Windows 10: Hello! I am being swamped with BSODs that persist even though a clean install. Hardware issue?

Discus and support Hello! I am being swamped with BSODs that persist even though a clean install. Hardware issue? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, and thanks for your help. Here are the following BSODs I've gotten: UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP CRITICAL PROCESS DIED IRQL NOT LESS OR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrittanyFleming, May 31, 2020.

1. Hello! I am being swamped with BSODs that persist even though a clean install. Hardware issue?

Hi everyone, and thanks for your help.

Here are the following BSODs I've gotten:
    UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP
    CRITICAL PROCESS DIED
    IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    MEMORY MANAGEMENT
    PFN LIST CORRUPT
    SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

Could this still be due to some faulty driver somewhere, or is it hardware related? Should I run Memtest64 overnight? I have the .dmp files if anyone needs those. Thank you very much.

:)

BrittanyFleming, May 31, 2020

2. BSODs continue after clean install - hardware?

Hello,
    I previously posted here regarding a variety of BSODs I was getting on my machine which included various stop codes:

• usbohci.sys
    • faulty hardware corrupted page
    • kernel security check failure
    • memory management
    After trying a bunch of things (including some good suggestions from the forum), I gave up and did a clean Win10 install. To be clear, this was a disk format, followed by a fresh/clean install using the Windows 10 .iso image from Microsoft. This is a new thread because I re-installed Windows 10.
    To my astonishment, within a day of the clean install, I already got a BSOD, this time saying "Stop Code: Memory Management". This happened as soon as I woke the machine up from idle sleep. Starting to wonder if I have hardware issues. I have installed minimal things beyond the fresh windows copy, including latest Radeon video drivers, but I don't think that's it. I've run the memcheck and diskcheck utility a bunch of times, with no problems indicated. Welcome everyone's thoughts, and thank you again!

scallionking, May 31, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 31, 2020
  4. KBD
    KBD Win User

Hello! I am being swamped with BSODs that persist even though a clean install. Hardware issue?

Sapphire 4850 bsod on new install

That could be it. Just a suggestion, never do any hardware driver updates via Windows update in the future, just download the critical updates and leave it at that. When thats done then install hardware drivers that you got from the manufacturer's site.

Thema:

Hello! I am being swamped with BSODs that persist even though a clean install. Hardware issue?

1. Hello! I am being swamped with BSODs that persist even though a clean install. Hardware issue? - Similar Threads - Hello being swamped

2. Persistant BSOD even with fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistant BSOD even with fresh install: Been struggling with this issue for months with no solution. Happens basically every while playing Warzone 2.0 PC freezing and then eventually will Blue screen.Here is the Minidump************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories...
  3. Persistant BSOD even with fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistant BSOD even with fresh install: Been struggling with this issue for months with no solution. Happens basically every while playing Warzone 2.0 PC freezing and then eventually will Blue screen.Here is the Minidump************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories...
  4. BSOD persists even after a clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD persists even after a clean install: The last few days I found my Windows 10 encountering BSOD, with a few other minor problems I was having, I just decided to do a fresh install. Even during the setup process and ever since the the blue screen still continues. For the sake of it, I have some driver updates and...
  5. Random BSODs even after clean install

Random BSODs even after clean install: Hello all! I am facing a serious issue with my main desktop computer at the moment. About 4 hours ago, I tried to run a new updated game, but it was unable to start. I then proceeded to update my graphics drivers NVIDIA Dedicated GPU, and I got presented with a BSOD. I do...
  6. Weird hardware (?) problem. Problem persisted through clean Windows installation

Weird hardware (?) problem. Problem persisted through clean Windows installation: Had a power outage last night and could not open any files (error code 0x0000005 & 0x0000142). I backed up all important data to hard drive and reset it windows way, the problem still persisted. I used DISM and /sfc scannow and the results says some files couldn't be fixed....
  7. Persistent issues with BSODS

Persistent issues with BSODS: I have had BSODS since December with a PC I had built in November, after losing my whole setup to a coolant leak. The person who built it investigated my issues pretty poorly and just replaced the RAM when I reported the BSODS to him. So I’m just trying to solve things on my...
  8. Fresh Install, All New Hardware, Persistant BSOD on install

Fresh Install, All New Hardware, Persistant BSOD on install: I was experiencing a BSOD during Windows 10 Pro x64 installation on a freshly built computer, the installation would get to 80% – 100% and BSOD with a variety of errors, mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL After about 10 attempts with different UEFI settings disabled (Intel NIC,...
  9. BSODs continue after clean install - hardware?

BSODs continue after clean install - hardware?: Hello, I previously posted here regarding a variety of BSODs I was getting on my machine which included various stop codes: usbohci.sys faulty hardware corrupted page kernel security check failure memory management After trying a bunch of things (including some good...
  10. Persistent BSOD issues

Persistent BSOD issues: Over the past year, I've had recurring issues with BSOD on my laptop, which have proven beyond my abilities to deal with. I've even tried resetting my computer to no effect. Recently (starting from about mid-December, don't have a restore point predating that time) they've...