adding Rocketdock which I've used on every OS I've used for many years).

I don't see why they couldn't offer the Metro screen for those who want it.
    It will obviously still be the interface on touch screens.

But I'm happy to never see it again on a PC.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Dec 21, 2014
  15. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Dec 21, 2014
Thema:

1. Hell Freezes Over: Users Now Want the Start Screen in... - Similar Threads - Hell Freezes Users

2. PC now starts randomly freezes or randomly starts restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC now starts randomly freezes or randomly starts restarting: As the question stated, the PC either or just freezes or just randomly restarts. Been googling this on my brothers PC, could be a disk issue or a virus. We used HDTune to test the disk errors and there were 0 errors, this was done on safemode without networking since I was...
  3. PC now starts randomly freezes or randomly starts restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC now starts randomly freezes or randomly starts restarting: As the question stated, the PC either or just freezes or just randomly restarts. Been googling this on my brothers PC, could be a disk issue or a virus. We used HDTune to test the disk errors and there were 0 errors, this was done on safemode without networking since I was...
  4. PC now starts randomly freezes or randomly starts restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. blue screen hell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen hell: My pc keeps blue screening. it wont create a meomory dump file although i have all the settings. i believe its because it doesnt get the chance. when my pc blue screen it freezes on the bluescreen "screen" for about 1 second. the screen is faded so im assuming it didnt load....
  6. blue screen hell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blue screen hell: My pc keeps blue screening. it wont create a meomory dump file although i have all the settings. i believe its because it doesnt get the chance. when my pc blue screen it freezes on the bluescreen "screen" for about 1 second. the screen is faded so im assuming it didnt load....
  7. Rogue Start screen takes over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rogue Start screen takes over: since last update, the Start screen takes over even when I want to go to another site, like email. And if they are open, when I try to move from one to another, Start shows up and shuts them down. I've tried turning off stuff under settings, but it still makes me lose work....
  8. I want to reset and start my PC over again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to reset and start my PC over again: I want to reset and start my PC over again. Should I Fresh Start or Reset PC? My Wondows 10 says it is activated with a digital liscence linked to my Microsoft account. I Don't need to keep any of my files, i already backed them up. I don't need to save my settings either....
  9. start screen two users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    start screen two users: how do I set the start screen to have two users with or without log ins? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-screen-two-users/e2c145f2-0595-48c4-9983-c70f44bf8d7e"
  10. Starting over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Starting over: I recently upgraded to Win 10 and did something that wasn't too bright. I did the SFC / scannow in the prompt and got the "corrupt files but wasn't able to fix them all" after it was finished. I looked into doing the advanced restart to fix it but thought better about doing...