Windows 10: Hello from Microsoft Edge on Android

Discus and support Hello from Microsoft Edge on Android in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since it seems Windows Phone is near death I decided to try all kind of Microsoft Apps written for Android. Now Edge is in turn. Actually I am... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by slicendice, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Hello from Microsoft Edge on Android

Since it seems Windows Phone is near death I decided to try all kind of Microsoft Apps written for Android.

Now Edge is in turn. Actually I am writing this post using Edge on Android. I love this browser. Works really well for me.

It would be great if we could share experiences.

Here is an initial screen shot:

Hello from Microsoft Edge on Android [​IMG]

:)

slicendice, Oct 20, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge on Play Store

As per
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/201...

Microsoft Edge for Android is available in the United States (English), Australia (English) Canada (English and French), China (Simplified-Chinese), France (French), India (English) and the UK (English). We look forward to bringing MS Edge for iOS and Android
    to additional markets and languages over time!

The best way is to use APK mirror to download and install:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/microsoft-corpora...

(Apkmirror is a trusted site and almost all my APKs get downloaded from there)

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 20, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Hello from Microsoft Edge on Android

Not bad...

Hello from Microsoft Edge on Android [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 21, 2017
  5. Wynona Win User
    I've been using Microsoft Office (it's free on 10" or less) on my 'Droid since it first went into Beta. I haven't downloaded Edge for it yet, though. Just haven't been traveling much lately.

And although my ATT Go Phone is "smart" I only use it for intended phone use. *Smile Wellllll, I do text some because my daughters don't know how to make phone calls any more. *Sad

Wynona, Oct 21, 2017
  6. After I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and a DeX station, I do almost everything from my phone, including MS Office stuff etc.

Edge does not yet work in DeX mode however. Waiting excited to get support for it too. *Smile

slicendice, Oct 21, 2017
  7. In latest version of Edge on Android (v1.0.0.1136), we have support for windowing. Works really well on my Samsung DeX station. However Edge still lack full support for DeX and some features might be missing. I guess features that are missing are things like 100% support for scaling of fonts and any objects in all windows and dialogs.

slicendice, Nov 10, 2017
  8. Hello from Microsoft Edge on Android

I know this thread is becoming quite old but I have some observations to share.

Edge on Android is extremely stable and reliable and has almost all same features as the PC counterpart.

On the other hand, the PC version of Edge is mildly put it, a piece of garbage. It is very unreliable and hangs every now and then.

This got me thinking, since both versions should be sharing same code base for most parts, the issue must be in Windows 10 itself. I did disable Cortana support in Edge completely, and Edge got a lot more stable after this. But this did not solve all issues completely. Edge on PC still goes into a "thinking" phase every now and then when trying to open web-pages. It does however not introduce any CPU overloads. It just sits there doing nothing. 10-15 minutes later the page suddenly opens and the whole browser works like a charm again for hours.

What on earth could be causing this frustrating behavior?

slicendice, Apr 3, 2018
  9. Is EDGE available on the Google Store ?

storageman, Apr 3, 2018
  10. Yes! But it's currently in beta status. Not sure if they accept new testers at this moment.

Install Microsoft Apps and see if Edge is listed there.

slicendice, Apr 3, 2018
  11. I didn't see it, I'll just keep a postit with when I need to look again.

Thanks

storageman, Apr 4, 2018
  12. Hmmm...yeah it might be invite only at the moment.

slicendice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hello from Microsoft Edge on Android

1. Hello from Microsoft Edge on Android - Similar Threads - Hello Microsoft Edge

2. Windows Hello in Microsoft Edge

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello in Microsoft Edge: Hi all, I wish to set up windows hello for microsoft edge with the aim of using biometrics rather than the traditional password when signing in to some websites. Is it possible? If yes, how can I do it please? Thanks in advance...
  3. Edge Browser For Android

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser For Android: Hi, I recently installed the edge browser on my android phone, I'm 'trying' to like it..I do like the fact that my saved bookmarks were automatically brought over to the browser. One thing I don't like is the fact that I'm not able to enjoy using extensions/add-ons with the...
  4. New Microsoft Edge app 42.0.0.2313 version for Android

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge app 42.0.0.2313 version for Android: Microsoft Edge, now available on Android, creates one continuous browsing experience for Windows 10 users across their devices. Content and data sync seamlessly in the background, so users can browse across devices, without skipping a beat. Familiar Microsoft Edge features...
  5. Delete Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android at startup?

in Browsers and Email
    Delete Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android at startup?: My computer upgraded from 1709 to 1803 this past weekend. When I boot up I get the normal Edge start screen but also a Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android. How can I stop Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android at startup? [img] 112068
  6. Microsoft Edge 17, Windows 10 and Edge for Android synchronization

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge 17, Windows 10 and Edge for Android synchronization: I've installed new Spring update and I've Edge for Android in my Nougat device. I'm using also Microsoft Launcher so I'm able to send link from mobile to Pc. Bookmark and later reading doesn't synchronize on both side I don't know why it's not working. Tips? 107256
  7. Send Webpage in Microsoft Edge from Android Phone to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send Webpage in Microsoft Edge from Android Phone to Windows 10 PC: How to: Send Webpage in Microsoft Edge from Android Phone to Windows 10 PC How to Send Webpage in Microsoft Edge from Android Phone to Windows 10 PC After you link your Android phone to your Windows 10 PC, you can use the Microsoft Edge app on your Android phone to send...
  8. Announcing Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android, Microsoft Launcher

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android, Microsoft Launcher: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] You’re standing in line at a coffee shop. Your right thumb is stre-t-ch-ing to drag out words on your phone’s keyboard while you squint to read the text on the web form you’re filling out. It’s amazing what’s possible...
  9. Microsoft Edge now available for iOS and Android (Updated)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge now available for iOS and Android (Updated): 3/26/18, 9AM PT: iPad and Android tablet owners – we’ve got some great news for you! Microsoft Edge is now available as a free download in the Apple Store and Google Play Store. Now, you too, can experience familiar features like your Favorites (including Roaming Favorites),...
  10. Microsoft Edge now available for iOS and Android

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge now available for iOS and Android: In October, we introduced Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android in preview, in response to your request to make Microsoft Edge work well with your phones. A special THANK YOU goes out to each of you—hundreds of thousands of you—who downloaded, test-drove, and sent feedback on...