Windows 10: Hello, how do I disable having to press space or clicking the mouse to go to the enter...

Discus and support Hello, how do I disable having to press space or clicking the mouse to go to the enter... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Like, when I start it, it gives me the background, and the time and all. So, I have to click the mouse or press space to go to enter my password. How... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sushruth_944, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Hello, how do I disable having to press space or clicking the mouse to go to the enter...

Like, when I start it, it gives me the background, and the time and all. So, I have to click the mouse or press space to go to enter my password. How can I disable that and directly go to the enter password screen?

:)

Sushruth_944, Sep 18, 2021

2. Why are videos now opening with a single mouse click?

1. Press the Windows key, type mouse settings, and press Enter.
    2. In the Settings window, under Related settings, click the Additional mouse options link.
    3. In the Mouse Properties window, click the Buttons tab, if not already selected.
    4. On the Buttons tab, adjust the slider for the Double-click speed option, then press OK.

Hello, how do I disable having to press space or clicking the mouse to go to the enter... mouse_properties.gif

1. Test out the double-click speed adjustment to see if that helps resolve the double-clicking issue. Repeat the steps above, if needed, to adjust the setting again.

FreeBooter, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Why are videos now opening with a single mouse click?

There's also a setting to INTENTIONALLY have items in Explorer open with one click. I gave it a try for kicks and never went back. It requires you to re-learn how you open much of anything, but once you've got it -- it makes things much faster.

The Pool Man, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Hello, how do I disable having to press space or clicking the mouse to go to the enter...

Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

Hello, how do I disable having to press space or clicking the mouse to go to the enter...

1. Hello, how do I disable having to press space or clicking the mouse to go to the enter... - Similar Threads - Hello disable having

2. Clicking or even pressing enter on a file deletes it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clicking or even pressing enter on a file deletes it: Hello, ive been having this issue for the past year and i've tried completely formatting and re-installing windows. No matter what i do i always get this problem where whatever file i click on gets deleted instantly. i've even tried scrolling down using the arrow keys and...
  3. Clicking or even pressing enter on a file deletes it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking or even pressing enter on a file deletes it: Hello, ive been having this issue for the past year and i've tried completely formatting and re-installing windows. No matter what i do i always get this problem where whatever file i click on gets deleted instantly. i've even tried scrolling down using the arrow keys and...
  4. Clicking or even pressing enter on a file deletes it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Single line spacing when pressing enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single line spacing when pressing enter: Hi guys,by pressing some magical short cut never heard before at lease I couldn't find anything on Google..., I changed the default line spacing in Windows 10, not just Word when pressing Enter from double to single spacing.Before, it was like this:Enter = Double spacingEnter...
  6. Single line spacing when pressing enter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Single line spacing when pressing enter: Hi guys,by pressing some magical short cut never heard before at lease I couldn't find anything on Google..., I changed the default line spacing in Windows 10, not just Word when pressing Enter from double to single spacing.Before, it was like this:Enter = Double spacingEnter...
  7. how do I disable windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do I disable windows hello: Dear Community-I used Peer Sam's "solution", see below now my machine will not boot. How do I fix this? I recently upgraded now running:Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎05-‎15 OS build 19042.985 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 Method...
  8. I have to click or press a key for my mouse to be able to move - how to fix??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have to click or press a key for my mouse to be able to move - how to fix??: Hi! I’ve looked all over the internet but I can’t find a fix. I downloaded steam last night and everything was fine but this morning it seems as if I have to press a key or click to get the mouse trackpad to move? I’m assuming it’s some kind of setting.. any suggestions?...
  9. My friend is having trouble logging in. Whenever he clicks the mouse or presses space it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My friend is having trouble logging in. Whenever he clicks the mouse or presses space it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SavPMA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9dbvt/my_friend_is_having_trouble_logging_in_whenever/
  10. How do i go to "System Preferences to be able to click on "Keyboard mouse"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i go to "System Preferences to be able to click on "Keyboard mouse"?: My computer/mouse is not accepting RIGHT CLICKS, I was told to go to SYSTEM PREFERENCES and click on KEYBOARD MOUSE, then click on TRACKPAD...etc...