Windows 10: Hello Face stopped working after installing update KB4549951

Discus and support Hello Face stopped working after installing update KB4549951 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello Face sign-in stopped working after installing update KB4549951. Message cannot find working camera,. However Camera app still works fine.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by gcox, Apr 16, 2020.

1. gcox Win User

Hello Face stopped working after installing update KB4549951

Hello Face sign-in stopped working after installing update KB4549951. Message cannot find working camera,. However Camera app still works fine.

:)

2. Windows Hello Face stopped working

After installing Windows 10 1909 Update KB4551762 and restarting my M/S Surface Book 2 the Windows Hello Face login would not work. I logged on with my PIN, went to settings/accounts to check my Hello/Face Sign In. Message advises that Windows could not find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face. Prior to the Update Windows Hello Face was working. Would appreciate any feedback on how to resolve this issue

PhoenixBots, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Eiji T Win User
    Unable to install KB4549951

Hello,

I'm your Independent Advisor for today. Let's work together and arrive at a solution.

Please download the update manually from the link below. Make sure you select the one being installed the last time:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search...

You can also follow the steps in the link below to attempt repairs:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/10164/...

If the above doesn't work, you can do a repair install of Windows 10 without affecting your files and apps:

1. Download and create your Windows 10 ISO by clicking "Download Tool Now" and following the steps in this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

2. Locate and right-click the ISO file, then click "Mount".

3. Go to File Explorer and open the virtual drive where the ISO is mounted. It's usually labeled "ESD-ISO".

4. Open setup.exe and follow the on-screen steps.

This repair process might take a while. Once it's completed, try installing the update again through Windows Updates and see if it will push through.

Hope this helps.

Eiji T, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Hello Face stopped working after installing update KB4549951 [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Hello Face stopped working after installing update KB4549951 - Similar Threads - Hello Face stopped

2. Hello Face Recognition - Camera stops working with Face Recognition after windows update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Face Recognition - Camera stops working with Face Recognition after windows update: I have a Windows Surface, the camera works with zoom and teams and taking pictures, however after a recent update it stopped working with facial recognition. It will not allow me to remove facial recognition and is grayed out in the settings under account.I'm running windows...
  3. Hello Face stop working

Hello Face stop working: After update camera doesn't work with Hello Face device. Have Device ROOT\WindowsHelloFaceSoftwareDriver\0000 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem142.inf Class Guid: {53d29ef7-377c-4d14-864b-eb3a85769359} Service: WUDFRd Lower Filters: Upper Filters: Problem: 0x15...
  4. Windows Hello Face stopped working

Windows Hello Face stopped working: I have a surface pro 7. I switched back to windows stable build from windows developer preview and now windows hello face cant be configured " We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello". the camera works on all other applications and so I'm sure it not the...
  5. window hello face stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    window hello face stopped working: I have surface laptop 3, Initially the window hello face was working fine but once I updated my laptop it stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-hello-face-stopped-working/89b4cd4f-5521-462f-ba29-116fb4826822
  6. Windows Hello Face Stopped Working

Windows Hello Face Stopped Working: I bought the surface laptop 3 back in November and hello face was working great. Then one day in February when I open my laptop, it asked for my pin and the the hello face option was no longer listed. In the settings for Hello Face, I get a message saying "This option is...
  7. Trouble booting after update KB4549951

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble booting after update KB4549951: After attempting to install what I believe to be KB4549951, my laptop will no longer boot. The update proceeded normally when shutting down the PC, but when turning it on, the boot screen quickly says "Preparing Automatic Repair", which then becomes "Diagnosing your PC", then...
  8. Microphone not working after Windows 10 Update KB4549951

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microphone not working after Windows 10 Update KB4549951: Hi I am struggling with use of my microphone Realtek in a Collaborate platform despite enabling all permissions for microphone access in my system and checking browser permissions in different browsers. When I looked into my Device Manager/Audio input and outputs/Microphone...
  9. Dual Monitor stopped working after latest update KB4549951.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor stopped working after latest update KB4549951.: I have windows 10 running on a Lenovo G50. My computer updated and installed the latest update April 14, 2020—KB4549951 OS Builds 18362.778 and 18363.778. When I switched on my computer this morning the computer wont detect my second screen. I have tried changing the HDMI...
  10. Windows Hello Face stopped working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello Face stopped working: After installing Windows 10 1909 Update KB4551762 and restarting my M/S Surface Book 2 the Windows Hello Face login would not work. I logged on with my PIN, went to settings/accounts to check my Hello/Face Sign In. Message advises that Windows could not find a camera...
Tags: