Windows 10: Hello , I am having a 'plugged in not charging' problem

Discus and support Hello , I am having a 'plugged in not charging' problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there any authentic solution? windows is 10 AC Adapter is all set because I have tried it with another different charger but getting the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ibad.., Sep 21, 2019.

1. Ibad.. Win User

Hello , I am having a 'plugged in not charging' problem

Is there any authentic solution?

windows is 10

AC Adapter is all set because I have tried it with another different charger but getting the same problem

please help me

:)

Ibad.., Sep 21, 2019
  2. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Sep 21, 2019
  3. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Plugged in, not charging

There are 3 points of failure for a laptop that does not charge (And has been determined to be a hardware problem and NOT a software/OS problem). OS problems can be tested as mentioned above.

• Dying battery (end of recharge cycle limit) as DustSailor and bro67 have mentioned.
    • Defective/dead charger/power supply
    • Broken DC In port (very common)

Sometimes in the case of a broken DC In port you can wiggle the power jack in the port and see it starts to charge and then goes back to "Plugged In Not Charging" when you let go. But not always.

Sometimes with the Charger/Power Supply it is only the jack that is defective.

First order of business is to borrow a Charger/Power Supply (be sure it has the same voltage IN as yours) and test it to see if it will charge the battery.

The rest is replacing parts until you get to the offending one.
    The Charger/Power Supply is cheapest to replace first.
    Then the Battery
    Then to the shop to see if the DC In port can/should be replaced.

4. Zeeba# Win User

0% availability (plugged in, charging)

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Zeeba#, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Hello , I am having a 'plugged in not charging' problem - Similar Threads - Hello having 'plugged

2. Hello, I am having a problem with Windows .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I am having a problem with Windows .: Hello, I am having a Windows issue. It says "your windows will expire soon," yet I have a copy of it that has been activated and is given to me by a organization. Please assist and reply right away....
  3. Hello, I am having a problem with Windows .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, I am having a problem with Windows .: Hello, I am having a Windows issue. It says "your windows will expire soon," yet I have a copy of it that has been activated and is given to me by a organization. Please assist and reply right away....
  4. I am facing a problem that if i plugged in my laptop for charging then suddenly internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing a problem that if i plugged in my laptop for charging then suddenly internet...: I am facing a problem that if i plugged in my laptop for charging then suddenly internet gets down and not on at any cost till unplugged . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-facing-a-problem-that-if-i-plugged-in-my/64c43579-e613-45c7-bf8a-5a0b57dfdb08
  5. I am facing a problem that if i plugged in my laptop for charging then suddenly internet...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am facing a problem that if i plugged in my laptop for charging then suddenly internet...: I am facing a problem that if i plugged in my laptop for charging then suddenly internet gets down and not on at any cost till unplugged . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-facing-a-problem-that-if-i-plugged-in-my/64c43579-e613-45c7-bf8a-5a0b57dfdb08
  6. hello i have this problem :/

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hello i have this problem :/: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Elias343ce [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u795vv/hello_i_have_this_problem/
  7. Hello, I am having a dual system on a drive and I am having multiple major problems...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hello, I am having a dual system on a drive and I am having multiple major problems...: I have a NTFS disk 1 SSD that I am able to boot to after doing the following: 1. after pressing on the power the dell logo goes "on" ie, i gotten a POST and all and I have to F12 my way to manually select "UEFI Drive Partition 1 OS..." where my win10 SSF is located every...
  8. Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10?!: Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10. When I right click on my Desktop and then Display Settings orPersonalize I get CMD one second and then opens nothing. To change the settings on my display I have to go throughStart - Settings - Personalization - Background......
  9. Battery Problem (Plugged in but not charging)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery Problem (Plugged in but not charging): So I've got a problem with my battery in that is currently won't charge. When plugged in the battery status simply says 'plugged in'. I'm aware of the fix of uninstalling the battery drivers, removing the battery and power cycling but I have a problem. My battery is sealed...
  10. plugged in, not charging....problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    plugged in, not charging....problem: I have a 8 month old hp windows 10 laptop. Putting the cursor over the battery icon...plugged in, not charging... is shown. The battery does charged if it is shut down, or hibernation. When plugged in the battery stays at its current level, it will not charge to full till the...