Windows 10: Hello Face can't turn on my webcam

Discus and support Hello Face can't turn on my webcam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've got a pc with a logitech HD pro webcam c920, and when I recently tried to set up the windows Hello Face sign in, I got the response "Something... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrendanKOD, May 12, 2021.

1. Hello Face can't turn on my webcam

I've got a pc with a logitech HD pro webcam c920, and when I recently tried to set up the windows Hello Face sign in, I got the response "Something went wrong. Could not turn on camera."Now when I just turn on the camera app, it immediately turn on that same webcam, and all the other apps are using it just fine. So what's specifically wrong with windows security?

:)

BrendanKOD, May 12, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Hello Face can't turn on my webcam [​IMG]

Edwin, May 12, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    windows hello face problem...

Yes, but not one with the capabilities required. You need one that can see infrared....

Windows Hello face authentication | Microsoft Docs

4. Hello Face can't turn on my webcam

Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Windows-Sicherheit: Microsoft Defender Antivirus und mehr | Microsoft

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Hello Face can't turn on my webcam

1. Hello Face can't turn on my webcam - Similar Threads - Hello Face can't

2. My Hello Face is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Hello Face is not working: My Hello Face is not working. I have a Surface Laptop Go and Windows 11.I've been following the steps that one of the Microsoft Member Team advised on here: I already did all the necessaries updates and restarted the computer.I wasn't able to reset the Facial Recognition or...
  3. My Hello Face is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Hello Face is not working: My Hello Face is not working. I have a Surface Laptop Go and Windows 11.I've been following the steps that one of the Microsoft Member Team advised on here: I already did all the necessaries updates and restarted the computer.I wasn't able to reset the Facial Recognition or...
  4. Hello Face - USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Face - USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Hello,I have purchased an ASUS Vivobook 14 running windows 10, it has a built in webcam listed USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam. The camera works if i open it on the camera app and it picks up my face however i am unable to get this to work for Hello Face.My question is, is this camera...
  5. Windows Hello Face Camera does not turn on.

Windows Hello Face Camera does not turn on.: Ok, the drivers are updated. Hello Face used to work. Removed it. Camera doesn't come on to do a scan.Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-camera-does-not-turn-on/30a8e7bb-4a4d-4103-a881-b749bd1f4177
  6. Can't remove Windows Hello Face

Can't remove Windows Hello Face: Recently, I activated the sign-in option Windows Hello Face in my laptop and it worked but suddenly it didn't work anymore and now I wanted to remove it but it says "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face" and every time I turn on my computer, the lock...
  7. I have a webcam; why can't I use Windows Hello Face?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a webcam; why can't I use Windows Hello Face?: Do I need a special kind of webcam to use it? submitted by /u/ekolis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g0r5sk/i_have_a_webcam_why_cant_i_use_windows_hello_face/
  8. hello face

hello face: hey pipls… my window hello face isn't working \ whenever I try to set up the hello face sign in option, there is an error saying that the camera isn't compatible with window hello face. The camera doesn't have any problem and I do have updated the files, but its still not...
  9. Windows Hello Face can't turn on my laptop's camera.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello Face can't turn on my laptop's camera.: I was trying to set up Windows Hello Face on my laptop, but it was unable to turn on the built-in camera. The camera is recognized and works in the Windows Camera app, and I can use it anywhere else, but Windows Hello cannot turn it on. I don't know what the problem...
  10. Windows Hello - Face authentication - List of compatible webcams

Windows Hello - Face authentication - List of compatible webcams: Hi Microsoft Team, I've been searching hours and hours on Microsoft websites and many internet Search Engines, for a list of compatible hardware with Windows Hello, specifically for Webcams in regards to Face Authentication. Unfortunately all my trials were unsuccessful so...