Windows 10: Hello Facial Log on No longer works

Discus and support Hello Facial Log on No longer works in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo thinkpad and the Hello facial log in has been working from the start about a year ago but then all of a sudden it failed to work. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DouglasSages, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Hello Facial Log on No longer works

I have a Lenovo thinkpad and the Hello facial log in has been working from the start about a year ago but then all of a sudden it failed to work. The error message says that there is no compatible camera. I have run Lenovo diagnostics and there is nothing wrong. Clearly, MS has made a change to win 10 in one of the updates that is causing the problem. By the way, the camera works fine on Microsoft Team, zoom, skype and team viewer. It only does not work with Win 10? Hmmm i wonder where the problem is?

:)

DouglasSages, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Donna Men Win User

Windows Hello facial ID won’t work

Hi,

There are a few reasons why this Windows Hello facial recognition fails, such as outdated driver, compatibility or OS update. We'd like to know if you made any changes on your device prior to the issue, such as installing update or change settings?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to reset Facial Recognition by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts and select Sign-In options.
    • Locate Facial Recognition options and click Remove under them.
    • Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions to reset Facial Recognition.
    • Restart your computer.

If issue persist, update your drivers by following the steps on this link. You can also check your device
    manufacturer for latest release of drivers.

Keep us updated with the results.

Donna Men, Jun 16, 2020
  3. AwwShoot Win User
    Facial Recognition finds me but no longer logs me in.

Hello,

I have been working with a bunch of Surface Pro 4 computers at work. Facial recognition worked great while setting them all up. After changing privacy settings and adding other users Windows 10 no longer logs me or the other staff members into our accounts.

I power on the tablets, they scan my face, says " Hello(my username)", but no longer logs me or the other user into windows. We have to swipe the screen and type our login information.

Any pointers how to get Windows Hello Working correctly again?

Thanks in advance!

AwwShoot, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Hello Facial Log on No longer works

Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Hello Facial Log on No longer works

1. Hello Facial Log on No longer works - Similar Threads - Hello Facial Log

2. Facial recognition Hello no longer works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial recognition Hello no longer works.: All of a sudden my facial recognition does not work. I updated drivers, camera, etc. but the screen still looks grainy and won't hold the hello. It worked fine last week....
  3. Facial recognition Hello no longer works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facial recognition Hello no longer works.: All of a sudden my facial recognition does not work. I updated drivers, camera, etc. but the screen still looks grainy and won't hold the hello. It worked fine last week....
  4. Windows Hello Facial Recognition not working

Windows Hello Facial Recognition not working: Hello,Sorry if I'm being stupid by chance, but the problem I have is that Windows Hello Facial Recognition isn't working. It's showing the error "This option is currently unavailable.". My computer manufacturer's website clearly advertised that my computer should have facial...
  5. Windows hello facial recognition not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello facial recognition not working.: Hi,My windows hello facial recognition stopped working. I have microsoft surface laptop studio with windows 11. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facial-recognition-not-working/60730d65-35ba-4831-9546-9def5f8311ce
  6. Windows hello facial recognition not working.

Windows hello facial recognition not working.: Hi,My windows hello facial recognition stopped working. I have microsoft surface laptop studio with windows 11. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facial-recognition-not-working/60730d65-35ba-4831-9546-9def5f8311ce
  7. Windows Hello Facial Recognition Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition Not Working: I am using a Windows 11 PC which is expected to have Windows Hello Face working. Although I am facing this issue. Kindly help.Thanks,Rayan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facial-recognition-not-working/55e34bb5-351a-4349-a8e6-25cc50e3c51f
  8. Windows Hello Facial Recognition Not Working

Windows Hello Facial Recognition Not Working: I am using a Windows 11 PC which is expected to have Windows Hello Face working. Although I am facing this issue. Kindly help.Thanks,Rayan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facial-recognition-not-working/55e34bb5-351a-4349-a8e6-25cc50e3c51f
  9. Windows Hello Facial recognition not working

Windows Hello Facial recognition not working: Hey everyone,my windows 11 hello facial recognition is not working. As you can see below in the picture, my fingerprint are working perfectly but the facial recognition is not working. I don't know why?i have tried every method available in YouTube and online. but...
  10. Windows Hello Facial Recognition not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition not working: So i just bought a new HP Omen laptop and the only thing not working is the windows hello facial recognition, it seems to be an issue with windows 11 as the camera works fine, I talked to HP support and they informed me that it was not the device as its the same compatible...