Windows 10: Hello, I have a discovery, I think many will tell me that I am crazy, it is not like that,...

Discus and support Hello, I have a discovery, I think many will tell me that I am crazy, it is not like that,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; To the explanation of what I am trying to say is that in Windows, in any Windows there is regedit, because what I mean is that there is one similar to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/No_Fold_2198, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Hello, I have a discovery, I think many will tell me that I am crazy, it is not like that,...

To the explanation of what I am trying to say is that in Windows, in any Windows there is regedit, because what I mean is that there is one similar to regedit, it is gpedit, okay here everything is fine but the thing is that I used to use older Windows like xp or Windows 7 ok but on the screen to execute the gpedit command it just now appears so what I notice is that it It says gpedit.msc, as far as I remember, it didn't say .msc. I don't know if anyone can help me or explain why I remember that or what's really happening? Why do I know that only the gpdit is set no gpdit.msc?

submitted by /u/No_Fold_2198
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/No_Fold_2198, Dec 6, 2023

2. Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Dec 6, 2023
  3. updates messed up my network discovery and now my other network computers and hp printer not discovered

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you and We apologies for delay in responding.

This issue might occur due to incorrect settings. I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

For each of the machines experiencing this behavior, will you please perform the following:

Step 1: Ensure Network Discovery is enabled.

• Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings
    • For each Network Category (Public, Private, Domain) you wish to have the feature enabled, click the arrow to the right of the category to expand it, and select “Turn on network discovery” & check “Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices”
    Step 2: Ensure that Network Discovery is allowed inbound in the Windows Firewall (in addition to any other firewall in use).

• [Windows Key + R] > Firewall.cpl
    • Click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall” in the left pane.
    • In the Allowed apps and features scroll box, find “Network Discovery”.
    • Make sure it is checked for all of the Network categories that you have enabled.
    Step 3: Ensure the necessary services are started.

• [Windows Key + R] > Services.msc
    • Base Filtering Engine(BFE)
    • Computer Browser(Browser)
    • DHCP Client(DHCP)
    • DNS Client(DNSCache)
    • Network Connection (NetMan)
    • Network Location Awareness(NLASvc)
    • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)(RPCSS)
    • Server(LANManServer)
    • SSDP Discovery (SSDPSrv)
    • TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper (LMHosts)
    • Workstation(LANManWorkstation)

Step 4: I would suggest you to run Home Group troubleshooter and see if that helps.
    • Click Start and type troubleshooting in the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    Let us know the update after you try the above steps.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Yu Huang Win User

Hello, I have a discovery, I think many will tell me that I am crazy, it is not like that,...

SSDP Discovery missing from Services.msc

Hi Expert,

Is there anyone could explain why the SSDP discovery service is missing from my WIN7 computer?

I am trying to turn on the network discovery, but it sees didn't work, then I following the Microsoft KB suggestions to start the below services:

• DNS Client
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication
    • SSDP Discovery
    • UPnP Device Host
    when I trying to start SSDP Discovery, I found the service is just missing from my computer, I got no idea about that.

I checked in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlset\Services\, no any key about the SSDP discovery service, then I export the KEY from one normal WIN7 PC, import to the one which got network discovery issue. But seems it's not working, I still cannot find the SSDP
    Discovery service in services.msc.

I have google so many troubleshooting, none of them worked for me. Please suggest,thanks!

Yu Huang, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Hello, I have a discovery, I think many will tell me that I am crazy, it is not like that,...

1. Hello, I have a discovery, I think many will tell me that I am crazy, it is not like that,... - Similar Threads - Hello discovery many

2. I think I am having an SMB problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I am having an SMB problem?: I have 3 machines/network locationsTruenas Scale ServerWindows 11 LaptopWindows 10 DesktopReadyshare Network DriveI have tried everything to fix this issue. My windows 10 machine can't find my Truenas storage no matter what I do. What makes this even weirder is that I used to...
  3. I think I am having an SMB problem?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think I am having an SMB problem?: I have 3 machines/network locationsTruenas Scale ServerWindows 11 LaptopWindows 10 DesktopReadyshare Network DriveI have tried everything to fix this issue. My windows 10 machine can't find my Truenas storage no matter what I do. What makes this even weirder is that I used to...
  4. I think I am having an SMB problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I think I have too many users.

I think I have too many users.: I just looked at my Users file image below and I think there's something wrong here. In the past, I only had three users: croge me, Default and Public. As you can see, I have more than three users--quite a few more. It looks like a new one is generated with each session. This...
  6. I think I have too many users.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I have too many users.: I just looked at my Users file image below and I think there's something wrong here. In the past, I only had three users: croge me, Default and Public. As you can see, I have more than three users--quite a few more. It looks like a new one is generated with each session. This...
  7. I think I have too many users.

8. Notification tells me I have a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."*moved from Windows / Apps on...
  9. Notification tells me I have a virus.

Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."...
  10. I am having Network Discovery problems

I am having Network Discovery problems: How are Windows Defender Settings set to allow discovery of my other computers? I know it's a Defender issue, because if I shut Windows Defender off, the other computers show up, when Network is clicked, in file manager. I've already set the: DNS Client Function Discovery...