Windows 10: Hello Everyone! When I press the sleep button or when my laptop goes to sleep, the display...

Discus and support Hello Everyone! When I press the sleep button or when my laptop goes to sleep, the display... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Subodh42 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw99hu/hello_everyone_when_i_press_the_sleep_button_or/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Subodh42, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Hello Everyone! When I press the sleep button or when my laptop goes to sleep, the display...

/u/Subodh42, Nov 14, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Display goes to sleep

If all power option settings are set to Never, but your display still goes to sleep or turns off after a period of inactivity, it could be that the screensaver settings are turned on or configured to turn off the display. May we know if you have checked
    the screensaver settings of your computer? If not, here's how to check the screensaver settings in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type screensaver, then select it from the search results.
    • See if the screensaver is enabled.

If the issue is not resolved, do not hesitate to post back to us.

David Haz, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Laptop only goes to sleep after a button pressed for the second time

ASUS K53SD with enabled "Instant On" function. This function
    is to ensure that the usb ports
    and touchpad are disabled after the laptop
    went to sleep. In Windows 8.1, 8 and 7
    laptop goes to sleep after a one press
    keyboard shortcut fn + f1. In windows
    10, I have to press twice.
    The same situation happens when I click
    the menu item "sleep". In Ubuntu
    everything works without problems

Emil Alasgarov, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Hello Everyone! When I press the sleep button or when my laptop goes to sleep, the display...

sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Hello Everyone! When I press the sleep button or when my laptop goes to sleep, the display...

1. Hello Everyone! When I press the sleep button or when my laptop goes to sleep, the display... - Similar Threads - Hello Everyone press

2. Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep: I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop connected to two old Dell monitors that I've configured for extended display. I can get everything set up exactly the way I want it, but when I "wake up" the laptop after it has gone to sleep, the display settings are often not retained....
  3. Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep: I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop connected to two old Dell monitors that I've configured for extended display. I can get everything set up exactly the way I want it, but when I "wake up" the laptop after it has gone to sleep, the display settings are often not retained....
  4. Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.: Hello, for the past year or so I have been experiencing an issue when trying to go to sleep mode on my Windows 10 Device. Most times putting my computer to sleep makes it go to sleep, but after a few times, it will go to the lock screen and just stay there even If I don't...
  5. Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.: Hello, for the past year or so I have been experiencing an issue when trying to go to sleep mode on my Windows 10 Device. Most times putting my computer to sleep makes it go to sleep, but after a few times, it will go to the lock screen and just stay there even If I don't...
  6. Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep

WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep: I have seen many "solutions" to this issue, both on this forum and other websites. Some steps, like disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and running the power troubleshooter, are attempts to fix a Windows issue. Others are workarounds, like not...
  8. BSOD when laptop goes to sleep

BSOD when laptop goes to sleep: Hi everyone, I'm running windows 10 on a macbook with bootcamp. Everything was working well, but since 05/22 my laptop cannot go to sleep mode anymore. If I try to put it to sleep from the start menu or by closing the lid it crashes and reboot. I get the following error in...
  9. Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep

Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep: I got a new HP ENVY laptop with the Updated Windows 10. It has worked fine when i first got it, i started to use it for school alot and it started to have issues waking up. Now it won't wake up at all unless I force Shut Down the whole system. What do i do to fix it. So far...
  10. When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep: Hi, I have issues with my computer that when I press windows keys and trying to shut off my computer it spams Sleep mode frantically. I have tried everything including Virus scan and I cant seem to find a issue. submitted by /u/Tenko_7 [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i press the sleep button