Windows 10: Hello Face Recognition - Camera stops working with Face Recognition after windows update

Discus and support Hello Face Recognition - Camera stops working with Face Recognition after windows update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a Windows Surface, the camera works with zoom and teams and taking pictures, however after a recent update it stopped working with facial... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MichaelDodge2, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Hello Face Recognition - Camera stops working with Face Recognition after windows update

I have a Windows Surface, the camera works with zoom and teams and taking pictures, however after a recent update it stopped working with facial recognition. It will not allow me to remove facial recognition and is grayed out in the settings under account.I'm running windows 10 Home edition build 19042.1110 with windows feature pack 120.2212.3530.0The surface has 16gb memory and is a 64gb operating system and an IntelR CoreTM i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHzUnder Device manager the Camera says it is working and is listed as an Intel AVStream Camera 2500 - as mentioned it is working with

:)

MichaelDodge2, Jul 27, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

Hello Face Recognition - Camera stops working with Face Recognition after windows update [​IMG]

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Jul 27, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

Hello Face Recognition - Camera stops working with Face Recognition after windows update [​IMG]

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Hello Face Recognition - Camera stops working with Face Recognition after windows update

Windows "hello" face recognition stopped working

Original title: Windows hello camera startup

Widows face recognition "hello" stopped defaulting to the rear facing camera making the face recognition startup useless. I have the surface book and this phenomenon started only in the last few days. Previously it started with the rear facing camera and
    was fine

DavidMarkus, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

Hello Face Recognition - Camera stops working with Face Recognition after windows update

1. Hello Face Recognition - Camera stops working with Face Recognition after windows update - Similar Threads - Hello Face Recognition

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working: Hi Guys,I have just reinstalled my PC Windows 11 Pro and the Hello face recognition is failing. it opens the camera and sees me and the just freezes like a photo, worked fine before I reinstalled. It is a generic IR/Webcam and works OK in Teams etc, any ideas...
  3. Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working: Hi Guys,I have just reinstalled my PC Windows 11 Pro and the Hello face recognition is failing. it opens the camera and sees me and the just freezes like a photo, worked fine before I reinstalled. It is a generic IR/Webcam and works OK in Teams etc, any ideas...
  4. Windows Hello Face Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Recognition: Hi,I'm using a DELL Inspiron 3501, i5 11th Generation, NVIDIA GeForce MX330 2GB GDDR5 Laptop.Do I have to have IR devices listed in my devmgmt.msc to use my camera with Windows Hello Face?If yes, could anyone share a screenshot of the device manager which contains IR...
  5. Hello face recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello face recognition: My hello face recognition has stopped working. In the settings it says my camera is not compatible. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-recognition/dd429b1c-e3eb-45ee-978e-efd8086b1f1f
  6. camera not working for face recognition

camera not working for face recognition: here there my camera isn't working for face recognition only i don't what it wrong i have tried everything at this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/how-to-fix-face-recognition-cannot-open-camera/c76574a5-a354-4d26-882e-7f57b8f0f115....
  7. Hello Face Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello Face Recognition: I recently bought a Microsoft Pro. It set up my face recognition while doing a whole laptop setup, however I dont need it anymore. when i go into settings to remove face recognition, it says currently not available but the remove and improve recognition buttons cannot be...
  8. Windows Hello Face Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Face Recognition: I have a Microsoft go tablet and I use it as my school laptop. I used to use the facial recognition but now it won't let me use it and I don't know why. It is saying the option is currently unavailable. Can anyone help me? It is so annoying to have to type in a pin or a...
  9. Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello: When I purchased a laptop, I set up Windows Hello and it was working fine. Then I deleted that user’s account and created a new one. But I cannot configure Windows Hello for this new user. I receive a message that Something went wrong: it looks like you've already setup...
  10. face recognition stops working

face recognition stops working: Face recognition became very unreliable, for no reason that I can see. Sometimes it works, but more often, it does not. I have to wait for a long time until it gives up and I can enter the PIN. I tried to delete my recognition information and started again, but this did not...