Windows 10: Hello Facial Recognition Stopped working for my new Surface 3 Laptop

Discus and support Hello Facial Recognition Stopped working for my new Surface 3 Laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I got this laptop a few weeks ago and all of a suddon the facial recognition stopped working. I read some forms to stop and restart the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TylerMckibbon, May 1, 2020.

1. Hello Facial Recognition Stopped working for my new Surface 3 Laptop

Hello,

I got this laptop a few weeks ago and all of a suddon the facial recognition stopped working. I read some forms to stop and restart the biometrics driver but the driver for some reason doesn't exist anymore on my device manager... it looks like it has been deleted.

I am trying to figure out where I can download this Driver and reconfigure my Windows Hello Face..

Can someone please help me out and provide me with the steps to fix this. I really don't want to send my computer in for repair as it is obviously still under the 1 year warranty.

Any information would help.

Thanks,

:)

TylerMckibbon, May 1, 2020
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, May 1, 2020
  3. Windows hello facial recognition has stopped working,biometrics missing.

Window Hello facial recognition has stopped working .I have tried all the advice I can find on the web to fix it ,but have managed to remove the biometrics from the device manager list. I've searched for a replacement download but couldn't find anything.
    I'm using a Surface Pro 4. Any Suggestions?

Sunny100BT, May 1, 2020
  4. Hello Facial Recognition Stopped working for my new Surface 3 Laptop

Hello Facial Recognition

Does the new Surface Book 2 have Hello Facial Recognition?

AnnGuariniello, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Hello Facial Recognition Stopped working for my new Surface 3 Laptop

1. Hello Facial Recognition Stopped working for my new Surface 3 Laptop - Similar Threads - Hello Facial Recognition

2. Windows Hello Facial Recognition not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition not working: Hello,Sorry if I'm being stupid by chance, but the problem I have is that Windows Hello Facial Recognition isn't working. It's showing the error "This option is currently unavailable.". My computer manufacturer's website clearly advertised that my computer should have facial...
  3. Windows hello facial recognition not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello facial recognition not working.: Hi,My windows hello facial recognition stopped working. I have microsoft surface laptop studio with windows 11. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facial-recognition-not-working/60730d65-35ba-4831-9546-9def5f8311ce
  4. Windows hello facial recognition not working.

Windows hello facial recognition not working.: Hi,My windows hello facial recognition stopped working. I have microsoft surface laptop studio with windows 11. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facial-recognition-not-working/60730d65-35ba-4831-9546-9def5f8311ce
  5. Windows Hello Facial Recognition Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition Not Working: I am using a Windows 11 PC which is expected to have Windows Hello Face working. Although I am facing this issue. Kindly help.Thanks,Rayan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facial-recognition-not-working/55e34bb5-351a-4349-a8e6-25cc50e3c51f
  6. Windows Hello Facial recognition not working

Windows Hello Facial recognition not working: Hey everyone,my windows 11 hello facial recognition is not working. As you can see below in the picture, my fingerprint are working perfectly but the facial recognition is not working. I don't know why?i have tried every method available in YouTube and online. but...
  7. Windows Hello Facial Recognition not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition not working: So i just bought a new HP Omen laptop and the only thing not working is the windows hello facial recognition, it seems to be an issue with windows 11 as the camera works fine, I talked to HP support and they informed me that it was not the device as its the same compatible...
  8. Facial Recognition not working on Surface Laptop 2

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Facial Recognition not working on Surface Laptop 2: Face recognition became very unreliable, for no reason that I can see. Sometimes it works, but more often, it does not. I have to wait for a long time until it gives up and I can enter the PIN. I tried to delete my recognition information and started again, but this did not...
  9. Facial Recognition stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Facial Recognition stopped working: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2 in 1. No warning - one day it worked the next it didn't. I've tried resetting through HELLO. No luck. Ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-stopped-working/bf630f6a-ab40-499a-85fe-6081ea01a945
  10. Facial recognition stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facial recognition stopped working: I set facial recognition on my laptop but this feature stopped working. The infrared light next to the camera also stops to turn on. I tried to fix the issue using My camera app but it doesn’t work either and the camera window is just a black screen. I think the drivers are...