Windows 10: Hello how do I disable protection against Windows virus

Discus and support Hello how do I disable protection against Windows virus in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello how do I disable protection against Windows virus?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by corismith1, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Hello how do I disable protection against Windows virus

Hello how do I disable protection against Windows virus?

:)

corismith1, Oct 15, 2018

2. Nonstop alerts about virus protection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the security notification on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error pop-up?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third-party anti-virus software, I suggest you to disable it and check if it issue persists.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Defender on your device and check if it helps.

Windows Defender is malware protection that is included with and built into Windows 10. This software helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. So, you do not need to install any third party antivirus applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Turning on spyware and virus protection

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

Windows Defender is the default real-time (always on) protection program in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.

If there are any third party security software installed, then Windows Defender will get disabled automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it help:

• Open Settings by either clicking on the Settings icon on the Start menu or simultaneously pressing Windows and I keys.

• Click on Update & Security.

• Click on Windows Defender, and on the left right side, turn on.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 15, 2018
  4. 7MM
    7mm Win User

Hello how do I disable protection against Windows virus

Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

Thema:

Hello how do I disable protection against Windows virus

1. Hello how do I disable protection against Windows virus - Similar Threads - Hello disable protection

2. Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware: With Windows 10 is it necessary to subscribe to third party anti-virus software such as Norton or Avast. or is the Windows 10 capable of stopping any and all threats? What are the settings that should be turned on? I am a senior with very poor knowledge of technology. Please...
  3. Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware: With Windows 10 is it necessary to subscribe to third party anti-virus software such as Norton or Avast. or is the Windows 10 capable of stopping any and all threats? What are the settings that should be turned on? I am a senior with very poor knowledge of technology. Please...
  4. Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable Virus & Threat Protection notifications

How to disable Virus & Threat Protection notifications: I'm using the below settings and yet, I'm receiving the notification also seen below every time a full scan has been completed. Even when no threats were found.Not sure if it's a bug or something I missed?I'm on Windows 10 21H1....
  6. how do I disable windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do I disable windows hello: Dear Community-I used Peer Sam's "solution", see below now my machine will not boot. How do I fix this? I recently upgraded now running:Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎05-‎15 OS build 19042.985 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 Method...
  7. Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers

Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers: So i have an old dell xps 9550 laptop that i still have been using for a while. It has windows ten pro. It's my main laptop. With my laptop, I try to do my best of trying to avoid going on certain sites and clicking links etc. So because of that, a while back I got another...
  8. How is the Windows 10 Hello password protected against Brute-Force, Dictionary or Hybrid...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How is the Windows 10 Hello password protected against Brute-Force, Dictionary or Hybrid...: I have a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 with Windows Hello Face Recognition. Instead of Face Recognition, Windows Hello also accepts a password thus no 2FA. The harddrive is encrypted with VeraCrypt. Assume Windows is running but locked and VeraCrypt is unlocked. An attacker...
  9. Protection Against Ransomwares

Protection Against Ransomwares: Does the Microsoft know all about ransomware? Microsoft's persons can catch them but...deal [Original Title: Protactions] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-against-ransomwares/9dcfe6bc-8fa9-424d-a8cb-488a7095f186
  10. How do I disable Access Protection/

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I disable Access Protection/: When I instruct McAfee to carry out a scan it goes to 99% and then hangs. The only way then to close it is to shut down the computer. I have Windows10 Home and McAfee Live Safe, both updated to date. McAfee's response starts with "Disable Access Protection and run the...