Windows 10: Hello Fingerprint breaks with every Windows 10 "update" (Update is a euphemism for...

Discus and support Hello Fingerprint breaks with every Windows 10 "update" (Update is a euphemism for... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Since I purchase my Lenovo laptop earlier this year--one that, unfortunately, came with Windows 10 installed--I have had horrific problems after each... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AnnOliver1, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Hello Fingerprint breaks with every Windows 10 "update" (Update is a euphemism for...

Since I purchase my Lenovo laptop earlier this year--one that, unfortunately, came with Windows 10 installed--I have had horrific problems after each forced Windows 10 update--which are nothing less that vicious, hacking, cyber attacks. The problems range from not being able to start, having very dim vibrating screens, etc. But after every update, my fingerprint login stops working. Every time. THIS NEEDS TO STOP! IT NEEDS TO STOP! "I AM MAD AND I WON'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!"

I want to be able to stop Microsoft's frequent hacks of my computer. I have wasted hours, many hours that I don't have to give (I am taking care of two critically ill family members and working @ 50 hrs/week.) I have spoken with a good number of Microsoft's customer disservice representatives. I my last call, I was told that I will never ever be allowed to stop the attacks. That by my buying a computer with Windows 10 installed, I had agreed to them. I can tell you for certain, I never agreed to this, never. If I had known, at the time, the horror that was to come, I would have bought a Mac.

:)

AnnOliver1, Nov 20, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Windows Hello fingerprint disappears after each update

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

Windows Hello is a more personal, more secure way to get instant access to your Windows 10 devices using fingerprint, face, or eye recognition. Most PCs with fingerprint readers are ready to use Windows Hello now, and more devices that can recognize
    your face and iris are coming soon.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website, as corrupted drivers might be the cause of the issue.

I would suggest you to refer the Wiki article by Andre Da Costa on
    install the drivers.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the steps below and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.

• Click on Accounts.

• Go to Sign in options.

• The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.
    For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Try to navigate as mentioned below and check if you're able to setup the Windows Hello.

* Click Start

* Select Settings and navigate to Accounts /> Sing-In options /> Windows Hello

* Check whether you're able to make changes to the setting and setup Windows Hello there.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 20, 2018
  4. harrymc Win User

Hello Fingerprint breaks with every Windows 10 "update" (Update is a euphemism for...

Using external fingerprint scanner to login to Windows 10

The Windows Hello not working issue has appeared after the Windows 10 Creators Update
    under many forms and error messages. I resume below most of the known remedies.

Enable Biometric in Local Group Policy

Some crucial system settings like the Local Group Policy could be modified during the upgrading of Windows 10 Creators Update which breaks the face recognition and fingerprint reader’s feature of Windows Hello. To exclude that likelihood, you should check the biometric settings in Local Group Policy.

1. Run the Local Group Policy (gpedit.msc).<br>
      For Windows Home see
      How to Access the Group Policy Editor, Even in Windows Home.
    2. Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Biometrics.
    3. Double-click the item "Allow the use of biometrics setting", tick Enabled and OK.
    4. Do the same to the item "Allow users to log on using biometrics".
    5. Reboot.

If the above steps were not enough, do this :

1. Repeat steps 1 & 2
    2. Click on "Facial Features" and double-click "Configure enhanced anti-spoofing".
    3. Set it to Disabled and OK.
    4. Reboot.

Reset Facial Recognition and/or Fingerprint Options

• Go to PC Settings > Accounts > Sign-In options.
    • Locate "Fingerprint" or "Facial Recognition" and click "Remove" under them.
    • Choose "Get Started" and follow on-screen instructions to reset Fingerprint and Facial Recognition.
    • Reboot

Update Webcam/Fingerprint Driver

• In Device Manager, locate and expand the entries for the biometrics device.
    • Right-click the device and choose "Uninstall".
    • In the Action menu select "Scan for hardware changes",
      and let Windows detect and update the drivers.

For more detailed information with screenshots, see the article<br>
    How to Fix Windows Hello Not Working after Windows 10 Creators Update.

harrymc, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Hello Fingerprint breaks with every Windows 10 "update" (Update is a euphemism for...

1. Hello Fingerprint breaks with every Windows 10 "update" (Update is a euphemism for... - Similar Threads - Hello Fingerprint breaks

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint feature not working after Windows update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint feature not working after Windows update: I finally got around to updating Windows 10 with the most recent update, and when I tried logging in after the update was complete, my fingerprint scanner didn't work after many repeated tries. This is a DELL XPS 15 laptop, but I would assume the issue lies with Windows 10...
  3. Cumulative Update February 2021 - Breaks Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative Update February 2021 - Breaks Windows Hello: Installed the 2021-02 Cumulative Updates 3. This update broke WIndows Hello facial login. Upon restart Windows Hello cannot start camera and must use alternate login method. Checking update status one update, I believe the .NET framework errored out - yet it shows...
  4. Windows 10 20H2 update breaks windows update.

Windows 10 20H2 update breaks windows update.: After updating to windows 10 20H2, windows update is stuck at checking for updates. Every time I try to shutdown or restart it always says update and shutdown and update and restart which takes forever to shutdown and restart the computer. I have restarted the PC a few times...
  5. Why is every update breaking my pc?

Why is every update breaking my pc?: Every update I have to fix my pc, defrag it, remove softwares, remove windows 10 services that I dont need, and everytime my pc gets crazy slow and practically craps itself just by being updated, just stop sending out updates...... you are ruining my computer, I have my...
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint is unavailable after 1909 update

Windows Hello Fingerprint is unavailable after 1909 update: Hello. My Windows Hello Fingerprint log-in option is unvailable after 1909 update. Please tell how I can fix it. I'ts so awfull when you paid for something operating system in this case and you got it with not working components. Blame Microsoft, BLAME! [IMG]...
  7. Windows Hello Fingerprint suddenly not working after Windows Updates

Windows Hello Fingerprint suddenly not working after Windows Updates: Hi, I have an Envy 13 laptop with Windows 10 installed. It's a very brand new laptop. When I first bought it, the fingerprint scanner works just fine with Windows Hello. I had installed few Windows Updates already, but only with the recent latest updates that I notice the...
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint - not working after latest update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Fingerprint - not working after latest update: Hi, I use a Kensington Fingerprint Key - USB 066 with Surface Book. After the latest update, the Fingerprint functionality is not working; I get a message "We couldn't get a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." I would appreciate if you could...
  9. Windows 10 Hello Fingerprint

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Hello Fingerprint: Hello, How do reset my windows 10 Hello old Fingerprint? i dont have the options "Remove" on the Sign-in options THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-hello-fingerprint/d9595d5b-ad3a-4bac-b4b2-7bf47c5b7f55"
  10. Every single forced windows 10 update breaks my PC.

Every single forced windows 10 update breaks my PC.: It's always a different issue and always results in me having to completely reinstall my OS. It's getting ridiculous. I've turned off automatic updates but it starts spamming you hourly with "lets get back on track" and never gives you the option to say no to the updater...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no fingerprint reader with last windows update

2. windows update breaks hello

3. windows 10 update breaks fingerprint reader

4. windows 1903 breaks fingerprint sensor,
  5. windows update breaks fingerprint reader,
  6. latest windows update Feb.12 2019 loses my fingerprint