Windows 10: Hello, could someone help me understand how the post-installation computer name get generated?

Discus and support Hello, could someone help me understand how the post-installation computer name get generated? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, be forewarned: this is not a very smart question I looked it up and (if I understand correctly) it's randomly generated - however my computer's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/7SLRNA, Aug 2, 2020.

1. /u/7SLRNA Win User

Hello, could someone help me understand how the post-installation computer name get generated?

Hello, be forewarned: this is not a very smart question

I looked it up and (if I understand correctly) it's randomly generated - however my computer's generated name has been semi-consistent in both windows or Linux installations where applicable (very similar to the name of the intel chip inside).

I noticed that every time the generated name deviates from the usual in windows some odd problems start popping up (ie I couldn't right click and uninstall preinstalled apps from the menu). I was wondering if there's something I missed regarding the "naming convention" or the setup process or if that's mere coincidence.

submitted by /u/7SLRNA
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/7SLRNA, Aug 2, 2020
  2. OD-Church Win User

Could Someone Help Me With This Modding

Hey my name is stephen i was wondering if someone on here could help me out i'm new to this whole modding thing so i was wondering could you guys teach me some tricks or tell me how to do some of these things and where to go and what to buy thanks.

OD-Church, Aug 2, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Hello, could someone help me understand how the post-installation computer name get generated?

OpenSSL - Can Someone Help me Create One?

Hello, Experts,

I need someone's help creating an OpenSSL certificate on Windows 10 for my NAS and router. I've literally spent hours (actually probably more) trying to go through the directions that are littered on the net but I can't still seem to understand how to do it. The directions aren't specific enough and I get lost.

If someone could please help me, I will promise them my liver, kidney, or any other body part that they require. If you need anything else, I will give. I'm a straight male but I might even consider someone to bugger me. That's how desperate I am...

CerebralFreeze, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Hello, could someone help me understand how the post-installation computer name get generated?

1. Hello, could someone help me understand how the post-installation computer name get generated? - Similar Threads - Hello someone help

2. Could someone help me with understanding why my PC crashed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could someone help me with understanding why my PC crashed?: Hello,Recently, while playing Helldivers 2, my PC full crashed and would not come back online for a little bit. This is not the first time this has happened either, though it has now taken me this long to finally say enough cause I'm beyond annoyed especially since I also...
  3. Could someone help me with understanding why my PC crashed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could someone help me with understanding why my PC crashed?: Hello,Recently, while playing Helldivers 2, my PC full crashed and would not come back online for a little bit. This is not the first time this has happened either, though it has now taken me this long to finally say enough cause I'm beyond annoyed especially since I also...
  4. Hello there, could someone pls help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hello there, could someone pls help.: Hi there,I turned on my computer as normal and I am locked out. Windows repair can't fix it. I can't get into any of the safe modes or any other options either. Can't remember password. I have a few options though.. I can get into CMD prompt but it has [ /NO EXECUTE=OPTIN...
  5. Hello there, could someone pls help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello there, could someone pls help.: Hi there,I turned on my computer as normal and I am locked out. Windows repair can't fix it. I can't get into any of the safe modes or any other options either. Can't remember password. I have a few options though.. I can get into CMD prompt but it has [ /NO EXECUTE=OPTIN...
  6. Hello there, could someone pls help.

7. Could someone help me with this

Could someone help me with this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/computer-mouse-and-keyboard-not-working/c8971831-b64e-4782-a264-fa8ceae38f30?messageId=e53e9330-17c5-4d55-86c8-e7a94c8fb7de...
  8. Could someone help me with this

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Could someone help me with this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/computer-mouse-and-keyboard-not-working/c8971831-b64e-4782-a264-fa8ceae38f30?messageId=e53e9330-17c5-4d55-86c8-e7a94c8fb7de...
  9. Could someone help me with this

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Could someone help me with these problems?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Could someone help me with these problems?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/adenrjc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kzuxnj/could_someone_help_me_with_these_problems/