Windows 10: Hello! After a recent update, I found that the hibernate option disappeared after windows...

Discus and support Hello! After a recent update, I found that the hibernate option disappeared after windows... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know how to enable the hibernate option via Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings and select "change the settings that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Narada PriyaDas, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Hello! After a recent update, I found that the hibernate option disappeared after windows...

I know how to enable the hibernate option via Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings and select "change the settings that are currently unable"Then finally check the box next to "Hibernate" option. However that option itself disappeared. Did Microsoft decide to get rid of it? This laptop does not go to sleep without external power. I need hibernate option. Please let me know if that will be possible. I have read other posts on this and those tricks are not working.

:)

Narada PriyaDas, Sep 29, 2022
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Add Hibernate option to Start Menu

Hi,

Just for clarification, why you can not check the Hibernate option in Settings? Is it grayed out?

For now, we suggest that you perform Power troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press Enter.
    • In the Troubleshooting window, click View All on the left pane.
    • Select Power.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Kindly update us on the result.

Marby Rey, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Hello! After a recent update, I found that the hibernate option disappeared after windows...

hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Hello! After a recent update, I found that the hibernate option disappeared after windows...

1. Hello! After a recent update, I found that the hibernate option disappeared after windows... - Similar Threads - Hello recent update

2. Ethernet disappeared after recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disappeared after recent Windows 10 update: Hello. I really would appreciate if someone could assist me with this. I've been searching for a solution for three hours already, and have not found anything that would fix this.Everything worked fine this morning. I opened my pc, read newspaper online, noticed I had an new...
  3. Ethernet disappeared after recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disappeared after recent Windows 10 update: Hello. I really would appreciate if someone could assist me with this. I've been searching for a solution for three hours already, and have not found anything that would fix this.Everything worked fine this morning. I opened my pc, read newspaper online, noticed I had an new...
  4. Biometrics not working after recent update of Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Biometrics not working after recent update of Windows Hello: Biometrics not working after recent update of Windows Hello. Kindly help .I am using a ASUS VIVOBOOK S15 -64bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/biometrics-not-working-after-recent-update-of/d85f7f6b-6079-4b43-8cf6-2d388c94c169
  5. Biometrics not working after recent update of Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Biometrics not working after recent update of Windows Hello: Biometrics not working after recent update of Windows Hello. Kindly help .I am using a ASUS VIVOBOOK S15 -64bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/biometrics-not-working-after-recent-update-of/d85f7f6b-6079-4b43-8cf6-2d388c94c169
  6. Hello! After a recent update, I found that the hibernate option disappeared after windows...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hello! After a recent update, I found that the hibernate option disappeared after windows...: I know how to enable the hibernate option via Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings and select "change the settings that are currently unable"Then finally check the box next to "Hibernate" option. However that option itself disappeared. Did Microsoft...
  7. Hello! After a recent update, I found that the hibernate option disappeared after windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello! After a recent update, I found that the hibernate option disappeared after windows...: I know how to enable the hibernate option via Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings and select "change the settings that are currently unable"Then finally check the box next to "Hibernate" option. However that option itself disappeared. Did Microsoft...
  8. Windows hello not working after the recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows hello not working after the recent update: Windows hello can't acces the webcam all other apps can and the webcam is working properly. This happened after i installed the recent update. Any solutions ? I have an hp spectre x360 laptop submitted by /u/Sanchit112 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update?: I had previously activated the Hibernate option in Windows 10 due to it not being available by default when clicking the power button in the start menu. Now it has been removed and it does not seem possible to re-enable (see screenshot of power options below). I believe...
  10. After updating, hibernate option disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After updating, hibernate option disappeared: I updated my PC to the last version and when I turned my PC on the next day I couldn't find Hibernate the system option in the power menu. I didn’t manage to reinsert the hibernate button through Control Panel. So I think that this option isn’t available. Why?...