Windows 10: hello can not install Microsoft store even after trying all available fixes

Discus and support hello can not install Microsoft store even after trying all available fixes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; this is the code I get when trying to fix using PowerShell Copy-Item : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'the'. At line:1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by edward shaw1, Sep 24, 2022.

1. hello can not install Microsoft store even after trying all available fixes

this is the code I get when trying to fix using PowerShell Copy-Item : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'the'. At line:1 char:2 + Copy and paste the command: Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: : [Copy-Item], ParameterBindingException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.CopyItemCommand

:)

edward shaw1, Sep 24, 2022

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Apps won't install in Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install apps in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers
    to the questions below:

• Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?

• Does this issue occur for all apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?

Meanwhile,
    we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the app.

Step
    1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows
    Logo Key + R
    to open the Run
    dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows
    Store apps
    > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3:
    Refer the troubleshooting steps and mentioned
    in this article: Fix
    problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 4: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and
    then try installing the game.

Step 5: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and
    check, refer this article to create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 24, 2022
  4. hello can not install Microsoft store even after trying all available fixes

Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

hello can not install Microsoft store even after trying all available fixes

1. hello can not install Microsoft store even after trying all available fixes - Similar Threads - hello install Microsoft

2. Microsoft store infinite loading even after multiple fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store infinite loading even after multiple fixes: I've tried everything in this "article" and it still does not workarticle: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-infinite-loading-screen/6602860b-6f1a-482f-9dcb-785d371e0b8e...
  3. Microsoft store infinite loading even after multiple fixes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store infinite loading even after multiple fixes: I've tried everything in this "article" and it still does not workarticle: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-infinite-loading-screen/6602860b-6f1a-482f-9dcb-785d371e0b8e...
  4. Hello all. when i try to download off of microsoft store then when i press install the...

Hello all. when i try to download off of microsoft store then when i press install the...: Hello all. when i try to download off of microsoft store then when i press install the button turns green and i can't and it is not installing or it just freezes on updating....
  5. Microsoft Store not opening even after trying many solutions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not opening even after trying many solutions.: The 'Microsoft Store' app is not opening whatsoever. I need a solution for this urgently and provide a solution; I've tried many such as updating and clearing the cache, etc. But none of them worked. So please try and help me ASAP. I have a Lenovo laptop, Windows 11, 64-bit,...
  6. Microsoft Store not opening even after trying many solutions.

Microsoft Store not opening even after trying many solutions.: The 'Microsoft Store' app is not opening whatsoever. I need a solution for this urgently and provide a solution; I've tried many such as updating and clearing the cache, etc. But none of them worked. So please try and help me ASAP. I have a Lenovo laptop, Windows 11, 64-bit,...
  7. hello can not install Microsoft store even after trying all available fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello can not install Microsoft store even after trying all available fixes: this is the code I get when trying to fix using PowerShell Copy-Item : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'the'. At line:1 char:2 + Copy and paste the command: Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers ... +...
  8. hello can not install Microsoft store even after trying all available fixes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hello can not install Microsoft store even after trying all available fixes: this is the code I get when trying to fix using PowerShell Copy-Item : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'the'. At line:1 char:2 + Copy and paste the command: Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers ... +...
  9. "This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried ALL store fixes available...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This app can't open" when trying to open Sea of Thieves, tried ALL store fixes available...: "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more info about Sea of Thieves." why? Error code please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-open-when-trying-to-open-sea-of/c26f933d-4c13-42e1-97b9-74ac3bdd640f
  10. List of all available Apps in Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    List of all available Apps in Microsoft Store.: Hi I need a list of all Apps available in Microsoft Store to determine how many Apps we can use from there in our new Autopilot environment to avoid too many legacy SCCM Applications +800 applications. Thanks /Lennart...