Windows 10: Hello blueness my old friend | All jokes aside, my pc doesn't recognize my HDD anymore...

Discus and support Hello blueness my old friend | All jokes aside, my pc doesn't recognize my HDD anymore... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SebPineda23 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SebPineda23, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Hello blueness my old friend | All jokes aside, my pc doesn't recognize my HDD anymore...

/u/SebPineda23, Aug 9, 2020

2. After upgrading, my PC won't recognize my SSD or HDD?

I'm not exactly a computer mastermind, but let me try to explain what is going on... There's a TL;DR version, too.

Two days ago I got home from work and turned on my computer, which is a little over a year old and has never had any problems before. It wouldn't boot up. It said something about the ivp4 or ivp6 or something along those lines. Whatever. Anyway, I restarted a few times and eventually went into BIOS and didn't see my SSD listed anywhere... Only the ivp4, ivp6, dvd rom, and my HDD. Ok. So I reconfigured my settings, put the HDD first in the boot sequence, and restarted....

And then it said there was no boot drive. WTF? So I went into BIOS (originally I couldn't get into that... I had to put a Windows 7 boot disk into the dvd rom to even have that option) and there is no SSD and no HDD. Now when I restart it without the boot disk in the dvdrom it says, "Restart and select proper boot device". Too bad I can't. I wish I could. I unplugged the SSD and HDD and put them into a really old PC I have... It didn't recognize them. BUT... Then I took the HDD out of the really old PC and plugged it into the newer one... And it wasn't recognized there even though it's good on the other one. Also, when I plugged in two external HDDs, they were both visible. I couldn't boot up with them, of course, but they were there in BIOS. My PC still powers on perfectly fine. I've taken the CMOS out to reset any misremembered settings there. I've set BIOS to default, played with settings, gone back to default, etc. I've configured my SATA to Raid, AHCI, and IDE. All serial ATA ports read as empty, even though they're not. I've plugged my SSD into different ports, used different cables, etc.

The only thing different about anything is that a few days prior to this, I took a plunge of curiosity and upgraded to Windows 10. I usually wait at least a year before upgrading OS's to give time for all bugs to work their way out, but for some reason I didn't this time.

TL;DR?
    One lovely day my computer randomly wouldn't read my SSD. Then it stopped reading my HDD. It wouldn't read a good HDD from another computer but the other computer wouldn't read either the SSD or the HDD from the first computer. It would read external HDDs but not boot from them.

It'd make sense if my SSD and HDD just died for no reason and were bad (but why would one die and then the other a few minutes later?) but if that's the case, why won't my PC read the old HDD from another PC that I know works? Likewise, it'd make sense if my newer PC just wasn't reading any drives and they were actually both fine, but then why would it read external HDD's and why wouldn't the SSD and HDD show up on my old PC? (It's old AF... Maybe that's why?)

Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong here or how to fix it? I spent over $1,000 on this computer early last summer and it really pisses me off that it stopped working after such a short time. the only other PC option I have right now has 1GB of RAM and is 15 years old. I'm sure most of the parts are under warranty still, but I can't even seem to nail down specifically what's wrong. Plus it'll probably take a month to ship off old parts and get new ones. Any ideas??
    , 14 minutes agoEditReport
    #1Reply

Admiraltrey, Aug 9, 2020
  3. gibbsy09 Win User
    My External hdd is converted to ext3-ext4

Hi alphanumeric thanks for the help but that was all a bit double Dutch to me lol I have some knowledge of PC but a not a great deal all I am looking for is to format my hdd that I had to convert to ext3 ext4 in order to work with a z Gemma box for sly but now I just want the hdd back to NTFS so I can use it on my PC as an extra drive but right now PC not recognizing it at all diskpart doesn't recognise either so just need a simple solution if there is one and if there is a harder solution I am also interested as long as you explain the steps I have to take thanks.

gibbsy09, Aug 9, 2020
  4. rypz79 Win User

Hello blueness my old friend | All jokes aside, my pc doesn't recognize my HDD anymore...

Windows won't recognize my usb 3.0 external HDD

Hi,

I have 1TB transcend USB 3.0 external HDD.
    Windows did recognized it but no more.

Here is what I've tried:
    1. Different OS: Ubuntu doesn't recognize it either
    2. Different computer: my Android device and another PC I have With Windows 10 do recognize it
    3. BIOS settings tried with/without legacy support
    4. Uninstalling the driver (picture attached) it's Microsoft generic since there is no driver to 9BC1 for Windows 10 http://pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=9cb1&device_search=Search
      [*]USB selective suspend setting disabled in power options
      [*]Regedit to the driver path and change EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled (it doesn't exist)
      http://windowsreport.com/usb-3-0-ext...ve-windows-10/

My PC is HP Spectre x360 4003dx.
    I'm kinda of clueless right now.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Roey

rypz79, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Hello blueness my old friend | All jokes aside, my pc doesn't recognize my HDD anymore...

1. Hello blueness my old friend | All jokes aside, my pc doesn't recognize my HDD anymore... - Similar Threads - Hello blueness old

2. Hello doesn't recognize my camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello doesn't recognize my camera: Hello doesn't recognize my camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-doesnt-recognize-my-camera/e0804ed2-1a79-40a7-88b1-e05271d3733a
  3. Hello doesn't recognize my camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello doesn't recognize my camera: Hello doesn't recognize my camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-doesnt-recognize-my-camera/e0804ed2-1a79-40a7-88b1-e05271d3733a
  4. Windows 11 doesn't recognize my HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't recognize my HDD: When I upgraded to Win 11, my 2TB HDD was not recognized in the new config. All my data on that drive is inaccessible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-doesnt-recognize-my-hdd/b6e90b78-a8c0-4ac1-aa46-b083bb4a5080
  5. Windows 11 doesn't recognize my HDD

Windows 11 doesn't recognize my HDD: When I upgraded to Win 11, my 2TB HDD was not recognized in the new config. All my data on that drive is inaccessible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-doesnt-recognize-my-hdd/b6e90b78-a8c0-4ac1-aa46-b083bb4a5080
  6. My friend deleted some files of my pc and now it doesn't boot anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friend deleted some files of my pc and now it doesn't boot anymore: My friend deleted some files of my pc and now it doesn't boot anymore even when I press power button it doesn't do anything please can somebody help* Original title: PLEASE HELP ANYONE ???...
  7. My friend deleted some files of my pc and now it doesn't boot anymore

My friend deleted some files of my pc and now it doesn't boot anymore: My friend deleted some files of my pc and now it doesn't boot anymore even when I press power button it doesn't do anything please can somebody help* Original title: PLEASE HELP ANYONE ???...
  8. My friend deleted some files of my pc and now it doesn't boot anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. PC doesn't recognize my phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC doesn't recognize my phone: Hello everyone.Today i saw that my PC doesn't see my S10 when i plug it on usb but it sees my J5 phone.I tried everything but nothing worked can somebody help? submitted by /u/Meapxd [link] [comments]...
  10. My PC doesn't recognize the microphone in my headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC doesn't recognize the microphone in my headphones.: So, i bought new headphones, and the most important thing I need from them is the microphone, but when i plug them in, the microphone doesn't works, I went into the properties of my audio settings and it doesn't even shows a microphone device I can adjust, my computer is an...